News Welcome back SBW

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Bulldogs have come a long way and are a united bunch. That is evident by who spoke to the team at one of their final pre-season training sessions.

Sonny bill Williams was
Invited by coach Cameron Ciraldo and general manager of football Phil Gould to speak to the team.

It's quite the turnaround for SBW, who went from being a favourite son to despised at Belmore after walking out on the club and a lengthy contract in 2008.

Ciraldo initially wanted Williams to present the first-grade team with their jumpers before their first game of the NRL season, but Williams had prior commitments.

The Bulldogs are reconnecting with their past and have Willie
Mason working with the squad, while Mark O'Meley also has a role with the club. The inclusion of Josh Jackson on their fitness staff is also a smart play, given the lack of experience in the playing ranks.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The Bulldogs have come a long way and are a united bunch. That is evident by who spoke to the team at one of their final pre-season training sessions.

Sonny bill Williams was
Invited by coach Cameron Ciraldo and general manager of football Phil Gould to speak to the team.

It's quite the turnaround for SBW, who went from being a favourite son to despised at Belmore after walking out on the club and a lengthy contract in 2008.

Ciraldo initially wanted Williams to present the first-grade team with their jumpers before their first game of the NRL season, but Williams had prior commitments.

The Bulldogs are reconnecting with their past and have Willie
Mason working with the squad, while Mark O'Meley also has a role with the club. The inclusion of Josh Jackson on their fitness staff is also a smart play, given the lack of experience in the playing ranks.
Why not.. CC seems to be doing a great job reconnecting with players from a successful era, arguably our best on paper - they are winners and know what it takes to make it on the elite stage. Someone like SBW would undoubtedly be a role model to plenty in our squad.

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The hatred for SBW is almost totally confined to The Kennel. The coaches and players look up to him.
The players may look up to him because they are paid, we are fans that had to support a club thru those times.
My son was a huge fan and SBW just ran , fuck him.
He made a lot of young fans turn away from the Dogs at the time

He has no shame.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Leaving like a rat in the middle of the night without even telling your team mates all over money is SBW's legacy. He should never have been invited back or forgiven. The bloke does nothing without being paid and I bet the "invite" wasn't without cash changing hands. The bloke is a Roosters dog.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The hatred for SBW is almost totally confined to The Kennel. The coaches and players look up to him.
We are Doggies for life, how many of the current players and coaching staff are?
Family club. You dont desert your family when they're down and out.
But lets forgive and forget because he went on to be an elite athlete.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I personally am not a fan of SBW, but what he did was a long time ago now and he was very young. I’m sure as he’s gotten older he’s become much more wiser and probably regrets his actions. I have done some of the most dumbest things when I was in my teens and early twenties. It’s time to get over the whole SBW thing back in 2008! Build a bridge and get over it.