What’s wrong with T Baz?

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys, not interested in blaming the roster etc

Barrett has a lot more to play with in regards to the roster as opposed to the last few years (so if we blame the current roster it is even more alarming in regards to T. Baz so it nullifies that argument)

We were touted as the team who recruited better than the majority, Dragons were favourites for the spoon with bookies and most experts had us improving on last year’s results.
As soon as we signed Barrett I was against it (purely from his terrible results with a pretty impressive Manly squad) I thought he was absolutely trash in his Sea Eagles tenure.

When hearing him speak I wanted to give him benefit of the doubt but undeniably he is pretty outta his depth.

Curious to some intelligible input from the Kennel as to what exactly is Barrett’s flaws?

I admit, he is well presented, articulates things well, seems respected by the players (from the outside looking in) helped the panthers attack, seems to have a vision but his execution is terrible. We are now the worst team ever in the NRL era (literally).

I have heard from some guys from Manly that he was actually not well liked by many of the playing group and had a toxic relationship with Jackson Hastings-I get players can be difficult but could you see Bellamy getting dragged into a mud slinging match with some ego driven twenty year old? ( quite alarming and screams ego, immaturity-Todd Payten esque)

Very curious as to why Barrett is so far off the pace? There is nothing glaringly obvious but no doubt he has major flaws and to me the players don’t look like they’re playing for him.

Basically, want to know what he is doing that is so wrong yet quite difficult to decipher from the outside looking in.

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Personally I think a combination of the new rules and a system he runs not really matching the roster we have I think the system he runs is hit or miss in regards to a roaming halfback the side isn’t playing direct or into the line enough and the middles are weak as piss in defence. I think it will slowly start to improve as the year goes but at the moment certainly not working. I also haven’t been a fan of him and laundys talk in the media about new players can’t be good for morale

sifter6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The roster is garbage and the recruitment was the biggest, but definitely not the best. Barrett will be a great coach, however his recruitment strategy needs some work. Waddell for instance should NEVER have been signed. If Addo-Carr and Burton had been released this year and Thompson hadn't had his carry over suspension I am pretty sure we'd be 2 Wins and 4 Losses... maybe even 3W/3L.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Bulldogs now $13 to go winless this season.... Bazz must be proud

Reactions: MrT

sifter6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Personally I think a combination of the new rules and a system he runs not really matching the roster we have I think the system he runs is hit or miss in regards to a roaming halfback the side isn’t playing direct or into the line enough and the middles are weak as piss in defence. I think it will slowly start to improve as the year goes but at the moment certainly not working. I also haven’t been a fan of him and laundys talk in the media about new players can’t be good for morale
I really dislike the 6 again rule and for the first time in forty-five years I haven't watched other teams because of that rule change. I now only watch the Bulldogs games, and even then... only just.

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really dislike the 6 again rule and for the first time in forty-five years I haven't watched other teams because of that rule change. I now only watch the Bulldogs games, and even then... only just.
I’m the same I’ve started gambling way more just to have a reason to watch other games. Game is going to shit imo has widened the gap so much between the top sides and the shit ones aka us

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys, not interested in blaming the roster etc

Barrett has a lot more to play with in regards to the roster as opposed to the last few years (so if we blame the current roster it is even more alarming in regards to T. Baz so it nullifies that argument)

We were touted as the team who recruited better than the majority, Dragons were favourites for the spoon with bookies and most experts had us improving on last year’s results.
As soon as we signed Barrett I was against it (purely from his terrible results with a pretty impressive Manly squad) I thought he was absolutely trash in his Sea Eagles tenure.

When hearing him speak I wanted to give him benefit of the doubt but undeniably he is pretty outta his depth.

Curious to some intelligible input from the Kennel as to what exactly is Barrett’s flaws?

I admit, he is well presented, articulates things well, seems respected by the players (from the outside looking in) helped the panthers attack, seems to have a vision but his execution is terrible. We are now the worst team ever in the NRL era (literally).

I have heard from some guys from Manly that he was actually not well liked by many of the playing group and had a toxic relationship with Jackson Hastings-I get players can be difficult but could you see Bellamy getting dragged into a mud slinging match with some ego driven twenty year old? ( quite alarming and screams ego, immaturity-Todd Payten esque)

Very curious as to why Barrett is so far off the pace? There is nothing glaringly obvious but no doubt he has major flaws and to me the players don’t look like they’re playing for him.

