Opinion What a fantastic win.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I give credit to the officials last night... Apart from the laying all over the ruck, for once we played a game without any dubious decisions and if there was any they went our way FOR ONCE!

That Remis try shouldn't have been given and was probably the difference in the end... In other weeks we would not have smelt that try.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes agree it was a good win. You can only play what's in front of you however it's laughable to say they played for the coach. That's great if they did that for the last 2 weeks but what did they do during the 11 losses we've had then.

I've got the feeling we might see a decent run at the end of this year and for those who can't see the big picture they'll be lulled into a false sense of security like last year. We'll hear 2020 will be different but if Pay is the coach next year people will be in for more disappointment.
It's the knucklehead majority on this forum who are failing to see the big picture.

For this season we have shed the Morris brothers, Klemmer, Woods, Mbye, Eastwood etc and replaced them with a group of kids + CHN and Napa (who is a long way inferior to Klemmer). 2019 was always gonna be a struggle and 100% a rebuild year as we have the league's youngest and least experienced squad with a distinct lack of star quality. Anyone who expected big improvements this year is moronic. 2020 is where we should see the team really starting to gel and by 2021 we will be an absolute moral for the Top 8.

What's impressive in these couple of victories is the fact that within this young group there's a lot of resolve and resilience instilled. Individuals are gradually improving and growing more confident. Long may it continue

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
I'll have a week off for every time we win, if you'll have a week off for every time we lose.

Credit to the boys for getting 2 gutsy wins in a row, but it wasn't because of attacking structure or planning that we put on points, rather individual brilliance.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
That Remis try shouldn't have been given and was probably the difference in the end... In other weeks we would not have smelt that try.
I thought that was a try the only bobble came after he grounded the ball.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It's the knucklehead majority on this forum who are failing to see the big picture.

For this season we have shed the Morris brothers, Klemmer, Woods, Mbye, Eastwood etc and replaced them with a group of kids + CHN and Napa (who is a long way inferior to Klemmer). 2019 was always gonna be a struggle and 100% a rebuild year as we have the league's youngest and least experienced squad with a distinct lack of star quality. Anyone who expected big improvements this year is moronic. 2020 is where we should see the team really starting to gel and by 2021 we will be an absolute moral for the Top 8.

What's impressive in these couple of victories is the fact that within this young group there's a lot of resolve and resilience instilled. Individuals are gradually improving and growing more confident. Long may it continue
Is that really you dean ?? :tongueclosed::tongueclosed::tongueclosed::tongueclosed:

Jokes big guy, but your a little to invested in this so called coaches success lol, and we are all on here to give our opinions.. right ? it’s freedom of speech..

And weather or not we are for pay or against pay, it certainly does not mean we are not TRUE supporters, I’ve got every right as well as anyone. 32 years supporting this club an this club ONLY gives me every right to have a say...!!

Peace mate :grinning:

Last edited:

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I thought that was a try the only bobble came after he grounded the ball.
Dunno I saw the bobble as he was trying to get it down, looked like both hands left the ball at one stage. The fact Checcin mentioned it and gave it a no try I thought NO WAY that was going through.. lol

Last edited:

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I'll have a week off for every time we win, if you'll have a week off for every time we lose.

Credit to the boys for getting 2 gutsy wins in a row, but it wasn't because of attacking structure or planning that we put on points, rather individual brilliance.
Individual brilliance? I saw an array of individuals contribute to each try. Hoppa went over after a shift on the back of a Montoya break. CHN got put through a hole by Wakeham. Reimis brought down a Cogger bomb to score. And all 17 men showcased robust defence. That was a team effort if I've ever seen one.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

Agree with what your saying, just my opinion that Pay isn't the coach to take us forward. I think we could be doing better with a more skilled coach.

I think some have a love and respect for Pay as a player but Pay as a coach is a separate thing and I don't see him on the level of the better coaches in the NRL.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Individual brilliance? I saw an array of individuals contribute to each try. Hoppa went over after a shift on the back of a Montoya break. CHN got put through a hole by Wakeham. Reimis brought down a Cogger bomb to score. And all 17 men showcased robust defence. That was a team effort if I've ever seen one.
And yet none of those were from set plays except for the Cogger-Smith try which was his only go to kick option while in their zone, which eventually payed off only coz Smith has the height. It's not like we bamboozle the defence lol.

