• No

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Would wait to see who was on the rival ticket

Votes: 9 23.7%

• Total voters

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
She invoked Gus’s “5 yr plan” mantra, and said we’re 2 1/2 yrs in.

Up until now is been she needs 2yrs of pain before we see an uplift. She’s now shifting the goalposts to save her job.

She admires Newcastle’s rebuild...they were spooners for 3 fucking years!

Is she seriously saying she is planning for us to be perennial losers for at least 2 more years?

If so, I can guarantee she’ll be out on her ear before that’s finished.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We can all blame the morons that voted Lyn in. Lyn time to go you are out of your depth. Well done to the voting football club members. You fucking idoits.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Male, female, as long as they do the job they are fkn supposed to be doing, I don't care.
Agree I don’t care if Caitlin Jenner is the boss just fkn do the work and get the results

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The question to Anderson is why isn’t the coaching position high on any meeting agenda? When will the club announce a major sponsor & advice the fans of player signings for 2021?
Fun these reporter's don't have the brains to ask the right questions....ask her why a decision on Dean pays future is not a priority as this affect recruitment....she is a joke....Lyn has and Chris Anderson need to be punted out of the club....yes lynny let's be nice to Dean pay and put support around him.....the support he needs is quality players Lyn you muppet

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
I was a pay fan but more anti des and anti dib. But fmd I wouldn't be this depressed with these 2 still running the club. Pay and the board need to go. Member can throw the board out?

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about the admittance that they over reacted with CHN and JO.

They are the kinds of rational decisions required, where we take the heat out of the moment and say ‘should we be further ahead of where we are now?’ Yes, because we shouldn’t have shot ourselves in the foot with Port Macquarie [an incident that led to the sacking of Jayden Okunbor and Corey Harawira-Naera].

"They are the things we need to be stepping back [to consider] a rational decision rather than an emotional one."
I think she is quoting that to defend Pay, by giving him an excuse that he lost two players unexpectedly and that needs to be taken into consideration when judging his performance. They the board should have had more balls with CHN or at least replaced both players quicker than what they did but this lot seem to prefer the comfort that excuses provide

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ask...why were you pushing for you son Ben to replace Pay early 2019, ?
The only upside to this would of been that as their son, privately Chris and Lynn could administer Ben a parental beating after every loss.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Agree I don’t care if Caitlin Jenner is the boss just fkn do the work and get the results
Sign her up! At least she'd definitely have the balls to make a tough decision, unlike Lynne.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think it's hilarious that they prioritise Pay's feelings over results and truly don't give a fuck about the fans. I've never seen a club so content with making up the numbers. Even the Titans show more urgency and ambition!

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Canterbury chair Lynne Anderson has denied Dean Pay’s fate will be decided at a joint-management meeting of football and leagues club powerbrokers on Thursday, declaring: "We will make a measured rather than reactionary decision."

Pay is the only NRL coach off contract at the end of the season and his future is the source of renewed speculation after the club slumped to last place following a 34-6 loss to Wests Tigers.

The Bulldogs will need to make a call on whether to renew Pay’s contract in the coming weeks given recruitment targets want clarity over the team’s direction before committing. Thursday's meeting has been called amid suggestions of a boardroom split over whether to offer Pay a one-year extension.

But in her first comments on the coaching situation, Anderson said Pay’s future was not on Thursday’s agenda and that he will be given every opportunity to push his case to remain at Belmore.

"We won’t be rushing to a decision," Anderson told the Herald. "We will be giving Dean every opportunity and all of our board and staff are committed to supporting Dean and the team.

"Having done a lot of analysis and looked at stats coming from a research [background], I now look at three teams I admire. I look at where they are at and where they have come from because they have had to do rebuilds or they have had dramas with salary cap, etc.

"I admire Parramatta, Newcastle and Canberra. You look at trigger points for their turnarounds, and they are in their fourth or fifth years - we are two-and-a-half in.

They are the kinds of rational decisions required, where we take the heat out of the moment and say ‘should we be further ahead of where we are now?’ Yes, because we shouldn’t have shot ourselves in the foot with Port Macquarie [an incident that led to the sacking of Jayden Okunbor and Corey Harawira-Naera].

"They are the things we need to be stepping back [to consider] a rational decision rather than an emotional one."

RELATED ARTICLE

Asked if there was a deadline on Pay’s future, Anderson said: "Not at all".

"We will make a measured rather than reactionary decision. We are under no illusions we all need to do better."

Pay’s success rate since taking over from Des Hasler in 2018 is just 35 per cent, although club powerbrokers have cut him some slack given the roster and salary cap issues he inherited.

