Wests Tigers marquee man Josh Reynolds set to return against Bulldogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
JOSH Reynolds is preparing for an emotional showdown against former NRL club Canterbury on Sunday after overcoming a shoulder injury.

The Wests Tiger marquee recruit is set to play his second game for the joint venture after an injury interrupted start to 2018.

Reynolds departed his junior club at the end of last year after the Bulldogs were unable to match the Tigers’ big money four-year deal.

His first season for the Tigers is off to a rocky start after managing less than 30 minutes of game time because of injury.

He missed the first five rounds with a hamstring problem before going down with a shoulder injury against Manly.

He had his first contact session with the side last week and trained strongly on Monday, ahead of Sunday’s clash with the club he grew up supporting as a kid and played 138 NRL games for across seven seasons.

“He hasn’t said too much about it but I think deep down it’s a game he definitely wanted to get back for,” teammate Luke Brooks said.

“It will be a bit weird for him, playing a lot of games at the Dogs.

“I think he’ll bring a lot of energy, he’s that sort of player. You see when he comes on he’s bouncing around and ready to go. I think that’s what we need in our side.”

Reynolds is known to wear his heart on his sleeve and the former NSW Origin half has at times run into trouble during his career after letting his feelings get the better of him.

While he’s mellowed over the past few years, his passion for the Dogs is plain to see.

Last year he was chaired off Belmore Sports Ground after being mobbed by the Bulldogs faithful.

Sunday’s clash is littered with riveting storylines — Benji Marshall facing off against his half brother Jeremy Marshall-King for the first time while former Tigers skipper Aaron Woods comes up against his old side.

However it’s arguable that Reynolds will have most eyes on him.

“It might be hard coming up against some of his old teammate,” Brooks said when asked how Reynolds will temper his emotions this week.

“If he comes on and plays with that energy and is around the ball, he’ll be good for us.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Excellent news.
And here I was thinking we were no chance against the tigers ?
All of a sudden...... a gift from the footy gods.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He will probably be MOTM lol

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not me. He’s the enemy now.
I’d cuss my mum if she was in an opponents jersey.

yeah but I am talking about bulldogs fan becoming piss weak and supporting opposition players.

fuck I can never forget the welcome JT got at belmore in the cowboys jersey.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Will probably shit all over our halves

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Reynolds will never take a team to a premiership, that's just the reality.. we are in a shitty position but we had to move him on

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
yeah anything over 500k for Reynolds is always going to be too much let alone 900k which he got from tigers.

but hey we spent almost 900ks to retain dudbye and god knows how much foran is on.
Lol @ dudbye

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Are we meant to boo him?? Just doesn't feel right.
I cheered Ennis on when he returned to Belmore , it wasn't his fault he got kicked out same as Reynolds
You cheered him because you are soft

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Are we meant to boo him?? Just doesn't feel right.
I cheered Ennis on when he returned to Belmore , it wasn't his fault he got kicked out same as Reynolds

Reynolds wasn't really kicked out, he got massive from Tigers and wasn't really under paid at the Dogs. Had he stayed on Des and co. would have back ended his salary too and that would have been a complete disaster if it is not already.

Ennis on the other hand was under paid at the dogs and deserved way more than he was on.

Status
Not open for further replies.