Opinion What a fantastic win.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I’ve read over and over Bulldogs fans absolutely give it to Dean Pay. Calling him a c@nt, saying he should be sacked, he can’t coach etc.
The criticism stuns me. Take a look at the side he’s coaching. The lesser names. How many superstar players does he have at his disposal? How many current Origin players on his squad ? How many players would struggle to play first grade at another club ?

The last 2 weeks you’ve defeated two sides tipped to play finals. You should have beaten Melbourne & Canberra.
How would Dean Pay go at coaching say the Roosters ?
How would Trent Robinson go at coaching the Bulldogs ?

Personally I think Pay can coach & has done a super job with the players he has. The Bulldogs lost a shit load of experience last year & are a very young side.

It’s time to lay off Pay & look at the bigger picture.
Na.

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow! When we lose it’s Pay’s fault and when we win it has nothing to do with him
When we lose the players are not putting in for the coach and when we win they are only putting it in for each other.
So so many sheep on this site! I’ve said it on here before its like the Kennel has been infiltrated by Dragons supporters - let’s boo our coach and players!!!!

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’ve read over and over Bulldogs fans absolutely give it to Dean Pay. Calling him a c@nt, saying he should be sacked, he can’t coach etc.
The criticism stuns me. Take a look at the side he’s coaching. The lesser names. How many superstar players does he have at his disposal? How many current Origin players on his squad ? How many players would struggle to play first grade at another club ?

The last 2 weeks you’ve defeated two sides tipped to play finals. You should have beaten Melbourne & Canberra.
How would Dean Pay go at coaching say the Roosters ?
How would Trent Robinson go at coaching the Bulldogs ?

Personally I think Pay can coach & has done a super job with the players he has. The Bulldogs lost a shit load of experience last year & are a very young side.

It’s time to lay off Pay & look at the bigger picture.
I’ve repeated this many times, he still cannot choose the strongest line up that is available to him, communication problems and has favourites that he doesn’t drop regardless of performance, blokes dropped Ogden like 25 times this year despite being one of our better forwards, mate just stop with this dean pay can coach shit

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the Morris boys tabled a package deal to the Bulldogs according to the media at the time. Obviously the offer wasn't accepted.
There's so many different stories. According to other stories they were sick of the culture/uncertainty and wanted to go somewhere they could have a final tilt at a premiership and they didn't want to be part of a rebuild. Apparently Brett is signed at near minimum wage at the roosters (plus brown paper bags).

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
There's so many different stories. According to other stories they were sick of the culture/uncertainty and wanted to go somewhere they could have a final tilt at a premiership and they didn't want to be part of a rebuild. Apparently Brett is signed at near minimum wage at the roosters (plus brown paper bags).
At the end of the day I don't think $1M/season for a pair of 32 year old outside backs represents much value, especially for a team in a rebuild. I'm glad we passed them up.

Just quietly their original deals were far too rich also. Particularly B.Moz getting paid 700-750k/year to play on the wing. Not to mention he spent half of his time with us on the sideline.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
We only won because tolman got injured. I have no doubt if he plays we lose.
The break Montoya made would somehow ended in tolmans hand the next tackle, he would have taken a settler and fucked all momentum letting the knights players set their line once again.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
We only won because tolman got injured. I have no doubt if he plays we lose.
Just like how we lost against the Sharks when he stayed out there for 72 minutes?

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’ve repeated this many times, he still cannot choose the strongest line up that is available to him, communication problems and has favourites that he doesn’t drop regardless of performance, blokes dropped Ogden like 25 times this year despite being one of our better forwards, mate just stop with this dean pay can coach shit
So do you think you are a better judge than Dean Pay. Your delusional.
He is with these guys for many hours a day. He knows what they can do and what they are doing at training.
The stories about his lack of communication skills is also a furphy. He talks to them all and is well listened to.
Pay's biggest problem is that he cant make a racehorse out of a donkey.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He is with these guys for many hours a day. He knows what they can do and what they are doing at training.
The stories about his lack of communication skills is also a furphy. He talks to them all and is well listened to.
Lololololol

hackenbush

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Only disadvantage from winning is definitely no changes for next week game.(barring injuries) Montoya had a solid game, nothing flash while meaney would surely ended up with negative post contact meters! Need to gamble now the season is over & give Holland & okunbor more game time in FG. Give much more spark in attack & also allow more time for them to fix up their defensive shortcomings

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm better than Dean pay tbh

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
This group deserves a lot more credit than what I’ve read post-game tonight. Here’s why:

- We just beat a good top 8 side, comprising of an array of quality, experienced individuals. And we beat them at their home base.

