News Wests Tigers poach Bulldogs defensive coach

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Soo your saying Furners defensive strategy improved because we scored more points?
No, just saying it's not completely his fault. Under Des ball our defense was up there because we played conservative and gave limited opportunities to the opposition because our game plan was focused on winning the possession stats% which according to Hasler's theory, more often than not resulted in a win.

MOVE.80

M-Power
Reaction score
People running the Tigs are a few sandwiches short of a picnic.

I'm not sure why they'd even announce this signing.

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, just saying it's not completely his fault. Under Des ball our defense was up there because we played conservative and gave limited opportunities to the opposition because our game plan was focused on winning the possession stats% which according to Hasler's theory, more often than not resulted in a win.
Hang on. My apologies. I was thinking Furner came across with TBaz?

Des Ball was a complely different game. We Bored the oppositions into losses.

If Furner has bern gere since the Des Days. Thank fuck he is pissing off now

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
People running the Tigs are a few sandwiches short of a picnic.

I'm not sure why they'd even announce this signing.
They like to officially announce the signings they miss out on as well, so it does make Tigpie sense ;)

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
HAHAHAHAHA

But the funniest part is the Tigers did legit sign this idiot

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Prized signature of renowned, those words killed any integrity the story had. Than i seen its written by a person with no integrity lol.

a dogs life

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Wests Tigers poach Bulldogs defensive coach

By:
Buzz Rothfield

The Wests Tigers may have won the wooden spoon but their rebuild under mastermind Tim Sheens has already begun in dramatic fashion, securing the prized signature of renowned Canterbury Bulldogs defence coach David Furner. Furner's resume speaks for itself - responsible for the Bulldog's defensive record in 2021 (30ppg) and 2022 (24ppg) under former coach Trent Barrett. In what represents a major blow to Phil Gould and incoming coach Cameron Ciraldo, the club is now scrambling to identify a suitable replacement. Rugby league commentators and pundits believe that Sheens has outplayed Gould in many respects and the old Canberra combination will look to begin the Tiger's premiership assault for the upcoming season. Canterbury will need a miracle to resolve their predicted defensive woes after Furner's departure.

View attachment 58841
“I’ve known David for a very long time, and I know that he is not only a quality person but has an extremely sharp football mind,” said Sheens. "Like Benji and Robbie, David knows what success looks like, and I’m confident he will be a major asset to this club.” Wests Tigers CEO Justin Pascoe is equally excited about Furner joining the club. “We welcome David and his family to Wests Tigers and look forward to his contribution to our organisation over the coming years,” said Pascoe.
Comedy