We should have belmore ground as our home games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Belmore has had its day as an nrl venue. It will always be our spiritual home, but we need to aspire to be bigger.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
Here we go again, we have moved on from Belmore please!! surely you saw the game at Brookvale and you would have seen what it is like going back to the 70's or 80's FFS.
This.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
There is a lot of space at Belmore. They just have to switch the field around so the length of the ground is parallel to the train lines
The reason they don't have grounds going East West is because a team will be running into the Sun. Thus the North South config all grounds have.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The reason they don't have grounds going East West is because a team will be running into the Sun. Thus the North South config all grounds have.
Thats why with modern day stadiums they put roofs over the grandstands which blocks out a lot of the sun, though thats not the only reason for the roofs.

In saying that there is no sun out during Friday, Saturday & Monday night games.

Belmore is capable of a 35,000-40,000 seater stadium. ANZ is rubbish and has no atmosphere what so ever. The dogs would never get a crowd of 40,000 during the round 1-26 rounds, the only possibility is Parra and that is a big but.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
It would need parking, and a whole bunch of other facilities it doesn't have.

Belmore was great in the 80's, and now it is a great option for the junior games, and a full time training facility. For regular FG games? I'd say never again.

Ndawai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the Dogs really put some $$$ into turning Belmore into a proper stadium where we dont have to worry about GAYFL and other codes booking out ANZ stadium it must be something we need to look into to.

As we all know the Dogs are looking at building a hotel upgrade of the local leagues club and also upgrading facilities in Belmore.

I know one way to secure guaranteed memberships and that is doing a US- styled you buy your season tickets and you get the same seats allocated to you with members that have been with club longer they will be given better seating. Families will be passing on their seats on in wills and divorce settlements thats how crazy the great seats will go for.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Belmore will never be able to be our regular home. But will always be our spiritual one.
Belmore only holds 20,000 in its current configuration. Soon enough, we'll have more members than that and you can't tell members that they can't go to home games. The amenities are sub standard and there's no parking.
The hope is, after the current renovation of the northern and southern ends (new cultural centre), it will be up to NRL standard and we'll be able to play a couple of "low drawing" games there each year.

Haza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If you want to watch games at Belmore go support the NSW cup side. They could do with your support. I've been to a few games this season and they don't get more the 50 ppl in there. So no excuse.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Concord would be better than Belmore. But that's a stones throw from ANZ anyway

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
As long as we have a connection to belmore (training, club offices and a preseason game) I'll be happy. To expect us to play Nrl games there it just won't happen. Theres no parking and can you imagine trying to drive out of the one laned streets if you got 20k there. The train station isn't capable of handling massive amounts of people.

The truth is if you played Nrl games there you'd get 20k the first few times then crowds would drop off after that. And not all our supporter base is in belmore and surrounds.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
As much as I love the memories of Belmore I think our club has out grown it and would be going backwards if they went back. Our average attendances since 2000 is way above what Belmore holds. I personally hope they can reconfigure that show ground and turn it into a 35000 -40000 seat rectangular stadium similar to melbournes ammi park.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Union use that field so it would be nice to take it back, I don't know why the Tigers don't use it when it is a nice ground!

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
So how come they play there?
Why do they officially have 3 home stadiums, and two logo's? ......... Because not all clubs are up to Bulldogs standards.

It really is a terrible stadium, Belmore is almost certainly better right now, but just because someone is doing something worse doesn't mean the Bulldogs should explore options to get worse..... someone has to be the best club in the league.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Empty anz stadium or not the club get a decent amount of $ for playing there its the safe option.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Dogs actually played 3 games there. I went to them all. To be honest it's not a great ground to watch footy from. Hills at the end suck, so it's hard to watch from, grandstands are the same incline as ANZ, so really no better. I don't think the atmosphere improves a lot from what ANZ gives, just may look at touch better on TV, but I reckon once we play 5-6 games there, punters would stop turning up.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Only games well ever see at Belmore sports ground ever again are those against out of Sydney teams like the cowboys, storm, titans and warriors and trials. I will be totally satisfied with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.