Making the Bulldogs situation all the more intriguing is the prevalence of influential figures on the periphery who have the ear of the decision makers. There is a push for Wayne Bennett to be pursued from 2021 from some quarters as part of a transition plan that involves eventually handing over to a former player currently working in the media. The proposed overhaul includes shaking up the roster by pursuing the likes of Matt Burton, Curtis Rona and also Ben Hunt if the Dragons are prepared to subsidise the transfer of the latter.

Asked if the board was split on Pay’s future, Anderson said: "We have not discussed a decision around him. What we have discussed is that we will continue to support him.

"We had a (board) meeting last Thursday and will continue to give support. Hilly and Pricey (CEO Andrew Hill and general manager of football Steve Price) will be there for him so he can tell us what he needs and what the team needs. That’s all it’s been."

Leagues club boss George Coorey couldn’t be contacted for comment regarding Thursday’s meeting, while Anderson said Pay’s future wouldn’t be broached.

"Absolutely not," she said. "It is all around long-term sustainability of our club, as well as the short term because of COVID.

RELATED ARTICLE

UPDATED
NRL 2020

Stuart fumes at manager's role after Bateman's move to exit Raiders
"It’s about best-practice corporate governance in extraordinary times like now.

"It’s a review about the performance of the leagues club and the football clubs jointly. I am certainly keen to hear management’s views on what the next 12 months will look like."
It's down to the board now. They have to put the development and coaching teams on the line.

Our future recruitment relies on stability in these areas. No marquee player will come to us if we cannot give guarantees about coaches or team development - and have a realistic plan to achieve those goals.

If we keep things in limbo until the end of the season, we can kiss goodbye to any potential stars coming our way.

We need top players, not second bests for the money we have to spend. Second best gives second best results.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
We can all blame the morons that voted Lyn in. Lyn time to go you are out of your depth. Well done to the voting football club members. You fucking idoits.
Would you have kept Dib you fucking idiot?

We would’ve been massively over the salary cap and who do you think axed Des and signed Pay?

Last edited:

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
What is Anderson and the board waiting to see from Pay? What is another month or two of games going to show them that they don’t already know? I sincerely hope this is a delaying tactic and they have already made a call on Pay one way or another.

If they haven’t decided on Pay we are in for a world of hurt. Being so indecisive at such a critical phase in the recruitment is a recipe for disaster. They won’t be signing much while the coaching position has so much doubt surrounding it. 2021 is heading for another wasted year at this point unless someone at the club starts leading and making decisions and making them now.

Last edited:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What is Anderson and the board waiting to see from Pay? What is another month or two of games going to show them that they don’t already know? I sincerely hope this is a delaying tactic and they have already made a call on Pay one way or another.

If they haven’t decided on Pay we are in for a world of hurt. Being so indecisive at such a critical phase in the recruitment is a recipe for disaster. They won’t be signing much while the coaching position has so much doubt surrounding it. 2021 is heading for another wasted year at the point unless someone at the club starts leading and making decisions and making them now.
Seeing as they've run out of excuses as the cap pressure has been eased, it seems like she's trying to find some new excuses for the next two years of the "rebuild" to try and justify their positions.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fun these reporter's don't have the brains to ask the right questions....ask her why a decision on Dean pays future is not a priority as this affect recruitment....she is a joke....Lyn has and Chris Anderson need to be punted out of the club....yes lynny let's be nice to Dean pay and put support around him.....the support he needs is quality players Lyn you muppet
On nrl 360 last night it was poor deano the clu b is just screwing him over etc just delusional

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

If they haven’t decided on Pay we are in for a world of hurt. Being so indecisive at such a critical phase in the recruitment is a recipe for disaster. They won’t be signing much while the coaching position has so much doubt surrounding it. 2021 is heading for another wasted year at the point unless someone at the club starts leading and making decisions and making them now.
I agree. And they did something similar with the re recruitment over the off season. Offering Lewis, hoppa, zelezniak a 1 year extension on their current deals. Was a huge head scratcher. It’s like they want 6 of one half dozen of the other, and that for me screamed uncertainty and no real vision or knowledge.

You would have rather start 2020. See how some of these players perform before throwing a new deal their way. They signed in 2019 for 2021. Silly mismanagement in my books. But I’ll hold out and see what they can muster in 2021 and 2022 before I blast them. Lots of whispers that we are looking at top recruits, which if pulled off should justify their decisions to date.

What will be a kick in the guts if 2021 becomes 2024 because “knights, parra, Titans” took that long.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Totally agree. I'm often scratching my head at some of the decisions they make. I'm happy enough about the thompson signing but in the back of my mind I'm wondering what they paid for him.
Reported $850k in one paper? Who knows.