We're fat, we're slow, we're unco

Status
Not open for further replies.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I think it's going to take more than a year for them to get back to shape, have a look at Hayne with all the skill in the world he still couldn't perform in league but a year into it and a few kilos lighter he looks the goods again ..scoring a hat trick on the weekend.
Very true. I posted a topic on here from 2011 two days ago however it has disappeared but it was about Des moving on Tony Ayoub. Fans comments were mixed in support of Hasler back then coming in hiring and firing, but generally almost every poster said how unfit, fat and lazy we had been for quite a few years and that Des' tough attitude was needed.

I found that extremely ironic cos the fitness and endurance levels seemed to drop further under Hasler in comparison to the performances of our opposition.

I have asked Mr I why the topic and link was deleted and he is getting back to me.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Very true. I posted a topic on here from 2011 two days ago however it has disappeared but it was about Des moving on Tony Ayoub. Fans comments were mixed in support of Hasler back then coming in hiring and firing, but generally almost every poster said how unfit, fat and lazy we had been for quite a few years and that Des' tough attitude was needed.

I found that extremely ironic cos the fitness and endurance levels seemed to drop further under Hasler in comparison to the performances of our opposition.

I have asked Mr I why the topic and link was deleted and he is getting back to me.
Here is the link to the 2011 original topic saying Des Sacks Tony Ayoub. The original comment was posted by Bulldog NJ and there are various comments from Kennel regulars. The common theme is a lot felt the team were unfit, fat and lazy back then as well (and we all had stars in our eyes with the knowledge that the great Des Hasler was gonna make us great again).

Just a bit a amusing nostalgia now though ... the rebuild continues afresh.

https://www.thekennel.net.au/forum/index.php?threads/tony-ayoub-sacked.81412/

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Here is the link to the 2011 original topic saying Des Sacks Tony Ayoub. The original comment was posted by Bulldog NJ and there are various comments from Kennel regulars. The common theme is a lot felt the team were unfit, fat and lazy back then as well (and we all had stars in our eyes with the knowledge that the great Des Hasler was gonna make us great again).

Just a bit a amusing nostalgia now though ... the rebuild continues afresh.

https://www.thekennel.net.au/forum/index.php?threads/tony-ayoub-sacked.81412/
That is surprising because the only one, at that time ,I considered fat was idris.

Kasiano was big, strong and agile but not fat.. He got fat in 2013 onwards.

I wonder who everyone was referring to?

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I deleted the thread because there was an official announcement about Ayoub joining the dogs.

If you wanted to show people comments in that thread you could have posted in that to bump it rather than posting a new thread with a link to an old thread.

Feel free to PM me if you want any more info.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I deleted the thread because there was an official announcement about Ayoub joining the dogs.

If you wanted to show people comments in that thread you could have posted in that to bump it rather than posting a new thread with a link to an old thread.

Feel free to PM me if you want any more info.
No worries. I thought there was a different relevance to the Tony Ayoub rehiring with my post. I was highlighting that even back then in 2011 fans thought the team was unfit :grinning: Thanks CBB.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The post is about "fatness" and Tony Ayoub. He is a physiotherapist. Surely "fatness" doesnt call for a physiotherapist.
A trainer is needed. However, I dont think any of the players are fat.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The post is about "fatness" and Tony Ayoub. He is a physiotherapist. Surely "fatness" doesnt call for a physiotherapist.
A trainer is needed. However, I dont think any of the players are fat.
Maybe he gives a great lymphatic physio massage to help with this "fatness" post :grinning:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
All the attack comimg from Holland and Smith so far. Hope Morris' make some breaks 2nd half
...btw they don't look slimmer ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.