Defensive effort I'm not arguing about.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dunno I saw him bobble as he was trying to get it down, looked like both hands left the ball at one stage. The fact Checcin mentioned it and gave it a no try I thought NO WAY that was going through.. lol
Yeah those things don't usually go our way. Reimis has great hands in the air he did well after juggling it that many times.

I still think we would have hung on anyway as the Knights didn't really look like scoring a try after the first 5 mins.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Wow, I'm impressed, you would have picked JMK to start at lock :tonguewink:
And you would have Elliot starting too :tonguewink::tonguewink:
And you would forgo the obvious impact and energy Sue and Elliot had coming off the bench, totally caught Brown off guard and, like the rubhish coach he is, took forever to wake up and puts his subs on.
Genius stuff, I applaud you ;)

Go Dogs
Your sarcasm is on point, I like it, shows ya have a sense of humour...

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
This group deserves a lot more credit than what I’ve read post-game tonight. Here’s why:

- We just beat a good top 8 side, comprising of an array of quality, experienced individuals. And we beat them at their home base.

- We effectively played with 15 men. Tolman lasted 17 minutes, Sue just 8. Losing 2 of your middle forwards for the majority of the game is a massive handicap. Elliot and To’omaga stepped up, Napa put in probably the biggest shift of his career. They got the job done.

- No Kieran Foran. Our halves pair of Wakeham and Cogger, aged just 20 and 21 respectively, and fuck all games between them, both stepped up. Both got through a lot of defence and overall showed composure beyond their years.

- Effort. They kept turning up for one another in defence, and we had a number of individuals putting their hand up for some tough runs and their yardage reflected it;
- DWZ: 227m
- Hopoate: 235m
- Montoya: 219m
- Napa: 177m
- Elliot: 188m
- CHN: 139m

All the Pay haters please take a week or so off. The team I watched tonight look like they gave a shit, and were playing for their coach. In Deano we trust. Enjoy the win boys.
We had a rabid Newcastle fanbase screaming blue murder and booing our every effort, trying to influence the referees to penalise us. Without known playmakers, with injuries, and an away game, we produced the best win of the season so far. The refs actually gave us a fair go. How can you not be happy with that?

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That's now 5 wins in a row we've had up in Newcastle.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Exactly it just means;
1. Sharks didn't have a goalkicker
2. Knights didn't have Ponga
Yes we tried hard but that can also come down to personal pride in performance not the coach. Pay is still poo poo
Dogs didn't have Foran. Dogs didn't have two forwards for most of the game. Dogs muffed opportunities to post points. Yet, they still won. A terrific, and well earned win.

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Morris Twins were both on $750k or $700k each last year they could of gotton them for a $1m package deal on $500K each which is ok money in my opinion then we save up to $500k to spend else where

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ve read over and over Bulldogs fans absolutely give it to Dean Pay. Calling him a c@nt, saying he should be sacked, he can’t coach etc.
The criticism stuns me. Take a look at the side he’s coaching. The lesser names. How many superstar players does he have at his disposal? How many current Origin players on his squad ? How many players would struggle to play first grade at another club ?

The last 2 weeks you’ve defeated two sides tipped to play finals. You should have beaten Melbourne & Canberra.
How would Dean Pay go at coaching say the Roosters ?
How would Trent Robinson go at coaching the Bulldogs ?

Personally I think Pay can coach & has done a super job with the players he has. The Bulldogs lost a shit load of experience last year & are a very young side.

It’s time to lay off Pay & look at the bigger picture.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Morris Twins were both on $750k or $700k each last year they could of gotton them for a $1m package deal on $500K each which is ok money in my opinion then we save up to $500k to spend else where
Don't let the fact that they didn't want to stay get in the way.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don't let the fact that they didn't want to stay get in the way.
Say they did want stay and we re-signed them for a million I’m pretty sure we wouldn’t have had the money for DWZ. DWZ has a lot more miles left on the clock.