Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just seen western suburbs announced the Harrold Matts and SG Ball squads

Solomone Saukuru - Matt's
Compton Fuatimau - Ball
Josh Parke - Ball
Lomi Saukuru - Ball

Compton and Lomi are 2 big losses Imo I don't get the club letting both these guys go

Last edited:

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just seen west tigers announced the Harrold Matts and SG Ball squads

Compton Fuatimau - Ball
Josh Parke - Ball
Lomi Saukuru - Ball

Compton and Lomi are 2 big losses Imo I don't get the club letting both these guys go
Depends on who comes in to replace them I suppose. Better to lose them before we've invested four years in their development. If we can scalp some decent 17-18 year olds this year it helps us more than under 16's.

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thought we announced them into our squads?
Compton was and I think Lomi signed mid way through this year something must of went down for Compton for him to sign considering he was named in next year squad

stingray

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Just seen west tigers announced the Harrold Matts and SG Ball squads

Compton Fuatimau - Ball
Josh Parke - Ball
Lomi Saukuru - Ball

Are you sure on some of this info?

Had a look at the tigers development teams and doesnt correspond with what you said, unless there is a updated recent list.

I see HM player eddie markouplous on both the tigers and doggies sheet

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Lomi is in the fkn Western Suburbs Magpies SG Ball squad. lol

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Most trial at this age at two or three teams. Hopefully they stay with us. As it will make us stronger going forward. Especially with ball if they are good enough they could possibly be only two years away from 1sts

Kip Drordy

Kennel Established
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Trials are over. These are the squads. It is the Wests magpies matts and ball not Tigers that Compton and the ones above have gone to.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Trials are over. These are the squads. It is the Wests magpies matts and ball not Tigers that Compton and the ones above have gone to.
Dogs usually start with a massive number in their squads and continue cutting players up until about a week before the comps start. Over the yerars some have played in the doggies last trial games get cut and end up playing for other matts and sgball teams. Have they changed anything under the new regime - use to have internal trials Oct / Nov trial matches in December and January against other clubs.

Kip Drordy

Kennel Established
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeh, i didnt word that well. Trials for squad spots have finished, both squads now have 40 odd in them. They will weed them down to 25 with trials in december, january. My mate from one of the local clubs tells me Joe Saukuru, coach who was with Dogs, has gone to West tigers and taken a couple of players with him.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeh, i didnt word that well. Trials for squad spots have finished, both squads now have 40 odd in them. They will weed them down to 25 with trials in december, january. My mate from one of the local clubs tells me Joe Saukuru, coach who was with Dogs, has gone to West tigers and taken a couple of players with him.
Do you know who will be coaching the dogs hm and sgball?

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yer I fucked up i meet western suburbs I put tigers as I was looking on there website my bad I will fix it now hahaha

stingray

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Thanks jackson.
From what ive heard its abit easier to get into the tigers macarthur development system, there doesnt seem to be massive talent out that way and guys migrate that way just to get into there system.

Ive seen juniour league teams dominate in there macarthur district, as soon as they join the bulldogs district comp they get belted.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Tigers have got both Compton and Iverson Fuatimau now.

They’ve raided us this season after taking half of Parramatta last season.