Weazler says Des on 1.4m at Dogs

Berries

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
A coach with his record deserved the cash. You are all seeing it in hindsight.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
How can Hasler be able to coach a team if the Bulldogs made a payment for the two year contract he was under. Surely the legal team would have put a clause in the payment contract that Hasler couldn't coach for two years if he did the money he gets on the new contract would be taken off the payment that the Bulldogs would be paying him. If they didn't they need to get a new legal team.
Why would you think an exclusion cause would be appropriate?
Such clauses are usually reserved for sale of business contracts where the new owner wants some clean air to run their business without the previous owner starting up a new business in competition diluting the value of the business that has just been purchased.

In this case Des sued for breach of contract / unfair dismissal and won (i.e. got paid a settlement) how do you think when the club sacked him and withheld payment and Des sort legal redress that the club could then seek to impose an industry/job exclusion clause?

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he goes back to Manly and they perform your going to have to ask why?
Don’t think so. Jack Gibson was the master coach but even he had lean years at Souths and Cronulla. Des was a poor fit for our club full stop and if he does well somewhere else, that’s no reflection on us. I can’t see him doing any good though.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Don’t think so. Jack Gibson was the master coach but even he had lean years at Souths and Cronulla. Des was a poor fit for our club full stop and if he does well somewhere else, that’s no reflection on us. I can’t see him doing any good though.
Without doubt Hasler never fit our team. He was a buy your talent style of coach which is the Manly way. Youngsters only got a look in if we had an injury crisis during his tenure. Not only here but at the Sheagles too. He seems to like knowing a player can at least be reliable before giving them a chance. But in saying that, the rot started with Greenburgs time. He let a lot of good coaching and talent scouts move on well before Hasler got here. I don't care about all this now. I see it as a learning experience for the club. If they had the time over again with knowledge that it would lead us to a period like we saw recently I'm sure neither they nor Castle would have had a run here.