Not open for further replies.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
You are wrong. We were cap compliant for 2019 before we got rid of Mbye,Woods and Morris. The CEO and Board said we were and did not need to lose any players. Something suspicious here. The Board should come out and tell us why they let those three players go. They are not acting honestly.
Ive only seen anywhere that we were under the cap for 2018. Des' backending was going to be worse next year. We should be under by now but maybe not enough under yet to shop for serious players. If it was me id be waiting to see who we need most by the end of the season. Dont just buy a name in any position. Like des paying for woods when we didnt have a forwards problem, but did have problems elsewhere.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We need a quality centre and hooker big time

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
As much as I'd love to see a signing we don't need to make one out of urgency. Most supporters understand we have limitations with the cap due to inept spending by the previous crew. If they rush out now and overspend on mid range players it does the club no favours in the long run. Better to add some talented youngsters and those looking for a chance. Remember there's always the off season merry go round where we may be able to pick up some quality, but as 2019 is already a write off I think we're better off snapping up the up and comers, giving them a run in 2019, then add in the experience and quality for 2020.

WestBeast

Peyow Peyow
Reaction score
Our best bet, target youth. Players that aren't already first graders but have potential.
Difference between now and 09 is that we have cash back then, hence all those quality signings (besides hodgson)
Hannett only lasted what a year and a half before getting "homesick" for Brisbane
That’s the only way , hopefully find a diamond or 2 in the rough , apart from jacko n klem , guys fighting for a career a far more hungrier than the guys depositing the fat bank cheque every month

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How can money be tight. Media have said Mbye, Woods and Morris have freed up over $2m. for 2019. You can't tell me it all has gone to back-ended contracts. I smell a rat.
Morris wasn’t signed for 2019

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I agree, hooker.. Hoppa is doing good at fullback and we have Meaney on the way

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So now we have let;
Mbye go
Woods go
Eastwood not re-signed
Jmoz go
Bmoz next to dragqueens

Surely that’s enough cash freed up surely ffs
I would love to know how much the rest of the squad is on
How do crapolla and brisb have superstars everywhere
Excuse my ignorance but other than jacko Foran and klemmer where the Fcuk is our cash going.
This needs to be addressed and asap

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
So now we have let;
Mbye go
Woods go
Eastwood not re-signed
Jmoz go
Bmoz next to dragqueens

Excuse my ignorance but other than jacko Foran and klemmer where the Fcuk is our cash going.
We need uncle Nick's Sombrero

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
1. Hopoate
2. Katoa
3. Lomax
4. Staggs
5. Gela-Mosby
6. Luai
7. Lewis
8. Tolman
9. B.Brailey
10. Klemmer
11. Mariner
12. Martin
13. Jackson (c)

14. Brown
15. Elliot
16. Ogden
17. To'Omagaa / Fualalo

I'd be very content with this, pipe dream but to land any of the new players listed here I'd be fucking stoked

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We have no cap space.. Des ruined our cap for all eternity.. Our only hope is the next life

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
On a positive note, we can offer young up and comers an opportunity to play first grade. That should be our carrot.

Once our cap gets back to normal, we can then recruit some big names to support emerging talent.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I mentioned in another thread, either:-

We are going to sign 1 or 2 superstars to build a team around

OR

We are in deeper shit than we think we are.

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If this is a joke its not funny anymore, this club is in desperate need of signings no matter how big or small because we need some hope. Its getting pretty disgusting watching players leave every week, how can any fan put up with this shit.
Our whole squad can leave and people would still say that we have cap issues, get the fuck out with that shit.
If this had happened to a team in the english premier league, the joint wouldve been burnt down.
The way things are going the next signing will be a merge with another club, We have been fucked over good & proper by the fucking NRL Mafia.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Maleke Morris, Raiders SG Ball for 2 years.

There’s another to go with the Rumbles lol.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So now we have let;
Mbye go
Woods go
Eastwood not re-signed
Jmoz go
Bmoz next to dragqueens

Do people understand that the Morris boys and Eastwood are not and never were in the 2019 Salary cap. It doesn't create any space for next year with these 3 players leaving

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Do people understand that the Morris boys and Eastwood are not and never were in the 2019 Salary cap. It doesn't create any space for next year with these 3 players leaving
A lot do not comprehend that.

Status
Not open for further replies.