We need to jump on this guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggies_92

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Mitch Cornish to depart Raiders

Miitchell Cornish

The Gold Coast Titans and Manly Sea Eagles are not the only parties eagerly awaiting the end of the Daly Cherry-Evans tug of war, with the future of outgoing Canberra Raider Mitch Cornish likely to hinge on his decision.

Cornish will not be at the Raiders next year after being overtaken in the pecking order by Sam Williams and the recruitment of Titans playmaker Aidan Sezer on a three-year deal.

The domino effect of whether Cherry-Evans inquiriesstays at Manly or honours his Gold Coast Titans deal means Cornish’s manager Paul Sutton’s hands are tied.

Both Manly and the Titans have made unofficial regarding the off-contract Cornish, who has seen the writing on the wall at Canberra after he was dropped for Williams after four rounds.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So while manly and titans make unofficial enquiries why don't we make some official enquiries

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I don't think anyone but fans are looking for a half so don't expect anything to happen. Unless something happens that hod has to retire from his injury

GRKDOG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
TG has said in the Hokko discussion thread that we have made him an offer but have not heard back from him yet...

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
TG has said in the Hokko discussion thread that we have made him an offer but have not heard back from him yet...
It's possible that the offer is smaller than or equal to what he's on now. I know there's a fair few clubs after Hodko and I'm not sure if we'll match their offer.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It's possible that the offer is smaller than or equal to what he's on now. I know there's a fair few clubs after Hodko and I'm not sure if we'll match their offer.
I think he is saying that we have made a formal offer to Cornish. Apparently Manly have also made an offer and its much more substantial than ours.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think he is saying that we have made a formal offer to Cornish. Apparently Manly have also made an offer and its much more substantial than ours.
Ahh, that makes much more sense. We may be in luck then if Foran's Parra deal crumbles.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think if there was genuine external interest for hokko he would have re-signed with the club or gone elsewhere by now.

Coming up to half way through the season most of the decent players have signed already (even sezar signed on with raiders).

So if there is interest it might just be enquiries. Doubt he has had an offer. And he was saying last week that he is working through a 2 year deal with the dogs at the moment and wants to stay. So I think it's the case that we offered a contract just for the sake of it (because we have had him for 4 years already) and no one else wanted him so he will just sign it.

Best thing for himself and the club at the moment is go have another surgery (if there is something that can be done), sit out the rest of the year (to rehab it and build strength up in it again). And with a proper off season he might get the strength back in his knees that will allow him to run and tackle and kick like he used to.

And going by recent recruitment by the club it seems we only ever sign lower grade players (Frawley, Thompson, loko even rona and lichaa to a degree but they did have big wraps on them). We seem to look through qcup and nsw cup to unearth the next big thing instead of recruiting first graders.

I guess recruitment for this season can be seen as successful due to rona's outstanding start to the year and lichaa's performances (not going to include bmoz as he came to us because of his brother not because of the coach or recruitment team) but that is only 2 good player (rona and lichaa) out of maybe 5 or 6 players that we brought in.

We need to start getting more of the top players coming through at the age of 15-16. Build them up through matts and ball then through u20s. Look at the roosters with nene McDonald, rts, Napa, even that latrell Mitchell kid. None of these guys are from the district. But were brought over young and seems like will leave their mark on the club. Compare that to signing kafusi, Thompson, brenan, Frawley, drury lowe etc.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I think if there was genuine external interest for hokko he would have re-signed with the club or gone elsewhere by now.

Coming up to half way through the season most of the decent players have signed already (even sezar signed on with raiders).

So if there is interest it might just be enquiries. Doubt he has had an offer. And he was saying last week that he is working through a 2 year deal with the dogs at the moment and wants to stay. So I think it's the case that we offered a contract just for the sake of it (because we have had him for 4 years already) and no one else wanted him so he will just sign it.

Best thing for himself and the club at the moment is go have another surgery (if there is something that can be done), sit out the rest of the year (to rehab it and build strength up in it again). And with a proper off season he might get the strength back in his knees that will allow him to run and tackle and kick like he used to.

And going by recent recruitment by the club it seems we only ever sign lower grade players (Frawley, Thompson, loko even rona and lichaa to a degree but they did have big wraps on them). We seem to look through qcup and nsw cup to unearth the next big thing instead of recruiting first graders.

I guess recruitment for this season can be seen as successful due to rona's outstanding start to the year and lichaa's performances (not going to include bmoz as he came to us because of his brother not because of the coach or recruitment team) but that is only 2 good player (rona and lichaa) out of maybe 5 or 6 players that we brought in.

We need to start getting more of the top players coming through at the age of 15-16. Build them up through matts and ball then through u20s. Look at the roosters with nene McDonald, rts, Napa, even that latrell Mitchell kid. None of these guys are from the district. But were brought over young and seems like will leave their mark on the club. Compare that to signing kafusi, Thompson, brenan, Frawley, drury lowe etc.
We have brought players over at younger ages, Mbye, Klemmer, Perret, Jackson, Lafai and you can throw in finucane if you want.

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cornish is a SLIGHT upgrade on Hodko
Even look at the Canberra forums guys they don't even rate him
Personally I'm a fan of Sam Williams and with sezer going there next year with Austin he is a backup half
He can break the line, he can pass and kick well
I've always rated the kid and he was great for Canberra in 2010 or 2011 forget the year
His defense was always an issue but this year his defense has improved out of sight
He is a smaller bloke and will always be a bit of a liability in defense but he can actually attack
Sign him up and let him Reynolds and mbye fight it out

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We have brought players over at younger ages, Mbye, Klemmer, Perret, Jackson, Lafai and you can throw in finucane if you want.
Off course finucane can be thrown in. You naming talent just made me so happy

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
From those players you mentioned, im sure Mbye Klemmer Jackson Lafai and Finucane were brought into Bulldogs before Hasler came. Correct me if im wrong

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
From those players you mentioned, im sure Mbye Klemmer Jackson Lafai and Finucane were brought into Bulldogs before Hasler came. Correct me if im wrong
Correct, though you could throw in Thompson hahahaha

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why are people getting all excited about a guy who cant make the grade at Canberra. Hes behind Sam Williams who is only borderline FG material. Better looking for someone who is tried.
Richie Myler from the UK fits the bill.

DogsFan4Life

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why are people getting all excited about a guy who cant make the grade at Canberra. Hes behind Sam Williams who is only borderline FG material. Better looking for someone who is tried.
Richie Myler from the UK fits the bill.
Who is Richie Myler please fill me in ?

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
lol, tried in a below par competition on the other side of the planet.

sam williams is the perfect foil for blake austin.

cornish would do well for us because he likes to be the one in control. we need that.

Status
Not open for further replies.