What are some memories of your wonder years?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Memories from my wonder years?

I remember back at school I had a crush on Winnie Cooper but I don't think I had much of a chance as I was Fred Savage and no one likes Fred Savage.
I think we have the same home movie!

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I remember walking into Maccas one day and ordering a Big Mac and getting this poor excuse for a burger and saying "Where's the rest of my burger?"

Taking the Mrs to America next year for a holiday and I've told her that the first thing I'm doing is going to Maccas and getting a real big mac.
careful dude.....I hear North American maccas can legit kill you.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
careful dude.....I hear North American maccas can legit kill you.
You're not wrong. Ordered a Big Mac while over there and it was one of the worst things I've ever eaten. Horrible food.

That said, the McGriddle on their breakfast menu is amazing. Bacon, egg and sausage wrapped between two maple flavoured pikelets. Heaven in a breakfast food.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
High school band days (we weren't as cool as we thought, but we were as wasted), backyard wrestling days (not every backyard wrestler can say the have had a match called by Darrell Eastlake) and getting some media coverage for it, surfing the sloped park near my old house after flooding from a heavy rainfall, Goldeneye and Tony Hawk's 2 on N64, being mischievous and defying authority.....that's about all I remember. Other stuff happened too I'm sure.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
You're not wrong. Ordered a Big Mac while over there and it was one of the worst things I've ever eaten. Horrible food.

That said, the McGriddle on their breakfast menu is amazing. Bacon, egg and sausage wrapped between two maple flavoured pikelets. Heaven in a breakfast food.
An early ticket to heaven in a breakfast food even!

That does sound pretty luxurious haha.....do they pick the egg shell out of the freaking egg? last time I had a sausage and egg muffin from an Aussie maccas there were little crunchy bits all through the damned thing. reminded me why I don't usually breakfast!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
An early ticket to heaven in a breakfast food even!

That does sound pretty luxurious haha.....do they pick the egg shell out of the freaking egg? last time I had a sausage and egg muffin from an Aussie maccas there were little crunchy bits all through the damned thing. reminded me why I don't usually breakfast!
I'm not even sure if the Americans use real egg. It could be anything.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I'm not even sure if the Americans use real egg. It could be anything.
As long as it doesn't have little shell bits in it, it's probably an improvement.....at least we know the eggs here are authentic....unless it was shell fragment substitute I was noticing.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
As long as it doesn't have little shell bits in it, it's probably an improvement.....at least we know the eggs here are authentic....unless it was shell fragment substitute I was noticing.
Haha. Wouldn't surprise me. "I found shell in my McMuffin".... "Good, go tell everyone. They'll think it's real egg"

A few years back there was a massive campaign against Maccas 'cause they use cage eggs. They received enough pressure that they agreed to stop using cage eggs by the end of this year. They did the same to Hungry Jacks.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Haha. Wouldn't surprise me. "I found shell in my McMuffin".... "Good, go tell everyone. They'll think it's real egg"

A few years back there was a massive campaign against Maccas 'cause they use cage eggs. They received enough pressure that they agreed to stop using cage eggs by the end of this year. They did the same to Hungry Jacks.
Or was the battery hens controversy just a brilliantly orchestrated PR campaign to convince greedy consumers who are indifferent to the suffering of animals that the eggs are real? Maybe just an extension of the egg shell substitute trick.....those Maccas marketing people are pretty sharp....

You decide!

:P

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I remember playing that game after school on so many occasions. I loved it. Great cartoony platform game.
Yeah
I had 1, 2, &3
I think 1 was called captain comic or some shit
I loved those games

Wahesh

Reaction score
Yeah
I had 1, 2, &3
I think 1 was called captain comic or some shit
I loved those games
There were 4 (I'm sure) on PC and 1 on Game Boy Color.

PC Titles:

Commander Keen in Invasion of the Vorticons
Commander Keen in Keen Dreams
Commander Keen in Goodbye, Galaxy
Commander Keen in Aliens Ate My Babysitter

Game Boy Color - simply titled "Commander Keen"

You can play the PC ones online: http://game-oldies.com/

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
There were 4 (I'm sure) on PC and 1 on Game Boy Color.

PC Titles:

Commander Keen in Invasion of the Vorticons
Commander Keen in Keen Dreams
Commander Keen in Goodbye, Galaxy
Commander Keen in Aliens Ate My Babysitter

Game Boy Color - simply titled "Commander Keen"

You can play the PC ones online: http://game-oldies.com/
Played through all of them. Great games. But my two favourite games like that were Fury of the Furries, and The Lost Vikings

Wahesh

Reaction score
Played through all of them. Great games. But my two favourite games like that were Fury of the Furries, and The Lost Vikings
Oh yes I remember those 2 - I didn't play them much though. Fury was on Amiga from memory (a computer I didn't have), and TLV was on SNES. It actually has a classic SNES look and feel to it that game. It reminds me a lot of Bubsy on SNES. Anyone remember that game?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Oh yes I remember those 2 - I didn't play them much though. Fury was on Amiga from memory (a computer I didn't have), and TLV was on SNES. It actually has a classic SNES look and feel to it that game. It reminds me a lot of Bubsy on SNES. Anyone remember that game?

The Mrs tried to play that the other day on the emulators. She didn't get very far.