News Wests Tigers salary cap shock

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brooks went from the next 'Andrew Johns' to an overpaid discard... quite the fall

for the right sort of money, Brooks might be worth the gamble

still stunned the Dogs were being pressured to take Reynolds back considering the contract money he is on at the Tigers... ludicrous

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We're going into 21 with Lewis and Wakeham as the only halves signed. If the tigers pay half of Brooks salary then why not.

Foran has already knocked back $400k and who knows how many games he'll end up playing, he himself said he's only one major injury away from retirement. Brooks at $300k on a 2 year deal looks like a far better investment. I'd say the chances of Burton being released early are very slim so there's not too many options.
Are you 100% sure Foran has knocked back a 400k offer? I've only seen a report that Foran knocked back an offer <400k (fair imo).

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
West’s Tigers will be one of the SYD clubs to either fold Or forced to merge in the coming years. Have been a basket case of a club for a number of years..

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Are you 100% sure Foran has knocked back a 400k offer? I've only seen a report that Foran knocked back an offer <400k (fair imo).
Strengthens the argument. Say Foran was offered less than $400k and Brooks is about the same money. Id be taking a punt on Brooks personally.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Depend on how much they will throw is Brooks is a good 7, i like Packer but that's crazy money. For 450k I would take him.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
We're going into 21 with Lewis and Wakeham as the only halves signed. If the tigers pay half of Brooks salary then why not.

Foran has already knocked back $400k and who knows how many games he'll end up playing, he himself said he's only one major injury away from retirement. Brooks at $300k on a 2 year deal looks like a far better investment. I'd say the chances of Burton being released early are very slim so there's not too many options.
Apparently WT are prepard to pay half Mbye's $815.
They won't need to pay half of Brooks salary. But even at $500K that is fair value for Brooks (WT covering $100K maybe).

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Apparently WT are prepard to pay half Mbye's $815.
They won't need to pay half of Brooks salary. But even at $500K that is fair value for Brooks (WT covering $100K maybe).
If there's genuine interest in Brooks they should get in ASAP and not wait for the Mbye situation.

I've got no idea about their juniors and if anyone is able to step up, if not i'm guessing they couldn't release 2 out of Mbye, Reynolds and Brooks as that will leave them too thin.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

If there is any substance to this we cannot fuck around. It so rare a half with the talent ceiling Brooks has becomes available at his age and Barrett is the perfect coach for a developing half. Don't screw this up
I would gladly pay $600k for Brooks rather than $400K for dead man walking Foran.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The QRL already stated they will never vote in favour of PE investment. They and NSWRL have to agree to it for it to go any further. It’s dead in the water for now. I reckon it would be bad for the game anyway.
Something has to be done to break the hold Politis Rotters Ch9 have on the game. If the game continues the way it is currently going I really fear for our club's survival.
Things may be looking up for the near future, but with all the hate against our club, we can be sure that any on field success will be minimal.
I'm sure if their is some group prepared to put enough money in the game, something could be done to eradicate the cancer which now controls the game.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Brooks would be the only one worth looking at. Especially for around $500k, Foran and Brooks would go alright until Bindi Obo Doobi and Averillo are ready, coming in if/when an injury comes in.
The other 3 aren’t worth a quarter of what they are getting paid currently.

Ewan McGrady

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not brooks. I like the sound of Foran and Reynolds. Forget the others

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Several duds on massive dollars there..

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Brooks at $400K for 2yrs would be a good gamble. There aren't many real No. 7's going around and 2yrs isn't a long time.
The kid has lost his confidence and most would the way Madge goes off when things don't go his way. Look at the difference how Cleary is playing this year comparing to last year...huge! Even Nathan said that the difference is Baz. I reckon under Baz, Brooks would get his mojo back!!

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think first 2 signings need to be

Pangai, burton, b Smith/starling.

Then if there is money I’d talk to brooks for 400/500k.

If Foran doesn’t 400k go to brooks.

No one in there right mind touches packer Mbye or Reynolds. Tigers are ficked
Spot on

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Brooks at $400K for 2yrs would be a good gamble. There aren't many real No. 7's going around and 2yrs isn't a long time.
The kid has lost his confidence and most would the way Madge goes off when things don't go his way. Look at the difference how Cleary is playing this year comparing to last year...huge! Even Nathan said that the difference is Baz. I reckon under Baz, Brooks would get his mojo back!!
Yep and pretty obvious if anyone will get the best out of him its tb

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Let tigers suffer in their jocks... The focus should be on Harry grant.. if can Smith plays on , the tigers will be out of the market to sign Harry grant.. surely that's the right play?