Official Western suburbs sign a few of our SG Ball and Harrold Matts players

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tigers have got both Compton and Iverson Fuatimau now.

They’ve raided us this season after taking half of Parramatta last season.
That's fucked so much for the club locking our more talented juniors up there been with us for last 3 or 4 years development wise and we now just let them go hopefully don't lose anymore of them to the tigers

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Wait until all these young kids get flogged by macguire. They'll be on the first plane back to parra

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

Was this Iverson kid formally known as Iverson Te'o ? Havent followed but remembered the name

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Wait is there more than 1 Iverson at the club?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Wait is there more than 1 Iverson at the club?
I just remember seeing a kid called Iverson Te'o named to play 6 in Matt's a couple times 2019. Wasn't sure if this kid was the same guy but just changed last name like Renouf lol

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Played for St Greg’s in the schoolboy competition. Can probably still stream those games on the nrl site. He’s signed for 3 years and is moving into the Dogs house.

stingray

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Didnt know guys at SG BALL level needed player managers

Do they really need one or is it just a personal choice to hire a management company to help negotiate/ for exposure etc?

Kip Drordy

Kennel Established
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

Do they really need one or is it just a personal choice to hire a management company to help negotiate/ for exposure etc?
Mate, managers/player agents run the game. Kids need one by 16/17 otherwise they cant get trials for matts and ball outside their own districts. Not saying its right, but thats how it is.

Lomdiddydawg

Waterboy
Reaction score

Bit of both, at this level they need someone to 'shop them around' to clubs, negotiate contracts that could involve money, accomodation, education etc. most trials are by invitation only through an agent.

stingray

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yeah thanks boys, i remember i went to watch a semi game this year in one of the canterbury districts and a player manager was giving out his cards to the kids after the game, so i assume there trying to recruit kids even earlier than 16 ha ha

Life_of_League

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Played for St Greg’s in the schoolboy competition. Can probably still stream those games on the nrl site. He’s signed for 3 years and is moving into the Dogs house.
Hope things have changed in the Dog house and they’ve done a good clean out of that place. From what I’ve heard, I wouldn’t want my children exposed to things going down in that house.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yeah thanks boys, i remember i went to watch a semi game this year in one of the canterbury districts and a player manager was giving out his cards to the kids after the game, so i assume there trying to recruit kids even earlier than 16 ha ha
This Week In League podcast released an interview with a player manager this week. Managers aren't allowed to speak to kids directly until they are 15. They get them prior to that through coaches etc. It's pretty interesting.