What are some memories of your wonder years?

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
View attachment 49026View attachment 49027
For me, growing up near Bankstown Airport, the backyard of this house at Georges Hall, full of old aircraft and parts, was a constant source of wonderment.
Mate I was fascinated looking around my uncles shed - I would've spent countless hours there. I grew up closer to Canterbury though so didn't have access to something like that.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Saturday morning simple pleasures.
Did you ever watch Top Cat as well? I remember that was on Saturday mornings before Saturday Disney as well at one stage. Sometimes I would get up a little too early and there was this show on before hand called "Cross Country" and I think it was a news show about farming and agriculture. Do you remember that?

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Did you ever watch Top Cat as well? I remember that was on Saturday mornings before Saturday Disney as well at one stage. Sometimes I would get up a little too early and there was this show on before hand called "Cross Country" and I think it was a news show about farming and agriculture. Do you remember that?
Top cat was brilliant. Wasn't a fan of Disney. Fat Albert and the Cosby kids. That was hip.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Reminds me Lizzy is 96 ,she been on the back of our coins for 69 years ( I think correct me if I'm wrong) the old tart would be lucky to crack the hundred, so in the next few years chuck will be on our coins the first king in 70 odd years , the fidy cent may get his head with those big ears on it, but the 5c 10c 20c $1 and $2 we may need coins the size of wagon wheels

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Getting my first game and watch “Donkey Kong”. I took that thing everywhere, even on holidays. The Atari 2600 was another thing I loved, I still have it and managed to find someone that could convert the system from Analogue to Digital.
3EB009D0-A821-4444-A0FA-5D7707713166.jpegA4D36AE2-AB37-4B32-BC09-19B0E9594FCB.jpeg

Last edited:

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We used to go on holidays in the 1980s to The Entrance in NSW at Christmas. The bottom of the Main Street had a carnival. And party atmosphere. Water Slides up the top of the Main Street. Long Jetty had Roller Skating which was great. This is when the summers were hot and everyone wanted to get outside and enjoy the beaches, rivers and whatever was on offer. Such good memories. Went back many years later and it wasn’t the same, a lot of things aren’t their anymore. But I will always remember the fun everyone had.

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Sydney Royal Easter Show - Moore Park. What a great place. We would get there in the morning and wouldn’t go home until we saw the fireworks. My uncle used to take me there and we had an awesome time. Bought some sample bags over the years that bring back happy memories. Something we used to do together until he passed away.
5F9F5A74-06E9-4732-A810-21A82A7B33A6.jpeg

Last edited: