We need signings ASAP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Who’d wanna come , we are at the paying overs stage all over again like when Moore signed Ennis , hannant and stagg , no one is coming

Our best bet, target youth. Players that aren't already first graders but have potential.
Difference between now and 09 is that we have cash back then, hence all those quality signings (besides hodgson)
Hannett only lasted what a year and a half before getting "homesick" for Brisbane

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If I was in recruitment I would have nabbed the likes of Luai waaaay before he had that game the other night

Too late now

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I think with Jmoz confirming he is leaving we are now able to go to the market. We apparently made a competitive 1 year offer , and now that money can be spent elsewhere. I'm pretty sure we know who we want to target it's just doing the deal, and not paying overs.
Interesting if we did make a competitive offer to him, thought he was wanting to stay and be loyal......lol they're all the same now. No way do I believe all these players being released is for us to get SC Compliant for 2019, no fukin way! We were 500k for 5 players like 2.5mil ago. Don't even bother spitting out backended and ratchet either, Hill fella said 500 for 5 and we have improved that hugely. Has to be deadwood releasing.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Luia is off limits according to the Panthers -their contingency plan should Cleary decide to leave. Penrith will offer him a sweet deal and not sure we could match it. This is an unfortunate headache we have where we won't be in the market for exceptional players who can command a bit of money; will have to be bargain players who look like they can be something special. Will be a lot of players funneled to first grade ranks who are already in our club system.
At the very least, we should force the Panthers to pay as much as possible to put some pressure on THEIR salary cap. We are going to have to pay overs to attract some of these future stars to our team, so we must chose wisely.

caltan

Waterboy
Reaction score
Correct. One would hope that now we are working on offering a new contract to some of the better performing players such as Lewis and Martin who have stood up in a fairly big way over the last few weeks. Martin has scored more tries in a few games than Mbye has all year and is a far superior kicker to boot.

Money is tight so who do we retain ( who CAN we retain) from the following? ( Eastwood and Morris definitely gone as far as we are aware)F=forward; B=back.

Lachlan Burr (F second row, lock) Tom Carr (B fullback) Mason Cerruto ( B fullback ) Josh Cleeland ( B halves) Greg Eastwood( F lock, second row, prop)Asipeli Fine ( F & B centre, winger, second row) Matt Frawley ( B halves )Lachlan Lewis (B halves) Rhyse Martin ( F second row) Brett Morris (B) Clay Priest ( F prop,lock) Zac Woolford (F hooker)
How can money be tight. Media have said Mbye, Woods and Morris have freed up over $2m. for 2019. You can't tell me it all has gone to back-ended contracts. I smell a rat.

caltan

Waterboy
Reaction score
Lol. You do know u need cap space to buy players hey. Now if we needed to shed players just to get under the cap next year, we need to shed even more to have money to buy players. This is exactly what they are doing right now. What we dont know is when shedding players hits the point we have spare cash to buy players we want.

I do not see any issue at all.
You are wrong. We were cap compliant for 2019 before we got rid of Mbye,Woods and Morris. The CEO and Board said we were and did not need to lose any players. Something suspicious here. The Board should come out and tell us why they let those three players go. They are not acting honestly.

aymz maz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I have a feeling there’s gonna be a couple of good signings weeks to come.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
You are wrong. We were cap compliant for 2019 before we got rid of Mbye,Woods and Morris. The CEO and Board said we were and did not need to lose any players. Something suspicious here. The Board should come out and tell us why they let those three players go. They are not acting honestly.
I agree we must have some cash. Hill said 500k for 5 players before Woods and Mbye left, Morris was off contract next year anyway wasn't he....we gain nothing. I think we have cash and are just playing this game to clear the deadwood and useless players we have. I wouldn't be surprised if we had about 1.5mil available for next year. Fuks me how many players we need now though after our constant fire sale.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Luia is off limits according to the Panthers -their contingency plan should Cleary decide to leave. Penrith will offer him a sweet deal and not sure we could match it. This is an unfortunate headache we have where we won't be in the market for exceptional players who can command a bit of money; will have to be bargain players who look like they can be something special. Will be a lot of players funneled to first grade ranks who are already in our club system.
I can't argue with any of that but we can't just have a team full of cast off's and reserve graders or juniors. We have to have a marquee signing or two, relative to the clubs directive of signing young talent.

We obviously can't afford genuine marquee players that are established rep stars, and they probably wouldn't come anyway. But in my opinion we need one or two genuine young star signings that every club is envious of. If Penrith can only afford 400k for Luia then we should be offering 500k plus. I'd rather spend 500k on one potential star and 100k on a guy on the minimum than 300k each on two average prospects that might not pan out at all like Cogger etc..

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope we can start poaching players from other clubs that aren’t wanted. Our turn to cash in on other clubs paying players to play for us!!!

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If this is a joke its not funny anymore, this club is in desperate need of signings no matter how big or small because we need some hope. Its getting pretty disgusting watching players leave every week, how can any fan put up with this shit.
Our whole squad can leave and people would still say that we have cap issues, get the fuck out with that shit.
If this had happened to a team in the english premier league, the joint wouldve been burnt down.
Obviously we can’t just go making signings, even if they could I wouldn’t want them buying for the sake of buying

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Obviously we can’t just go making signings, even if they could I wouldn’t want them buying for the sake of buying
Agree, any signings need to be calculated and purposeful for the positions we need with hopes that the players we do sign come through strongly and we hopefully keep them as they start to blossom. It will be very hard unless Pay etc has a list he has had his eye on, this should be where Pay has an advantage....he has coached the juniors.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How can money be tight. Media have said Mbye, Woods and Morris have freed up over $2m. for 2019. You can't tell me it all has gone to back-ended contracts. I smell a rat.

Morris was off contract anyway and his money allocated already ( likewise BMoz and Eastwood) so that is a moot point.

It is indeed puzzling to contemplate the fact that all money has been allocated and I will admit I did hear on Saturday from someone who is 'associated' with the club that we DO have money. Who really knows? Don't know what to believe considering it was originally stated that we had the vast majority of the first grade side back ended in the next two years and our CEO has stated that we have no real wriggle room.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I can't argue with any of that but we can't just have a team full of cast off's and reserve graders or juniors. We have to have a marquee signing or two, relative to the clubs directive of signing young talent.

We obviously can't afford genuine marquee players that are established rep stars, and they probably wouldn't come anyway. But in my opinion we need one or two genuine young star signings that every club is envious of. If Penrith can only afford 400k for Luia then we should be offering 500k plus. I'd rather spend 500k on one potential star and 100k on a guy on the minimum than 300k each on two average prospects that might not pan out at all like Cogger etc..

Oh yeah I agree with that. We need some higher profile because at the moment there is only Klem, Jacko and Tolman. Big rebuild on the way unless something drastically changes.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
I’ve said this in another thread we have
JJ
Klemmer
Lewis
Martin
RMF
Olive
Smith
The future is looking good but we are screwed if we don’t have anyone coming in soon.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'd have Luai or May they are both going to be stars..

I also wouldn't mind Corey Oates... he has had an impact in almost every Broncos game this season... play him anywhere, he's a weapon
Cant wait to see Meaney play first grade this week.. In saying that it would be a dream to see Luai at FB for us one day.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’ve said this in another thread we have
JJ
Klemmer
Lewis
Martin
RMF
Olive
Smith
The future is looking good but we are screwed if we don’t have anyone coming in soon.
We got better than Olive.. Bergamin and Harper would be classy additions one day.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Olive could be one of the quality NRL players if he wanted but his effort level in week to week at the top level is lacking imo and we definitely saw that against the Titans... as well as his time at the Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.