What’s wrong with T Baz?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I agree that performance is unnaceptable. Defence is poor and thatvis a combination of attitude, discipline, fitness and structure. No excuse for our defence being poor, even teams with no quality can defend well.
1. Who would you put different in the top 30? We were confident on Burton but it didn't happen.
2. Not a lot of depth. Any replacements he makes are unlikely to maje a difference to the outcome.
3. I think the players are finding it difficult to unlearn the negative structures from Des and Pay. It is unnatural and having Flanno not engaging the line and doing everything in slow motion with no strike for him to pass to is painful to watch. IMO, my preference is for him to coach to his structure and if players cant handle then get new players. This will not be pretty for a while
Agree with all you said. In regards to top 30 covid fucked us as I believe Barrett deemed some weren't ready... but Schoupp, Topine, Doorey should have been there to begin with. but the biggest oversight was thinking our middle third was alright.

Last edited:

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wont judge him untill seasons over i wanna see how ruthless he is this soft cock approach is bullshit its a privelige to wear our colors not a right fuck the has beens off

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wont judge him untill seasons over i wanna see how ruthless he is this soft cock approach is bullshit its a privelige to wear our colors not a right fuck the has beens off
No not has beens parasites and free loaders

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No, I don't want him gone, he's in his first year of a 3 year deal. We've given other muppet coaches more time, he does deserve a proper shot that's for sure. My gripe is he shouldn't of been selected as coach to start off with when the no brainer was to bring Holbrook back home to Belmore. What about Anthony Griffen, he got sacked at Penrith and they were in the top 4. But now that Baz is here of course he needs to be given a good shot with a better roster.

You see what really bothers me is the air heads inside the club who keep making the wrong decisions. And it's been like that for years and years.
I don't care who was the cause, whether is was Dib, Des, Castle, The Andersons, or this new board....the common denominator to all this is bad decisions, really bad decisions. We have been really shite for 5 years because of bad decisions in the front office.
I agree bro. I always liked Holbrook too.
In saying that, if Baz is able to attract a few more Burton/JAC quality signings, I reckon we improve out of sight though

Last edited:

MariaZ

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Well at least RFM and OK might have made a difference lol
But then there are also the what if’s? For example if JJ started, Thompson would have been starting prop where IMO he played much better in that position the week before.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
But then there are also the what if’s? For example if JJ started, Thompson would have been starting prop where IMO he played much better in that position the week before.
Yes he def should be front row.

I've lost faith that JJ would make any difference tho unfortunately.

But the team would have had better balance I guess...struggling to find many positives with the way we are playing atm :(

Reactions: ATT

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Agree with all you said. In regards to top 30 covid fucked us as I believe Barrett deemed some weren't ready... but Schoupp, Topine, Doorey, but the biggest oversight was thinking our middle third was alright.
Oversights everywhere bro. No dominant forward to lead with run metres, no Nrl standard hooker, two young halves not ready for consistent first grade.

MariaZ

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yes he def should be front row.

I've lost faith that JJ would make any difference tho unfortunately.

But the team would have had better balance I guess...struggling to find many positives with the way we are playing atm :(
Yes agree. I know what you mean. It is very sad to see how low we have stooped!

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMO I think it's very simple and can be sumed up in this one long standing rugby league philosophy -

"FORWARDS WIN GAMES AND THE BACKS DECIDE BY HOW MUCH"

How many forwards do we have that genuinely bend the line with every ferocious run????

How many forwards do we have that are excellent at getting to the ground on their fronts & give a quick play the ball - more important than ever with the new rules???

How many of our Forwards do you see in a game, time after time drive attacking forwards backwards and truly dominate their opposite in defence ???

IMO, the answer to all 3 questions are None, at least no one consistently.

In saying this you do need some forwards that have other aspects to their game to provide balance.

But it is called "Laying the platform" for a reason, & the reason is because that's what you build everything else off.

We need some Big.... And I mean REALLY BIG BOPPERS & we need them fast.

Go check out the sizes of Christian Welch, Asofa Solomona and Jesse Bromwich and then compare them to our guys.

Until we get some of this type of Forwards, then it's just gonna be Same Same for a long time".

Last edited:

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well maybe if they had a go they wouldn't be worried about not having a job next season!
I totally agree with you 100%. But I just think they dont have the ability to and what we are seeing is the best they have to offer. They only have themselves to blame which is why I am not pointing the finger at Baz

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How would you coach a team that knows most of them won't be there?