- We effectively played with 15 men. Tolman lasted 17 minutes, Sue just 8. Losing 2 of your middle forwards for the majority of the game is a massive handicap. Elliot and To’omaga stepped up, Napa put in probably the biggest shift of his career. They got the job done.

- No Kieran Foran. Our halves pair of Wakeham and Cogger, aged just 20 and 21 respectively, and fuck all games between them, both stepped up. Both got through a lot of defence and overall showed composure beyond their years.

- Effort. They kept turning up for one another in defence, and we had a number of individuals putting their hand up for some tough runs and their yardage reflected it;
- DWZ: 227m
- Hopoate: 235m
- Montoya: 219m
- Napa: 177m
- Elliot: 188m
- CHN: 139m

All the Pay haters please take a week or so off. The team I watched tonight look like they gave a shit, and were playing for their coach. In Deano we trust. Enjoy the win boys.
nothing personal against Pay, but he's a shit coach

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I wouldn't go as far as fantastic. We never looked like scoring until Montoya came up with the big play. Old-Castle self destructed with fatigue setting in. It was a must win so it's good in that sense, just hope Titans or Broncos finish with the spoon now.

Napa needs to lift for next game and he usually does against the Broncos. Need Foz back to spark the attack.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
At the end of the day I don't think $1M/season for a pair of 32 year old outside backs represents much value, especially for a team in a rebuild. I'm glad we passed them up.

Just quietly their original deals were far too rich also. Particularly B.Moz getting paid 700-750k/year to play on the wing. Not to mention he spent half of his time with us on the sideline.
The deal Brett was on was absolutely ridiculous. He was being paid decent fullback money and made it clear at St George he didn't like playing there. Hasler and the board did some beyond stupid things.

Reaction score
Honestly with Adam Elliot I would go so far as to call him a pro benchie he just brings energy onto the field and it’s good to watch

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Just like how we lost against the Sharks when he stayed out there for 72 minutes?
You just name one game? Name the rest that he has fucked up our attack. Actually there is no number to it, way astronomical.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
This group deserves a lot more credit than what I’ve read post-game tonight. Here’s why:

- We just beat a good top 8 side, comprising of an array of quality, experienced individuals. And we beat them at their home base.

- We effectively played with 15 men. Tolman lasted 17 minutes, Sue just 8. Losing 2 of your middle forwards for the majority of the game is a massive handicap. Elliot and To’omaga stepped up, Napa put in probably the biggest shift of his career. They got the job done.

- No Kieran Foran. Our halves pair of Wakeham and Cogger, aged just 20 and 21 respectively, and fuck all games between them, both stepped up. Both got through a lot of defence and overall showed composure beyond their years.

- Effort. They kept turning up for one another in defence, and we had a number of individuals putting their hand up for some tough runs and their yardage reflected it;
- DWZ: 227m
- Hopoate: 235m
- Montoya: 219m
- Napa: 177m
- Elliot: 188m
- CHN: 139m

All the Pay haters please take a week or so off. The team I watched tonight look like they gave a shit, and were playing for their coach. In Deano we trust. Enjoy the win boys.
So I’m guessing we should sign lichaa on another three year deal extend Montoya and give pay an up grade because we’ve beaten two sides that thought they were going to put 30 on us and didn’t turn up FMD lol

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You lost me with the “In Deno we trust” dribble.
I dribble from time to time so I disagree. Delusional fits much better.
No week off for anti Pay comments as we are still in spoon race under his guidance.