Western force set to be axed

Status
Not open for further replies.

shannon2009

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think another super rugby franchise will pick him up. He's too good to be lost to both games

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He only went there because his wife's family live there. He was killing it in union so I'd say he will go to Japanese or French union.

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
ARU are most likely going to take control of the player contracts at the force...they don't want the players all going to the tahs and reds just so they can live in Sydney or Brisbane

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How has he been going in Union?

Last year his heart wasn't in it. He seemed like he had his attention elsewhere (which was true with the switch to the force). Must be hard for him with some family in North Queensland and his wife from WA and then they are living in Sydney.

Definitely agree that most likely he will chase the coin in Japan or France (makes sense). In the NRL he will be lucky to get 400k a year. Japan or France he will be looking at 800 minimum.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It will also provide the NRL with an oppotunity to finally put a team back in Perth.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Fuck I hope we get him
Back

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
He's not worried about the money.. he's doing this because his wife made a lot of sacrifices for him to make good money earlier in his career.

He'll stay around WA and play park footy/union need be.

I can't see him moving his wife and child away from their families again.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
I think the NRL should buy the franchise and potentially pick up alot of laissez faire rugby fans.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
He's not worried about the money.. he's doing this because his wife made a lot of sacrifices for him to make good money earlier in his career.

Seasons are short with lots of travel opportunities so I think he would just move himself in winter.

Then in summer it will be the west coast.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Park footy = no income.

Can't see that happening.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Id say he didnt change sports just for them, and will stay in union at least a little longer. You dont change sports for 1 year only. And we dont need wingers. Between Mozzes x 2, Montoya, Lee, Holland, we are ok on each side. Dont need Rona. If we are to get anyone, we need a halfback or hooker. That said Lichaa has improved some this year. So id be happy with just a halfback, and the jury is out on coach right now. Rona wont help shit. He was here last year after all.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
ARU are most likely going to take control of the player contracts at the force...they don't want the players all going to the tahs and reds just so they can live in Sydney or Brisbane
you think that would play a factor ? no problems with drop kicks leaving our game breaking contracts to play rugby ala SBW... Union deserve all they get if players switch codes.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I posted the article in the rumour section incase anyone wants to read it, pretty vague though tbh. this seems like it will play out alot longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.