We need to move on from tonight's game and come together as Bulldogs fans!

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was no way in the world we were going to win tonight, we could have had the Australian team and we would have lost (I don't think the NRL would have the Cowboys play the Australian team tonight, it's meant to be an occasion for celebration).

Cowboys final game at their inaugural home ground with a massive crowd and players leaving, one of them who suffered a stroke during the week, and we were against it before the season even started, when the draw was created.

If the NRL is good at anything it's writing Cinderella stories (e.g. Cronulla over the cap 2015 and 2017 but not 2016 when they won the comp, ofcourse not), we were the first team to play the Cowboys when they entered the comp and the last one to play them at their inaugural home ground. Knowing the NRL, do any of you think we were going to win?

If you were told at the start of the sseason about these circumstances would you think we were going to win, do you think it's coincidence that it worked out we play the Cowboys at their final game in their first stadium?

Let's move on and hopefully next season it will be a more positive and prosperous season for all of us including the mighty Bulldogs!

Love always, now be nice to each other, group hug it out!!!

Last edited:

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dud ref calls aside.. we still had many chances to win that game..
We did, but when games are close refs have the ability to decide outcomes, we as fans understand the game, watching on TV we see and focus on the players more than what the refs are doing, if we analyzed the refs I guarantee most of the key decisions went the Cowboys way especially at critical times of the game. When refereeing home teams the refs are also not going to be yelled and booed at as much, which also allows them to be comfortable. For me the occasion had pre decided the outcome.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There was no way in the world we were going to win tonight, we could have had the Australian team and we would have lost (I don't think the NRL would have the Cowboys play the Australian team tonight, it's meant to be an occasion for celebration).

Cowboys final game at their inaugural home ground with a massive crowd and players leaving, one of them who suffered a stroke during the week, and we were against it before the season even started, when the draw was created.

If the NRL is good at anything it's writing Cinderella stories (e.g. Cronulla over the cap 2015 and 2017 but not 2016 when they won the comp, ofcourse not), we were the first team to play the Cowboys when they entered the comp and the last one to play them at their inaugural home ground. Knowing the NRL do any of you think we were going to win?

If you were told at the start of the sseason about these circumstances would you think we were going to win, do you think it's coincidence that it worked out we play the Cowboys at their final game in their first stadium?

Let's move on and hopefully next season it will be a more positive and prosperous the season for all of us including the mighty Bulldogs!

Love always, now be nice to each other, group hug it out!!!
Yep so right and nothing proved that point more than the bunker overturning our try.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We had enough chances in the 1st half to go into halftime with a handy lead. We lost this game, the cowboys didn’t win it.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yep, we lost it more than the cowboys winning it. I just wish Lewis was more fluent with the ball in hand.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yep, we lost it more than the cowboys winning it. I just wish Lewis was more fluent with the ball in hand.
This exactly why I made a thread on Lewis earlier on the year, absolute hindrance to our attack. Meanwhile Foran was dead and could barely get on the ball....if only we had a half on the bench and interchange up our sleeve....

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This exactly why I made a thread on Lewis earlier on the year, absolute hindrance to our attack. Meanwhile Foran was dead and could barely get on the ball....if only we had a half on the bench and interchange up our sleeve....
I love how the coaches cheer squad come up with chilfish... it was someone elses fault. We were fucking shit.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
not to mention tolman and elliot fucking up every scoring op inside their 20 by choking the ball in the ruck ffs every fucking game

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
not to mention tolman and elliot fucking up every scoring op inside their 20 by choking the ball in the ruck ffs every fucking game
Imagine how we'd go if some of these basic dumb plays were coached OUT of their game and replaced with some basic effective plays.

First thing a competent coach would address you'd imagine.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I want to slap those two lol. Elliott does some good things yet then he will come out and do twice as many bad things and ruin it all. Tolman needs to be banned from touching the ball in the attacking zone, he legit pushes his way in between the dh and first receiver like Gallen used too.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
People need to stop looking for conspiracy theories.

We were the better side in the first half and should have gone in ahead by at least 2 tries.

If we did that we win.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Don't mean to sound disrespectful but i stopped reading after the first 13 words. We could have easily won that game, and that's not even including the supossed "no try."

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Game was lost cause of a couple of things.
1. Tolman in the way

2. Bad ref call

3. Weather was hot boys not use to it

4.pay not rotating bench properly (cogger ) was fresh could’ve used him.

5. DWZ didn’t look 100%

6. Lewis isn’t a halve

7. To’omaga and RMF need to start

8. Jackson and tolman should’ve got a rest.

Last edited:

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Our fans only come together when we are winning every single game. We are always referred to/sniggered at for having passionate fans who wear their hearts on their sleeves but often it’s just stupidity, embarrassing and always looking to blame someone when results don’t go our way.

People like fucking Manly more than us these days. I wish people could chill out, accept the situation we have been left in, recognise we are improving on and off the field to build back up as a club and that never happens overnight. Real fans get that and understand

sviruch

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Dominos effect from the impetant management from the top who got us in this shit salary cap mess.
Not defending pay but you he got these donkies to coach. The Rotation was terrible in the heat. Pay used 3 interchange players in my book that is idiotic.
If your are paying big bux for
Foran playing on one leg and keeping his replacement on the bench incase he gets injured is a shit go. At the moment we are a what if club..
Refs always fuck us but you need to play smart footy.
With the amount of attacking chances we had ,we blew it.
We have one Australian Rep player Nappa and he hasn't even been that great.
We currently don't have the Calibre of great players with footy minds that can change a game..
Hopefully 2021 we can spend some money on some decent players with the supposed salary cap space we will have according to others on the forum.
Rebuilding boys. Nothing more or less.
We did jag some lucky games in our mini run.