Weddings

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Fuck up. Dr Phil.
"mmmkaaay .. I can sense a bit of tension there young man ... life can be tough... but marriage a beautiful thing ... how bout you come sit on UnclePhils sofa and talk about your feelings n things mmmkay?"

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Finally cracked under the pressure ?
It's been that long it's become a bit of a joke. I'm not proud just a massive procrastinator. We both are. At least we can say we're still standing after 18 years. Sad how many divorces we have seen in our time.

Last edited:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
It's been that long it's become a bit of a joke. I'm not proud just a massive procrastinator. We both are. At least we can say we're still standing after 18 years. Sad how many divorces we have seen in our time.
When we were copping it after 10 years, (and we'd outlasted my brother and sister both having partners, breaking up, finding new partners, getting engaged and marrying their partners), I just used to tell people "nothing wrong with sampling things before buying them" :D

Canis Maximus

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Normally I'd agree but she doesn't even want a wedding. She's pushing for us to elope and get married at a registry office. Honestly our wedding is for other people.
Don't believe her - in a nice way that is.
Some women will say this because of fear, others because of budget issues, some because of the stress of organisation. But the big day is all about her. Every girl dreams about the big day. The walking down the isle, the dress, the dress, the dress - did i mention the dress?

And yes - it will be for other people. For the others - its all about the reception. The celebration, the food, entertainment, the dancing and the party atmosphere.

Weddings are a statement. Whether it's the vintage cars or the Lamborghini, the traditional church or the back drop of Sydney harbor at Mrs Maquarie's Chair, the bridal party's entrance in a low key introduction at the small country reception or the entrance to the beat of the Lebanese drummers in full costume. Nearly everything on the day makes a statement.

Maybe she has a very valid point.... Elope - its so much easier and stress free

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
If you’re doing a speech make sure you stay sober, nobody likes watching someone mumble through clenched teeth.

ALX25

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Never been married but make sure the cake is good.