We need to get a piece of this action IMMEDIATELY

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sign him up.. big improvement on what we have at the moment..

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
but in 2023 the new brisbane team in brisbane will hit, meaning alot more spsces are available and teams will have to pay higher for proper talent, dso if we can make some purtchases for 2022, we can deny them that.
Hey Nash
I'm not saying we shouldn't sign anyone, I just hope we don't go and waste it on more average players just for the sake of overturning the squad asap.
I know it's been a long road for us fans but if we be patient to grab the right players we will have more success than just grabbing random players just to fill a need.

the12thman

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Every game / week we lose and don’t improve it gets harder and harder to sign players. Such a risk for a player coming here even with addo carr and burton coming next year
I agree with this. Barretts only goal this year should have been to win as much as possible.

I know he is trying to implement his systems but they can wait till we have better players next year.

We are a super hard sell at the moment.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All players go missing at times. Even Fifita but at other times they can create tries from virtually nothing. I can't really see us improving much with more average players like Turpin or Finucane. Finucane would be just like having another Josh Jackson. Not enough strike in the backrow with Finucane, Jackson and Elliott. We need strike, size, strength, some power
Yup, TPJ might go missing sometimes but it’s the other times he can turn a game. Our present lot don’t have those other times in them

steveng

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
A lot of people on here have been saying that we should be approaching players like TPJ for a long time , why are we the only ones that see this .. our management need to be on the hunt the minute these guys come up , or even better be astute and actively talk to other clubs to understand what players they may let go of, as we have limited time to get our roster sorted before other teams pounce ...I keep saying this but I get a sick feeling that we will be stuck with some deadwood AGAIN and not much will change!! It would be great to know what is going on !!

Last edited:

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Prefer Fischer Harris, Creighton , Capewell. All 3 play well week in week out & are at the top of their game with no off field issues.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
People need to relax a bit about recruitment. Many players have been approached.
Biggest problem seems to be that they don't want to come to Belmore.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
A lot of people on here have been saying that we should be approaching players like TPJ for a long time , why are we the only ones that see this .. our management need to be on the hunt the minute these guys come up , or even better be astute and actively talk to other clubs to understand what players they may let go of, as we have limited time to get our roster sorted before other teams pounce ...I keep saying this but I get a sick feeling that we will be stuck with some deadwood AGAIN and not much will change!! It would be great to know what is going on !!
Because TPG is a massive dickhead who is a 90% chance of being deregistered by the NRL.

Last edited:

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I reckon we will get hodgson for 22. Or jazz tevaga .Dont see cheese coming across,
CHN has already told Hodgson how we don't stand by our players. No way will we secure Hodgson.
I hear problem with securing Smith is that we have nobody Storm want.
We are in market for TPJ and looking at Tapau.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Ya think??????? Rocket science is Alive lol.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People need to relax a bit about recruitment. Many players have been approached.
Exactly mate, dreaming and been optimistic is nice but sometimes you've got to be realistic.
Perhaps I'm to pessimistic but the very recent NRL 360 comments about poor old Flanno sulking on TV was deliberately designed to tell potential players that our club is a bad place to go. Not to mention Jamal Hopoate been portrayed as one of our players after been arrested for carrying drugs.
The fact is that when your drowning you always grab at straws in an attempt to survive. This is happening because the game itself is imploding due to the miss management of the NRL which in effect is owned and controlled by CH9 and NEWS LTD.
I hate been pessimistic but looking ahead I see some clubs in an attempt to survive, also imploding and big changes happening, I believe that it is the intension of CH9 and NEWS LTD that by having a second team in Brisbane they will be able to get rid of one of the Sydney Clubs

Malla

Reaction score
CHN has already told Hodgson how we don't stand by our players. No way will we secure Hodgson.
I hear problem with securing Smith is that we have nobody Storm want.
We are in market for TPJ and looking at Tapau.
I am sure Hodgson is listening while he gets dogged by the team he has played for the last 6+ years, captained to multiple finals and a grand final and getting dropped to the bench, captaincy taken from him and Sticky basically telling him he isn't needed lol

CHN fucked a school girl on a 'work trip' - put things into perspective

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Be assured from what I know it's the exact opposite...Of course without elaboration :tonguewink:

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Exactly mate, dreaming and been optimistic is nice but sometimes you've got to be realistic.
Perhaps I'm to pessimistic but the very recent NRL 360 comments about poor old Flanno sulking on TV was deliberately designed to tell potential players that our club is a bad place to go. Not to mention Jamal Hopoate been portrayed as one of our players after been arrested for carrying drugs.
The fact is that when your drowning you always grab at straws in an attempt to survive. This is happening because the game itself is imploding due to the miss management of the NRL which in effect is owned and controlled by CH9 and NEWS LTD.
I hate been pessimistic but looking ahead I see some clubs in an attempt to survive, also imploding and big changes happening, I believe that it is the intension of CH9 and NEWS LTD that by having a second team in Brisbane they will be able to get rid of one of the Sydney Clubs
Precisely what I have been warning about for many years...
But nothing changes the fact that UNITY IS STRENGTH and it is what we have at the club now,
We have been in hot pursue for B. Smith and an enforcer prop for next season, this is our chance !!!
I would be disappointed if we miss out unless TPJ wants to go to the Tigpies.