We were the highest scoring team in Rd.16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
When was the last time that happened? I havent seen us pile on the points in the second half without the opposition scoring in such a long time. Let alone us scoring the highest points in the round.

This fresh team has shown real bite and talent, I am keen for our next game. Cant wait.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Can’t wait alright!! Fucking bring on Ricky’s green machine.. be nice to clean those smug pricks up as well coach an players alike.

It was one game yes but you have to be excited at what could be from this point. Early days but a win brings a little confidence haha.

Last edited:

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Calm down guys, though it was a great result, "one swallow doesn't make a spring" but the signs are definitely there, lets see how we go for the rest of the year.

slydog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
awesome result and even better to watch but i do think we were lucky they lost 2 good players

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
more importantly we actually looked really good in attack and there was noticeable confidence in the way we played

sviruch

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Knights had only 2 man bench for most of the match, Settle my freind

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Calm down guys, though it was a great result, "one swallow doesn't make a spring" but the signs are definitely there, lets see how we go for the rest of the year.
100% my bro.

A win this season is a bonus we can all enjoy, doesn't matter who we beat, as long as we beat them.

I really don't give a rat's who is Injured in the opposition, as long as we put in last weeks effort and beat who is in front of us.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's my right as a fan to be well over the top when we win, and plunge deep deep into the depths of depression if we lose.

So that win was AWESOME, 1 down 9 to go. Finals here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
awesome result and even better to watch but i do think we were lucky they lost 2 good players
I look at it the other way. I think the knights were even luckier than us, lucky to play a team:

1. That lost it's current Australian prop mid week, apparently we also lost a "marquee" fullback after our last game.
2. Our million dollar a year halfback was ruled out for the season leading into this game.
3. Arguably our best player and best defensive back for the season so far & former Australian and state of Origin player(Jmoz) was also out with injury.
4. Our worst player in the team in Montoya playing in such an important position on the park.
5. Our most attacking back rower in RFM also was ruled out through injury leading up to the game.
6. A rookie coach in Dean Pay with only about 15 games of First grade experience. Compared to tonnes of experience in Nathan Brown.
7. 2nd NRL game for one of our wingers. Smith.
8. First NRL game for our 5/8th. Lewis
9. First NRL game for Ogden
10. We had the most inexperienced 7 & 6 combination in the whole NRL on Saturday night.
11. Playing away in Newcastle on a cold winters night.
12. We were paying $7.00 for a 13+ win. $7.00 bloody dollars...did anyone get on?

But maybe you're right, we were lucky they lost two good players. But lets not look at our issues.

Yes, Newcastle are crap, but from memory we played alot of games this year that were there for the taking, where our oppenents were down to 15 men or had key players out and we never took advantage of it.
This time we took advantage of the situation and played some bloody footy.

Maybe the team responded to the spray Jackson gave them after full time against the Titans at Belmore.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
We can make the finals if we win all our remaining matches. I reckon thats unlikely but what i want to see is improvement. Last week was a good start, we had previously lost to weaker teams than knights.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
last time we played Raiders at Belmore they blew us off the park in the first half... I'm not overly fussed about the result but just hoping they can replicate a performance like last week.. that's all we can ask for

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
7. 2nd NRL game for one of our wingers. Smith.
3rd game ... he debuted a few years ago.. but I agree with everything else you said.

Personally I don't think that Newcastle played all that bad..

Also it seems as though the noel Cleal rejects (Watson) seem to have blinders against us .. Latrel and Munster also seem to have blinders against us...don't blame them either..

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Knights lost Ponga and their hooker mid game.. good to win but need to see a few more good performances before I get excited

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Just so long as we turn up every week and compete like we did on Saturday night, I'm happy. The wins will come off the back of that sort of effort.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
One swallow does not a bukakke make.

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Knights had only 2 man bench for most of the match, Settle my freind
So what!? Have you not watched us this season? How many times have we lost a game with other teams being down players?!? A few if you check. So having won big and not cared anout them losing players, IS A HUGE DEAL IN THE CONTEXT OF THIS SEASON!

Its even a bigger deal that we won after all this drama. Away at Newcastle. AND WITHOUT Myth-BYE AND SHARON!

Status
Not open for further replies.