We need to offload players

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Some may agree, others won't ... But imo we need to offload the following players

Pangai Jr - mentally unstable and goes missing far to often. Not worth the 700-800k we are paying.

Corey Allan - Tell Wayne Bennett that if he wants Pangai Jr that we will release him on one condition, you take Allan at full freight.

Luke Thompson - Unfortunately he doesn't bend the line or have any real impact in our 17. He thrives off hit ups late in the set after bigger middles take the hard carries eg Walmsley at St Helens. He's a good player just doesn't suit us ATM and we can't afford to pay him as much as we are as a result.

Corey Waddell - he is useless, I don't know how we get rid of him... Hopefully Barrett takes his pet with him when he gets sacked.

Josh Jackson - yes he has bled for the club and wasted his prime here... For me it's bench him going forward or let him go.

Now the composition of our side wouldn't suffer too much as a result.of moving these guys on.
I would offer Vaughan and extension and start him up front with King.

Matterson should be signed to play lock and we need to find a solid right edge back rower who isn't Hetherington, Jackson or Mariner.

Fullback and halfback remain a big issue for us and I don't know how those holes are filled with the current market.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
TPJ can be very useful under the right coach, I would hang onto him.

Vaughan was the only forward to make +100m and does this consistently, he should be kept.

Agree on most of the others that need to be offloaded.

chemdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
tpj needs to go back into the middle he's wasted and gets gassed easily on the edge

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Allan, Flanagan, JMK, Naden, Okunbor, Thompson and Waddell
(going off who's contracted)

I'd be trying to move all of them on. Okunbor's probably on nothing so maybe keep him as depth but he isn't someone I'd even want to play so...
Thompson mainly due to how much he's on and we need to get back into the market, for a fullback, halfback and/or ball playing lock.

TPJ showed tonight he can't play on an edge (another reason to move Thompson on).

I don't know why players would want to come here, all of this years recruits were conned.

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We need to offload 99% of the players but the problem is no club would want them and most of them are contracted until the end of next year the club have there hands tied up and cant offload them until the end of next year so get ready for more of the same shit next year too .

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some may agree, others won't ... But imo we need to offload the following players

Pangai Jr - mentally unstable and goes missing far to often. Not worth the 700-800k we are paying.

Corey Allan - Tell Wayne Bennett that if he wants Pangai Jr that we will release him on one condition, you take Allan at full freight.

Luke Thompson - Unfortunately he doesn't bend the line or have any real impact in our 17. He thrives off hit ups late in the set after bigger middles take the hard carries eg Walmsley at St Helens. He's a good player just doesn't suit us ATM and we can't afford to pay him as much as we are as a result.

Corey Waddell - he is useless, I don't know how we get rid of him... Hopefully Barrett takes his pet with him when he gets sacked.

Josh Jackson - yes he has bled for the club and wasted his prime here... For me it's bench him going forward or let him go.

Now the composition of our side wouldn't suffer too much as a result.of moving these guys on.

Matterson should be signed to play lock and we need to find a solid right edge back rower who isn't Hetherington, Jackson or Mariner.

Fullback and halfback remain a big issue for us and I don't know how those holes are filled with the current market.
I agree with everything you said except TPJ, tonight he was ordinary, but the last few weeks, he’s been one of our best.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I agree with everything you said except TPJ, tonight he was ordinary, but the last few weeks, he’s been one of our best.
If he is a middle forward I'd be inclined to keep him... But most coaches insist on playing him on the edge. Except for Ivan, but he had the luxury of being able to play him in the middle as his 17 was stacked

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If he is a middle forward I'd be inclined to keep him... But most coaches insist on playing him on the edge. Except for Ivan, but he had the luxury of being able to play him in the middle as his 17 was stacked
It really doesn’t matter where TPJ plays he needs the right bloke motivating him Gus proved that a few weeks ago, one tune up from Gus and he was outstanding that week but he will do fuckn all while Barret is running the show

fiordog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
tpj needs to go back into the middle he's wasted and gets gassed easily on the edge
doesn't matter where he is, or anyone for that matter - they all get gassed it seems

dogluvver

Kennel Established
Reaction score
doesn't matter where he is, or anyone for that matter - they all get gassed it seems
They are all on Ferris's diet & fitness regime. It's so good to have a fitness coach they respect & can look up to.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Allan, Flanagan, JMK, Naden, Okunbor, Thompson and Waddell
(going off who's contracted)

I'd be trying to move all of them on. Okunbor's probably on nothing so maybe keep him as depth but he isn't someone I'd even want to play so...
Thompson mainly due to how much he's on and we need to get back into the market, for a fullback, halfback and/or ball playing lock.

TPJ showed tonight he can't play on an edge (another reason to move Thompson on).

I don't know why players would want to come here, all of this years recruits were conned.
Some of the recruits also conned the club

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
THe offloading of players asap is something Gould should be working on - need to free up salary cap and top 30 spots before the roster can be improved.
Find extended homes for Naden Thompson Okunbor Flanagan and Allen for starters - this year if possible.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Dolphins would take all them players as they running out of time to fill 30 spots plus reserve graders

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeh Thompson is simply a must offload. Vaughan is on 400k and outperforming his 750k. In other words, he’s playing to less than half of the value we paid

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
But regardless of who we offload/sign for 2023 we will have a ceiling of 13-14th with current coaching staff