We need signings ASAP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If this is a joke its not funny anymore, this club is in desperate need of signings no matter how big or small because we need some hope. Its getting pretty disgusting watching players leave every week, how can any fan put up with this shit.
Our whole squad can leave and people would still say that we have cap issues, get the fuck out with that shit.
If this had happened to a team in the english premier league, the joint wouldve been burnt down.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well, so far we've only added:

Meaney
Cogger
Chrichton
Smith (which was this year I'm pretty sure)

Surely you're right, signings must be imminent. Maybe the club is still working on who to target

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I have been thinking the same thing. It would be great to hear of a retention (Lewis, Martin) re signing or a potential club signing just to give us hope between players leaving the club.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think with Jmoz confirming he is leaving we are now able to go to the market. We apparently made a competitive 1 year offer , and now that money can be spent elsewhere. I'm pretty sure we know who we want to target it's just doing the deal, and not paying overs.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Chris Smith has first grade written all over him..

I know most here have given up on Foz, and rightfully so...But I'm still optimistic that we can get something out of him and I feel like a player as involved as Lewis will take some pressure off of him, especially since Lewis also likes to run deep into the line

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You'd like to think so..

Jerome Luia would make the suffering almost worth it. As would Pangai Jnr or another young star like Tyrone May or a bunchoof others that would give us hope and something to look forward to.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What can we do,
Just have to sit tight and trust the committee has plans in place.
Unfortunately they can’t come out to us and explain exactly what players are on the hit list
Patience

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Chris Smith has first grade written all over him..

I know most here have given up on Foz, and rightfully so...But I'm still optimistic that we can get something out of him and I feel like a player as involved as Lewis will take some pressure off of him, especially since Lewis also likes to run deep into the line
Watched some of the game on the weekend, Smith runs hard. Will be a good addtition I think, looks a big unit too. I know its only one game not much to go on. But hey, gotta be positive at the moment.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'd have Luai or May they are both going to be stars..

I also wouldn't mind Corey Oates... he has had an impact in almost every Broncos game this season... play him anywhere, he's a weapon

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Watched some of the game on the weekend, Smith runs hard. Will be a good addtition I think, looks a big unit too. I know its only one game not much to go on. But hey, gotta be positive at the moment.
Yeah I remember during the commentary they mentioned he was the hardest worker when he was at the Rorters.. good signs.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Oh we need signings alright, that’s a given!! But the question is who an when..
Time will tell an we can only sit back an watch this unfold and maybe we get lucky or get some luck!!

But with lewy an Martin that is a positive right now. Just have to wait An see.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Meaney
Cogger
Chrichton

Surely you're right, signings must be imminent. Maybe the club is still working on who to target
Correct. One would hope that now we are working on offering a new contract to some of the better performing players such as Lewis and Martin who have stood up in a fairly big way over the last few weeks. Martin has scored more tries in a few games than Mbye has all year and is a far superior kicker to boot.

Money is tight so who do we retain ( who CAN we retain) from the following? ( Eastwood and Morris definitely gone as far as we are aware)F=forward; B=back.

Lachlan Burr (F second row, lock) Tom Carr (B fullback) Mason Cerruto ( B fullback ) Josh Cleeland ( B halves) Greg Eastwood( F lock, second row, prop)Asipeli Fine ( F & B centre, winger, second row) Matt Frawley ( B halves )Lachlan Lewis (B halves) Rhyse Martin ( F second row) Brett Morris (B) Clay Priest ( F prop,lock) Zac Woolford (F hooker)

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You'd like to think so..

Jerome Luia would make the suffering almost worth it. As would Pangai Jnr or another young star like Tyrone May or a bunchoof others that would give us hope and something to look forward to.

Luia is off limits according to the Panthers -their contingency plan should Cleary decide to leave. Penrith will offer him a sweet deal and not sure we could match it. This is an unfortunate headache we have where we won't be in the market for exceptional players who can command a bit of money; will have to be bargain players who look like they can be something special. Will be a lot of players funneled to first grade ranks who are already in our club system.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Correct. One would hope that now we are working on offering a new contract to some of the better performing players such as Lewis and Martin who have stood up in a fairly big way over the last few weeks. Martin has scored more tries in a few games than Mbye has all year and is a far superior kicker to boot.

Money is tight so who do we retain ( who CAN we retain) from the following? ( Eastwood and Morris definitely gone as far as we are aware)F=forward; B=back.

Lachlan Burr (F second row, lock) Tom Carr (B fullback) Mason Cerruto ( B fullback ) Josh Cleeland ( B halves) Greg Eastwood( F lock, second row, prop)Asipeli Fine ( F & B centre, winger, second row) Matt Frawley ( B halves )Lachlan Lewis (B halves) Rhyse Martin ( F second row) Brett Morris (B) Clay Priest ( F prop,lock) Zac Woolford (F hooker)
Lewis
Martin
Woolford
Fine
Cerruto
And maybe car

If our cap permits. I have no idea how much we have left, but i think with all these players being shafted and our additions not being worth that much, we could squeeze these guys in

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Lol. You do know u need cap space to buy players hey. Now if we needed to shed players just to get under the cap next year, we need to shed even more to have money to buy players. This is exactly what they are doing right now. What we dont know is when shedding players hits the point we have spare cash to buy players we want.

I do not see any issue at all.

WestBeast

Peyow Peyow
Reaction score

Meaney
Cogger
Chrichton

Who’d wanna come , we are at the paying overs stage all over again like when Moore signed Ennis , hannant and stagg , no one is coming

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Once we where linked to every player on the market. Now the market is linked to every one of our players.
I agree, anything to make us optimistic.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I agree. I think we’d have a great chance of signing Jack Shit for sweet fuck all. Make it happen dogs.

Our roster doesn’t really matter. Game is rigged and beyond fucked anyway. Best to just play video games instead.

I wouldn’t be too fussed if I never watched a game of league again!

Status
Not open for further replies.