Basically, want to know what he is doing that is so wrong yet quite difficult to decipher from the outside looking in.
How would you coach a team that knows most of them won't be there?

How do you get a team on your side when their future's are no longer at the club and have no job security?

Would you like to continue going into work knowing you don't have a place in that organisation in the next six months and you have no other offers? Would your heart still be in it?

Think about the minds of these players and the stress they are encounting. Their minds aren't on the job that is there for all to see and I am not defending them one bit as they have contributed to their demise but these are facts of being human where it does effect your mentality.

Until we have the majority of our players on two to three year contracts with the potential of new contracts after that and knowing they have a future at the club and that the club means everything to them then we are staying right where we deserve to be.

Get off Barrett's back because remember this, no other coach wanted to come near us with what they saw in the player roster and salary cap.

Last edited:

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Baz seems intent on sticking with his systems in attack ...but it’s trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.

Like Marley said he’s trying to create Flanno into a Cleary v2.

We looked the best we have in attack this season when we were a player down and threw away the game plan and attacked via the middle third then opened them up on the edges.

This shows we clearly can play successfully in a certain style (not the one Baz is intent on keeping)

For me the most embarrassing aspect is the amount of points we are leaking and the easy one off the ruck tries.

Our defence in general is horrible but specifically our goal line defence is the worst in our history

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
100%

sifter6

Kennel Established
Reaction score

How do you get a team on your side when their future's are no longer at the club and have no job security?

Would you like to continue going into work knowing you don't have a place in that organisation in the next six months and you have no other offers? Would your heart still be in it?

Think about the minds of these players and the stress they are encounting. Their minds aren't on the job that is there for all to see.

Until we have the majority of our players on two to three year contracts with the potential of new contracts after that and knowing they have a future at the club and that the club means everything to them then we are staying right where we deserve to be.

Get off Barrett's back because remember this, no other coach wanted to come near us with what they saw in the player roster and salary cap.
These guys earn more money in a short career than a lot of people in a life time... packing a sad because you may need to move on at the end of the year is no excuse. Pretty sure Robbo didn't pack a sad when he knew his time was up.

League has turned into overpriced Instagram flogs wanting 'likes' and keeping their faces pretty... not playing League to win.

Stress... boohoo... soft c*cks. Harden up!

They should be paid for wins and paid much less for losses. Not a big fat cheque just for turning up.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Ag
Agree mate but the talk in the media is certainly to appease the fans and a way of saying stick with us we have a solid plan in place. If they don’t say anything then you get the other perspective that appears they are not active and people get upset anyway. Also the players are big boys if you want a contract then play for one instead of kicking stones is my opinion.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
TBAZ will do fine next year. He pretty much inherited this rubbish . He’s come to clean up, it’s not a short clean either . He’s looking at the big picture. Time will tell when he gets his men.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Members and fans called for Holbrook or even Anthony Griffin.... we're screaming, screaming for it.....wait for it...the club goes after Barrett.

Time and time again the club just keeps going against the popular vote.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
TBAZ will do fine next year. He pretty much inherited this rubbish . He’s come to clean up, it’s not a short clean either . He’s looking at the big picture. Time will tell when he gets his men.
While that may be true.....but i'll lay whatever you want me to lay on the table as a bet that even he never thought these would be the results.

Go look at the interview before the knights game, he was so confident we'd win. Reality check Mr Barrett, your team and your coaching techniques stink.

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Think about the minds of these players and the stress they are encounting. Their minds aren't on the job that is there for all to see.

Novdoggie, the reason why they won't have a job in 6 months is they have done nothing to prove they deserve a fresh contract. They shouldn't be moping and going through the motions, they should be playing their ar$es off and giving the club a reason to extend their stay.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Novdoggie, the reason why they won't have a job in 6 months is they have done nothing to prove they deserve a fresh contract. They shouldn't be moping and going through the motions, they should be playing their ar$es off and giving the club a reason to extend their stay.
OldDog, yes you are 100% correct. It is no one's fault but the players themselves but we are stuck with them for the remainder of the year hence why I put it on the players rather than the coach for why we are where we are. None of them have shown they can step up and all 15 off contract should go so that we get rid of the losing culture

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ag

Agree mate but the talk in the media is certainly to appease the fans and a way of saying stick with us we have a solid plan in place. If they don’t say anything then you get the other perspective that appears they are not active and people get upset anyway. Also the players are big boys if you want a contract then play for one instead of kicking stones is my opinion.
Yep definitely a fair point that