Opinion What a stupid rule!!

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Of course I knew the rule that if the ball fails to go the required 10m after a kick off, but how fucking stupid is it that the receiving team can't catch it and take control if it doesnt go 10m. Naden grabs the ball on about 41m and gets penalised, then rorters score!! Pretty ridiculous imo.
Another thing, did anyone notice the ref call zero tackle after Korisau throws a rainbow pass to Morris with about 11 mins to go? Should have been tackle 1.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It must be so players don’t stand in front of the kick off to try and charge it down.

But yeh I think the ball bounced so isn’t a problem. If he caught it on the full might be a different story. Common sense is play on if the team receiving the play off picks it up. I think mason did it once years and years ago for us.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It must be so players don’t stand in front of the kick off to try and charge it down.

But yeh I think the ball bounced so isn’t a problem. If he caught it on the full might be a different story. Common sense is play on if the team receiving the play off picks it up. I think mason did it once years and years ago for us.
It just doesn't really make any sense to me. The roosters were trying to get the ball back after cenceding points, so they kick short to try and get the ball back by chance. If it goes wrong and the ball doesn't travel 10m, fair play, penalty. But if it is grabbed by an opposition player, unlucky, their ball.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The rule is perfectly fine. Receiving team already has an advantage in standing and waiting for the ball to come to them and they get a penalty if it doesn't go the 10 metres. Naden shouldve have known the rules...

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Whether its a dumb rule or not its a well known one that has been around for as long as I can remember, there is no excuse for not knowing it.

Kip Drordy

Kennel Established
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
And it was a zero tackle because it was a forward pass, just like if they had knocked on and the roosters got.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
The fucking scrums. Did you see the eels v storm game. Kafousi had 1 hand on the scrum but body was out . Should just push them over every scrum and win the ball.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thanks for your feedback. Im glad you gave it another consideration to offer a worthless opinion.
Youre embarassing yourself again
That's the rule you said it yourself haha
Dont want feedback dont make dumb threads lol