How do you get a team on your side when their future's are no longer at the club and have no job security?

Would you like to continue going into work knowing you don't have a place in that organisation in the next six months and you have no other offers? Would your heart still be in it?

Think about the minds of these players and the stress they are encounting. Their minds aren't on the job that is there for all to see and I am not defending them one bit as they have contributed to their demise but these are facts of being human where it does effect your mentality.

Until we have the majority of our players on two to three year contracts with the potential of new contracts after that and knowing they have a future at the club and that the club means everything to them then we are staying right where we deserve to be.

Get off Barrett's back because remember this, no other coach wanted to come near us with what they saw in the player roster and salary cap.
Well said doggie
Not all our players off contract are encountering any stress .
We have several who have made millions over the years and will be quite content seeing out there time in the UK or just retire.
I really can’t see any other NRL club being interested in this bunch.

Last edited:

shaun5150

Kennel Established
Reaction score
How would you coach a team that knows most of them won't be there?

How do you get a team on your side when their future's are no longer at the club and have no job security?

Would you like to continue going into work knowing you don't have a place in that organisation in the next six months and you have no other offers? Would your heart still be in it?

Think about the minds of these players and the stress they are encounting. Their minds aren't on the job that is there for all to see and I am not defending them one bit as they have contributed to their demise but these are facts of being human where it does effect your mentality.

Until we have the majority of our players on two to three year contracts with the potential of new contracts after that and knowing they have a future at the club and that the club means everything to them then we are staying right where we deserve to be.

Get off Barrett's back because remember this, no other coach wanted to come near us with what they saw in the player roster and salary cap.
You work your guts out to get another contract somewhere else. I got told a year out that my work place was shutting down. Gave me and my work team a year to sort out what to do. Surely these fools on 100,000 plus can work it out. These kids need to freaking tackle the privileged over paid bag of dicks

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You work your guts out to get another contract somewhere else. I got told a year out that my work place was shutting down. Gave me and my work team a year to sort out what to do. Surely these fools on 100,000 plus can work it out. These kids need to freaking tackle the privileged over paid bag of dicks
You can’t compare your regular job with these guys who have made millions by the end of their playing career.
Fair call our younger guys should be putting in,but the rest will live out a very comfortable life style

Bullpit

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Baz is not off the pace. This team is off the pace.
I hope you are right and that Barrett is a bloody awesome coach. But, what makes you so sure he is not off the pace? He has not demonstrated anything at all (zero, nada, zilch ...) this year to prove or even give us a glimpse of good coaching abilities.

I am trying to understand the basis of the confidence quite a few are showing in Barrett,‘a coaching abilities in the absence of any demonstrable examples of this so far. We all really want the team to succeed - just want to make sure we are not impeding this by backing the wrong horse.

Last edited:

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
As much as im not liking Barrett especially for bringing Hetherington and that useless prick Wadell, he also brought in the most useless half since Lachlan lewis over to the club.

So many times over and over in all 6 games Flanagan has no vision. Doesn't link well with outside backs. Pretty much runs sideways then turns ball back into a useless prop. His last tackle kicks are pure shit...

There is no cohesion in the team at all. We look more dangerous when Dwz and other players do simple hitups. Its only time they see the ball.

We should have beaten Broncos and we sure as shit should have won yesterday. If we don't fix this glaring issue, how the fcuk is Burton going to get good quality ball. Averillo is suffering big time outside Flanno.

If roosters replaced him for 2 teenagers then that sure as shit is telling you something about him

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yes we're lacking in grunt up forward but what i dont understand is why is our line speed in defense so sloooow.
Teams are just rolling down the field way too easily and puts us on the back foot every set.

Penriths line speed is fast Baz would know this.
You have a look at the Dragons line speed now it is so much faster which is what Griffen has changed.
Plus we always having some idiot running out of our defense line leaving a massive gap.
How about our 2ndphase play its non-existent!

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I personally think his hiring went something like this:

Board: Okay - we need to sack Pay and bring in Trent. Hilly, can you arrange?
Andrew Hill: Sure! Ill get right on it

Several days later

Andrew Hill: I've signed Trent Barrett to a 3 year deal
Board: You fucking idiot! We meant Trent ROBINSON

*Hill is sacked*

True story

Last edited: