We're fat, we're slow, we're unco

Status
Not open for further replies.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Absolutely!! Its just so telling of their efforts during the week.
If you don't put in the effort don't expect a great outcome.
They need to eat less and run more
Only a complete change around (and upgrade it appears) to best in their field is required in regards to conditioning and skills. All the support staff need to be refreshed and it's probably a good idea to get rid of as many players from the Hasler era, as appropriate, as was suggested. If that doesn't happen, then Pay is on tenderhooks in his second year...no excuses left for anyone after this horrible year is over.

I'm also concerned also about the dumb positional choices (Priest, JMK, Frawley), and bench decisions as well from Pay, and critically, the apparent coaching inability to change the course of games. But prepared to give the guy a break under the shocking circumstances on all fronts. So that's 2018 done. Written off. That leniency now stops going forward. Accountable for all football coaching related matters, and results, in 2019.

I feel confident enough to say categorically that you would not see fat rolls like we saw in the Dogs sheds on any top 8 contender in the NRL at this present time in the season...it will be interesting to see the twins physique next year...that will tell it...and Eastwood even more if he gets a contract somewhere. It sends a bad message and says a lot about the club and it's players and support employees.

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That broncos win was nullified by the cowboys beating them too..
i said in round 1 the only wins we will get this season is the odd win where we find ourselves in front and just hang in like the broncos game

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Watch for example the Roosters or Melbourne motor threw there sets for the best part of the game. They look fit and energized both physically and mentally. Get up, play the ball as quickly as possible, power on down the field. Elliot hardly ever plays the ball quickly. There is no urgency he looks like Graham. Fitness is only one aspect that needs addressing but that alone is culturally massive. Whilst the other clubs have upped there game physically over recent years we havent. We cant compete in the modern game with fatties in the team. Our attack, well that's another whole can of worms.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Watch for example the Roosters or Melbourne motor threw there sets for the best part of the game. They look fit and energized both physically and mentally. Get up, play the ball as quickly as possible, power on down the field. Elliot hardly ever plays the ball quickly. There is no urgency he looks like Graham. Fitness is only one aspect that needs addressing but that alone is culturally massive. Whilst the other clubs have upped there game physically over recent years we havent. We cant compete in the modern game with fatties in the team. Our attack, well that's another whole can of worms.
Refs giving penalties and allowing the wrestle, ptb etc all affects momentum and the "energy" teams play with. We are always on the wrong side of that...that's a given.

And the roster is always blamed but there are good players in our team who should be offering more. We are manhandled in tackles. We are continuously turned on backs. In fact most of our players volunteer to roll over. It's comical at times.

Some of the flat forward tip ons and 3rd, 4th, 5th tackle forward bash and barge is non-sensical. Why does Pay coach it? Another game where Klem kicked on 5th tackle!

Other teams panic and don't execute during some passages of play but the Dogs take it to another (lower) level.

Good effort seems to be the go to words at the club. Is that good enough? Yes there have been problems but the lack of fitness and football nous is fundamental to a football team and a fg coach.

I hope the coach and football admin get it together pretty bloody soon.

I hope we get some signings that are gonna make a difference and change our style and ability to look like an entertaining, competent footy team.

I hope the rest of the season till November and our new pre-season starts, comes around real, real quick.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol I don't normally fatshame others only myself but someone's gotta tell him his a first grade professional footballer on 800k a year not a sumo wrestler FFS. He owes it to his fans..
I know for a fact he is 'the kid' who sits on his PlayStation everyday playing fortnight. It's so bad
Mate he's got 3 games left.
No need to worry about it now.
But I wonder how much the club uses a nutritionist?
I knew one Storm used and she was so strict with them.
I told her I saw the storm U20 players stuffing their faces at Sydney airport with hungry jacks so in the end it's up to the player I guess.
But at that age you can eat anything.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Remember the saying "win some, lose some". Yes last night was disappointing, but we can't expect a win every week.

We were missing our playmaker.... and Manly lifted for the game.

Our game last night was like a completely blind person driving around Sydney CBD in peak hour trying to find a parking spot.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Remember the saying "win some, lose some". Yes last night was disappointing, but we can't expect a win every week.

Our game last night was like a completely blind person driving around Sydney CBD in peak hour trying to find a parking spot.
Agree Mr I. Sometimes it's a case of 1 step back to go 2 forward. There are more positives going forward now than what there was at the beginning of the season.

too69u

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Tony ayoub will be back at the club next season.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
re being Fat - during the Cleal years the Junior sides were pretty much made up of the same body shape players - more round than tall! They seemed obsessed with a particular body shape of player - very few relatively tall players.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Plus we had a Sutton brother as ref. I didn't watch it but no doubt he would have had a some sort of influence on the result as typical of a Sutton family reffed game.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I like the way you think been saying that for a while
People are being popped in every sport except rugby league and we have some of the largest and fittest athletes on the planet, dodgy asf to me

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Only a complete change around (and upgrade it appears) to best in their field is required in regards to conditioning and skills. All the support staff need to be refreshed and it's probably a good idea to get rid of as many players from the Hasler era, as appropriate, as was suggested. If that doesn't happen, then Pay is on tenderhooks in his second year...no excuses left for anyone after this horrible year is over.

I'm also concerned also about the dumb positional choices (Priest, JMK, Frawley), and bench decisions as well from Pay, and critically, the apparent coaching inability to change the course of games. But prepared to give the guy a break under the shocking circumstances on all fronts. So that's 2018 done. Written off. That leniency now stops going forward. Accountable for all football coaching related matters, and results, in 2019.

I feel confident enough to say categorically that you would not see fat rolls like we saw in the Dogs sheds on any top 8 contender in the NRL at this present time in the season...it will be interesting to see the twins physique next year...that will tell it...and Eastwood even more if he gets a contract somewhere. It sends a bad message and says a lot about the club and it's players and support employees.
I think it's going to take more than a year for them to get back to shape, have a look at Hayne with all the skill in the world he still couldn't perform in league but a year into it and a few kilos lighter he looks the goods again ..scoring a hat trick on the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.