What are some memories of your wonder years?

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
So what are your memories from your younger years? I don't mean necessarily when you were like 5, but just when you were younger in general - any age.

I remember in High School, we went to Wonderland. Now this was only a couple of years before it closed down. But I remember we went on the spider ferris wheel ride. Inside that ride there was a little wheel that you could use to spin the carriage around. We did that, and one of our mates shat himself lol, he thought the top of the wheel would get tangled up and it would break, sending us plummeting to the ground LMFAO. We did it anyway, and it was hilarious.

I also remember something a bit more laid back. When I was studying in college, the last day for the semester we hand in our assignments and finish our final exams. Afterwards a small group of us, about 7, travel in 2 cars to Bankstown Sports Club and play a couple of round of snooker. I was more of an 8-ball player, so the idea of snooker was fairly new to me back then, but in my first attempt, I sunk 2 balls immediately lol. Then a few of the guys who lived out in Campbelltown went back home and the rest of the locals, only about 3 or 4 of us, went over to Bankstown Square and walked around for a bit more, killing time on a Friday afternoon.

Then the following year, I remember going home from college, one of the guys drove in and we all lived close to each other, so he would do the rounds and drop us all off home. I remember one time when we were acting very immature, I wore a baseball cap and put my sunniess on. I would then wind down the window, and yell at a random person walking in the street "HEY REMEMBER ME?" LMAO. They would then spend the rest of the day wondering who I was lol.

Good times :grinning:

Wahesh

Reaction score
Memories from my wonder years?

I remember back at school I had a crush on Winnie Cooper but I don't think I had much of a chance as I was Fred Savage and no one likes Fred Savage.
Ok so by YOUR wonder years I mean those of yourself @JacobShade - not those from a tv show from the late 80s and early 90s :tearsofjoy:

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Memories from my wonder years?

I remember back at school I had a crush on Winnie Cooper but I don't think I had much of a chance as I was Fred Savage and no one likes Fred Savage.
Lucky you.

I grew up in the bush and we only had 2 channels - ABC and this 9/7 hybrid type station.

So growing up no x files or Simpsons (the two shows the cool kids whose parents paid for the big antenna could get on 10 used to talk about)

Wahesh

Reaction score
Lucky you.

I grew up in the bush and we only had 2 channels - ABC and this 9/7 hybrid type station.

So growing up no x files or Simpsons (the two shows the cool kids whose parents paid for the big antenna could get on 10 used to talk about)
Interesting. Where abouts did you grow up mate?

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Lucky you.

A little town called Leeton between Wagga Wagga and Griffith.

It wasn't until after i went to uni in the mid 90s that my parents hot all 5 stations.
Interesting. Where abouts did you grow up mate?

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I remember when a full bag of red frogs cost 50c at primary school and a sausage roll was $1 zooper doopers were like 25c.
Let's just say if you took a gold coin to school you were bill fkn gates

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Packet of cigarettes on average was only $6.
The only way you would pay $5 for a can of beam is if you were stupid enough to visit Perisher or Thredbo.
Super Nintendo.
Nintendo 64.
Sony PlayStation, which then became the PlayStation then the PSX and finally PS1.

I also remember when everyone chipped play stations and sold dodgy camcorder quality movies that were not avalible in our cinemas via VCD and required 2 discs to watch a full movie!
Everyone thought they were the shit for doing that but true pirates always wear an eye patch.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
I used to faux volounteer @ Mt Panorama for the Bathurst races when I was tweenager.

Step 1. Apply for any volounteer work that gives you an over the pits pass.

Step 2. Goto Orientation day and receive Volunteer uniforms, meal vouchers and 4 day over the pit pass worth $500

Step 3. Turn up in Civilian clothes, avoid the legit volunteers and offer to be a beer wench for drunk ***** and get shouted all weekend cause Im a funny ****.

One year I met 2 Kiwi's, a police officer and an aeronautical engineer. They seemed like straight up and down folks but I suspected they may have been bullshitting me. The NZ cop trying to chat up my chick friend's (we were 15) made me suspicious.

But they were loaded and were giving me $50 every hour minumum to goto the beer tent for them and get them 2 JDs each and get myself 1 as well. They told me I could keep the change $20-something.

I had no intentions of sticking around, just a quick beer or two and then head off to find some other mates.

After I had gotten them a couple of rounds I had made an easy $50 and decided that I would surprise the kiwis by turning up a few hours later with a few packs of smokes from the Peter Jackson tents ($5 bucks a pack) and 2 beers each.

They were fully impressed and had me stick with them for the next 2 days. I got a bit fucked up on the Saturday night before the big race so they let me crash in their hired campervan and the engineer bought me $100 Holden jacket the next morning because it was cold as fuck.

After the race was done with we continued pissing up a few hours into darkness and by that time people had started burning out the cars they bought on top and bottom of the Mount.

They packed all their shit into the camper and we took off for a lap around the Mt in the camper with 6 other strays. 9 in the camper.

The copper flogged the shit out the camper and gave it all he could and we flew through the dipper and the draws flung open with cutlery and vcr players and people flying everywhere lol.

They wanted a feed but had no cash because they had given it all to me and every ATM in town was bled dry so I gave them $100 back and went and got some pizzas then KFC drive thru where the cop again tried hitting on my 15 year old chick friend.

Two of the most generous, genuine and funny ***** I have ever had the pleasure of meeting and have some memories for life.

Last edited: