What are some memories of your wonder years?

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Long before we were allowed to,me and a couple of mates telling our parents we were going to the park to play footy,but jumping a train to Belmore to watch the Dogs play. It seems crazy to me now, But as an 11 year old with a junior league pass it was the obvious thing to do.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Long before we were allowed to,me and a couple of mates telling our parents we were going to the park to play footy,but jumping a train to Belmore to watch the Dogs play. It seems crazy to me now, But as an 11 year old with a junior league pass it was the obvious thing to do.
Sometimes you'd be able to sneak in at halftime as the gates would be open. I remember once when I was a kid the team came to my primary school and gave out 2 passes per student to a game that weekend. I went with my dad, my mate and his dad once. We sat on the Terry Lamb Family Hill, got a hot dog, hot chips, coke, and just enjoyed the game. We beat the Steelers 26 - 16 - I remember that.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Sometimes you'd be able to sneak in at halftime as the gates would be open. I remember once when I was a kid the team came to my primary school and gave out 2 passes per student to a game that weekend. I went with my dad, my mate and his dad once. We sat on the Terry Lamb Family Hill, got a hot dog, hot chips, coke, and just enjoyed the game. We beat the Steelers 26 - 16 - I remember that.
How good would that be going back in time to watch the Dogs beat the Steelers at Belmore oval sitting on the hill with dad eating a hotdog. That’s a fantastic memory mate.

Wahesh

Reaction score
How good would that be going back in time to watch the Dogs beat the Steelers at Belmore oval sitting on the hill with dad eating a hotdog. That’s a fantastic memory mate.
Yeah it's one of the fondest memories I have of my late old man mate. He got me into the dogs from a very young age - and I reckon if it wasn't for him I wouldn't even follow the game lol. He'd always refer me to the Steven Gearin try in the 1980 GF as being the greatest ever - and it's hard to disagree.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Owning a VK 5.0 at 24 and driving VIPs around for freebies.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Fun fact I didn't know and only discovered recently.

Did you know the first-ever McDonalds in Australia opened in Yagoona in 1971, 16 years after the company was founded in the US, only to close it's doors in 1996.

Well, it's re-opening back in Yagonna on the Hume, due for 2022.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
I reckon I’ve mentioned this in here but stuffed if I can remember but Mum taking us to Pizza Hut at Beverly Hills then onto Beverly Hills cinema to watch movies like Jurassic Park or Terminator 2 or Matrix

Wahesh

Reaction score
I reckon I’ve mentioned this in here but stuffed if I can remember but Mum taking us to Pizza Hut at Beverly Hills then onto Beverly Hills cinema to watch movies like Jurassic Park or Terminator 2 or Matrix
Yep - very similar with us too. Back in the 90s we loved going to Hoyts or Greater Union. There was a Pizza Hut across the road from Bankstown Hoyts and even a pancake place underneath that we used to love going to.

I even remember we didn't like paying the ridiculous prices for drinks and popcorn at the cinema, so we'd go to Bankstown Square just across the road and buy whatever we wanted from there and take it in lol.