Wests Tigers threaten legal action over shocking bunker call against Cowboys

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good luck to them. I don’t like them but hope they prove the nrl wrong on this one. That decision was so bad

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I think it was the Raiders that basically lost due to a bullshit call against the roosters from memory. About 15 minutes of controversy then the NRL moved on. As fans we need the ability to orchestrate changes to management if they're allowing this kind of bullshit.
Royal Commission? :grinning:

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even though the tigers were dudded and I also believe that they won fair and square I cannot see the NRL reversing the decision, give both teams a point each and make sure this never happens again.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Surely that's not actually a thing?
It's a thing and double dutch speech to cover up either gross incompetency or a gross match fixing attempt.

With the loss of public confidence of NRLol, Vlad, Abdo, refs, gambling influence...the public can only speculate on how, and why, that incident happened.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I'm mostly sick of the bunker being the biggest news each round.

Northern Beaches dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
While this shows the incompetence of the NRL, at the end of day it is meh.
It is not costing the Tigers a spot in the semis.
If this was a semi or cost a team a top 8 or top 4 position. It would be different

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder when Graham Annesley and Refs are just going to take some accountability and admit fault.
Never, it's like the government or public services, etc taking responsobility for their stuff ups, it will only lead to legal action.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it was the Raiders that basically lost due to a bullshit call against the roosters from memory. About 15 minutes of controversy then the NRL moved on. As fans we need the ability to orchestrate changes to management if they're allowing this kind of bullshit.
The only difference was, that despite the late change of call in the grand final in 2019, it was the correct call. Once we start complaining about referees getting the decisions correct, we have a massive problem.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Won't happen. They'll just say "our game, our decisions".

But if it did, there would be legal action almost every other week against the NRL for bad calls.
Gee I wonder how many times we could have sued over poor corrupt decisions...Tigers welcome to our world...

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
While this shows the incompetence of the NRL, at the end of day it is meh.
It is not costing the Tigers a spot in the semis.
If this was a semi or cost a team a top 8 or top 4 position. It would be different
If anything it will help them win the spoon....

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lots of criticism and different opinions. However it was mostly played within the rules.
The sticking point was whether the player was interfered with while contesting for the ball.
In light of most decisions over the last few months, a penalty was warranted, as they have continually penalised this in the past.
Tigers cant win an appeal.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tigers reckon that was bad. We were dudded one of the best fulltime try winning moments when Soward took a dive and the video ref cost us the game and the minor premiership worth $100k.
Not only that but fuckwit Hollywood admitted that when he watched the replay at home that night that he got the decision wrong..... how the fuck do you sit in the bunker and review a decision 100 times and realise the right decision when you leave the bunker???
Note: I'm still pissed at that call. Haha

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brent Reed on NRL tonight said the Tigers are going to take legal action to have this result overturned and won’t stop until it is.

Fortunately Blocker was asked if they should and he’s a Balmain Tigers Legend and said what for. “You’re not going to win and the money they’d lose in legal fees would be far better used building our juniors”.

Hopefully the club heeds Blocker words as there is a snowballs chance in hell that the result will be overturned.

That will open up a can of worms and do far more damage not only to the club but the entire code.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The nrl certainly won't take action against the referees ineptitude. Annesley just defends and justitifies their poor decisions on a weekly basis

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paul Kent proving what a dead set moron he truly is.

The guy has his eyes painted on if he thought that was right.....Even the NRL came out today and said they got the decision wrong but Kent thinks he's right.

How the hell does he get air time? And people pay to watch this crap!