Wetting the Line

• Thread starter Alexander the Great
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still pretty slow down lake Illawarra but will pick up in next few weeks. Flatties for lunch and dinner everyday soon!

Reactions: GDR
A

Alexander the Great

Garie beach.
Probably the best beach fishing spot in Sydney.
Heading down this weekend to Garie.. conditions looks pretty amazing.
Picked up fresh squid all week from the harbour so hopefully we pick up some decent jews.

Reactions: GDR

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Thanks mate I've been doing great since the last incident...but being a sufferer of lupus , there always seems to be another issue just around the corner.... it puts a different perspective on life.. that's why I gotta hit the water as much as possible..

Nothing like blessing a new rod combo aye... I caught a 70cm teraglin with my first cast with my new bait runner earlier this year
PS are you on Tacrolimus?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Nah plaquenil and warfarin atm ,,, but had long term use of prednisone, methotrexate and bunch of other stuff I can't even remember
Man fuck prednisone, I just stopped it last week and already feel better. Ever had methlaprednisone? A 1000 times worse.

PS I had to gain wafarin when I was on the transplant list. Pain in the arse lol

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Man fuck prednisone, I just stopped it last week and already feel better. Ever had methlaprednisone? A 1000 times worse.

PS I had to gain wafarin when I was on the transplant list. Pain in the arse lol
Yep that's what caused my haemorrhage, amongst a bit of self neglect..

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Heading down this weekend to Garie.. conditions looks pretty amazing.
Picked up fresh squid all week from the harbour so hopefully we pick up some decent jews.
Night time at garie, if your looking for Jews. Be prepared to catch plenty of shovel-noses too, fuckers are everywhere at night, there.
Fish off the north rocks, if you can. You'll catch more. The shovel-noses like to hang in the shallows.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Attachments

A

Alexander the Great

Night time at garie, if your looking for Jews. Be prepared to catch plenty of shovel-noses too, fuckers are everywhere at night, there.
Fish off the north rocks, if you can. You'll catch more. The shovel-noses like to hang in the shallows.
Two days fishing with Fresh squid/pillies/mullett and a solid burley trail and nothing..... found a pretty nice gutter as well and nothing holding :(
Always next time i suppose..

A

Alexander the Great

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/photograp...bait-fish-in-wallis-lake-20170925-gyo308.html

Check out this : a school of bait fish coming into area near Wallis lake. This school ( or another one of comparable size) was around Tuncurry. Certainly will be staying out of the area for a while........

Watch the video below. There is also a whale swimming close by.....

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-09-27/hundreds-of-sharks-spotted-feeding-on-baitfish/8994024

Thats just over the bridge i think not far from the oyster bay/farms.. pretty amazing shot.

God i miss fishing up that way :neutral:

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Thats just over the bridge i think not far from the oyster bay/farms.. pretty amazing shot.

God i miss fishing up that way :neutral:

Fishing is great. That is the break wall side of the bridge and not far from the lake entrance. Plenty of sharks followed the bait trail....

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Forget fishing go spearing
Stop changing your profile pic, because you're killing me with envy lol... where did you catch those fine beasts? North of the tweed I guess?

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just starting to get back into fishing for the year. Been pretty shit the last year considering I work weekends and don't really have a mate to go with on a Monday or teusday.

Went out yesterday at Mosman and landed a few snapper

Gonna go catch some squid at a wharf this week and give the Jewies a crack. Still yet to land one of those elusive beasts

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Two days fishing with Fresh squid/pillies/mullett and a solid burley trail and nothing..... found a pretty nice gutter as well and nothing holding :(
Always next time i suppose..
Bad luck.
Garie's usually a really reliable spot.

A

Alexander the Great

Just starting to get back into fishing for the year. Been pretty shit the last year considering I work weekends and don't really have a mate to go with on a Monday or teusday.

Went out yesterday at Mosman and landed a few snapper

Gonna go catch some squid at a wharf this week and give the Jewies a crack. Still yet to land one of those elusive beasts
Pier 2 has been on fire for squid bud.. have been pulling up some donkeys from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.