Votes: 9 23.7%

• Total voters

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I called this about 10 years ago.

Our club is modelling its rebuild on parra, newcastle and raiders. Those clubs have been in constant rebuilds for decades. What the f?
Fancy admitting you admire those 3 teams...last thing Bullfrog would say let alone even think it.

That explains how Dean Pay has the gall to select that abomination of a team. They are all off their heads together.

Now I'm worried, very worried.

deimus

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Bit of an overreaction. No board is going to come out and say the coach's future is on the line and we're considering sacking him.

All I can say is I'm a voting member and with what they've shown me so far, I'm voting them out.

I just dont understand some of our recruitment and renewing of contracts.
I'm also a voting member and for me the big test is what they do with pay. I know it sounds harsh but I would have preferred him to be long gone. If they are even entertaining the idea of continuing on with him they have lost my support permanently.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm also a voting member and for me the big test is what they do with pay. I know it sounds harsh but I would have preferred him to be long gone. If they are even entertaining the idea of continuing on with him they have lost my support permanently.
Without doubt. But I just cant understand the decisions around

Sue
Britt
Stimpson
Holland renewed contract at the time
Jmk
The major fuck up with Api
Meaney - at the time Chris Anderson was boasting about his involvement in this signing
Cogger
Crichton -at the time we should've swooped in for to'o. I remember seeing promise in him at the time

The recruitment and retention has been shit and I fear our "war chest" is going to be wasted

Superuber

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
That's the funny thing. If anything the clubs you'd want to copy the model of are the Roosters, Melbourne and Souths.

But hey, why try and emulate the way premiership winning clubs are run?
Roosters and Melbourne modeled their clubs on the Bulldogs, now we want to be Parra and Newcastle. Fuck me how did we get here, oh yes members seduced by bullshit slogans

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can we please clone V'landys and get him a gig here. That's what you want in a leader, someone who is decisive. There is nothing more pathetic than having a CEO/Chairwoman who is friggin scared to make a decision. Pay should have been canned last year but here we are a year later and he's still here. If we lose to the Broncos, that HAS to be the final straw for Pay.
The only good thing in the article was the bit about pursuing Matt Burton

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those teams should admire us and try model there clubs of us
She is a spastic and the rest of them
I honestly dont think we are the rich mighty powerful club that alot of us think too. Corona has made alot of clubs show there cards by laying off our football department straight away proves we aint as powerful and rich as thought. I dont blame a classy coach being mindful about coaching here.
when dib and co was in power we had oir most lucrative sponsorhip although it being kia. And the sponsor ran for the hill as soon as there sponsor term finished .

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That does not fill me with any confidence at all. Rash decision? Fuck me we’ve wine one game all season. We’re dead last. Our standard of play has gone backwards.

The thing that really irks me is they keep saying “We’ve got money to spend on 3-4 quality players”. Well guess what dickheads. Quality players want to know who the coach will be there going to play under. The decision needs to be fucking made so we can start our recruitment drive and give us fans something to look forward to!

deimus

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Without doubt. But I just cant understand the decisions around

Sue
Britt
Stimpson
Holland renewed contract at the time
Jmk
The major fuck up with Api
Meaney - at the time Chris Anderson was boasting about his involvement in this signing
Cogger
Crichton -at the time we should've swooped in for to'o. I remember seeing promise in him at the time

The recruitment and retention has been shit and I fear our "war chest" is going to be wasted
Totally agree. I'm often scratching my head at some of the decisions they make. I'm happy enough about the thompson signing but in the back of my mind I'm wondering what they paid for him.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can we please clone V'landys and get him a gig here. That's what you want in a leader, someone who is decisive. There is nothing more pathetic than having a CEO/Chairwoman who is friggin scared to make a decision. Pay should have been canned last year but here we are a year later and he's still here. If we lose to the Broncos, that HAS to be the final straw for Pay.
The only good thing in the article was the bit about pursuing Matt Burton
the man of feathers

Superuber

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
How about the admittance that they over reacted with CHN and JO.

They are the kinds of rational decisions required, where we take the heat out of the moment and say ‘should we be further ahead of where we are now?’ Yes, because we shouldn’t have shot ourselves in the foot with Port Macquarie [an incident that led to the sacking of Jayden Okunbor and Corey Harawira-Naera].

"They are the things we need to be stepping back [to consider] a rational decision rather than an emotional one."

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That does not fill me with any confidence at all. Rash decision? Fuck me we’ve wine one game all season. We’re dead last. Our standard of play has gone backwards.

The thing that really irks me is they keep saying “We’ve got money to spend on 3-4 quality players”. Well guess what dickheads. Quality players want to know who the coach will be there going to play under. The decision needs to be fucking made so we can start our recruitment drive and give us fans something to look forward to!
To be fair, remember, were "overachieving" according to some. We only lost by 28 points to the Tigers - yes the Tigers are shit, but still, we're overachieving as we should have lost by 40. That's improvement right there.
Calm down people - be patient and give Pay a fair go;)

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Looks like DIB was following the same play book as lyn , she admires parra . Guess that is why dogs signed Foran
Step 1 sign Foran so you can attract other players
Step 2 he gets injured first year and you fuck him off

oops ... they failed on step 2 and didn’t fuck him off
We will keep him for another year on top of the first contract if you believe the rumours :p lol

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Theyre not going to tell the media or us anything.
They havent to date so......

On field results are all that matters.

2021 to be playing finals footy, no excuses.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
I thought about two years ago this 'rebuild takes time' nonsense was publically accepted as a myth, when it was all over the media and exposed as coaches and GMs just buying themselves time.

Granted, salary cap penalties play a factor, but in the absence of that all you need to do is buy your way back into contention, the way we did in 2009.

There are so many examples of clubs going from lower in the ladder towards the top. look at eels.

no rebuild needs longer than 2 seasons.

Also, remember when tigers had the worst defence in the league, and then cleary came and they were amongst the best defensive? Fair enough the team itseld werent alot better, but it goes to show you can instantly change an issue with a chequebook.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
If we picked up Grant, Cotric,Bateman,Packer and maybe milford, we would be a whole new team.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Fuck she's a dope... Coming out and saying you admire other clubs. We are the fucking bulldogs ! We are suppose to be strong and feared. Fuck pumping the tyres of others teams. Grow some stones and make the hard decisions, not buying for a second that Deans future hasn't been discussed

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Too many excuses = no excuse.
This whole ‘rebuild’ is beyond a joke now.

I hate to sound rude but they are just way too old and clueless. They’re really out of touch. Sad but true.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lynne said...I ask
Lynne said...we will make a measured rather than a reactionary decision
I ask...why were you pushing for you son Ben to replace Pay early 2019, ?
A week later Pay gets a year extension, was it out of guilt or as reward for him accepting the dismantling of the teams ?
Lynne said...we won't be rushing to a decision
I ask...isn't three years of failure long enough for you ?
Lynne said...having done a lot of analysis she admires Parramatta, Canberra and Newcastle for their transformation
I ask...have you done any analysis on our wining percentages, Loss of sponsors & TPAs, and the declined memberships and merchandise sales ?
You can blame the two players for loss of a potential sponsor but isn't it the club's responsibility to make sure the players are in order ?
Wasn't there senior club officials and the coach at the mad Monday incident ?
Most intriguing
Lynne said...we had a board meeting to support Pay and see what he and the team needs
I ask...You all have been there for two and a half years yet still do not know what Pay and the team needs ???
If true...That is very concerning !!!

Last edited: