Opinion We need much more from Napa as our starting big man

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did anyone see Napa hanging out with some Newcastle players on 9 news this evening? I reckon this is a sign that he is leaving.
There was a bunch of players from all sports invited to a new pub opening in Sydney and he’s best mates with Watson I wouldn’t read too much into it.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did anyone see Napa hanging out with some Newcastle players on 9 news this evening? I reckon this is a sign that he is leaving.
I just went back on line to confirm that it was in fact him hanging out with Ponga & Watson. He was wearing his sunglasses inside the pub, and kept trying to shield his face from the camera.
In saying all this, the pub was in Sydney & he was team mates with Watson at the Roosters.
Could be something more to it though, as Watson was questioning what was going on with the Knights roster as only Frizzel has joined them with about 4 spots to fill.
O'Brien would have also had a link as assistant coach at Roosters too I believe.

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Napa would be lucky to pass a medical - his knee is shot and has been for a long time, which may explain his inability to have any impact.
He has been training with the boys doing extras through the off season and the I was told by a trainer that his upper body strength was low for such a big guy!

Any big guy with a serious leg injury will be found out under the new rules

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I just went back on line to confirm that it was in fact him hanging out with Ponga & Watson. He was wearing his sunglasses inside the pub, and kept trying to shield his face from the camera.
In saying all this, the pub was in Sydney & he was team mates with Watson at the Roosters.
Could be something more to it though, as Watson was questioning what was going on with the Knights roster as only Frizzel has joined them with about 4 spots to fill.
O'Brien would have also had a link as assistant coach at Roosters too I believe.
I can't see the Knights or any other NRL club wanting Napa. I think even for minimum wage. He looks worse than Guerra before he retired.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Napa would be lucky to pass a medical - his knee is shot and has been for a long time, which may explain his inability to have any impact.
He has been training with the boys doing extras through the off season and the I was told by a trainer that his upper body strength was low for such a big guy!

Any big guy with a serious leg injury will be found out under the new rules
He's a pillow, absolutely hate how he falls into the defender.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Benchy i blame pay he was never a starter

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If we can somehow medically retire him ....

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wow warriors are mad. He’s close to a
Mil now and warriors are paying
More wtf
Apparently Lodge is married to Peter O’Sullivan’s daughter who just happens to the Warriors recruitment officer. Apart from AFN Brown is building another mediocre squad where he will be able to milk the rebuilding excuse for a good 3-4 years.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Apparently Lodge is married to Peter O’Sullivan’s daughter who just happens to the Warriors recruitment officer. Apart from AFN Brown is building another mediocre squad where he will be able to milk the rebuilding excuse for a good 3-4 years.
They’ve been rebuilding since they entered the competition
They are mad.

The Dogfather

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Napa needs to go he is average at best. The club tried making up for the loss of klemmer by signing him. Big mistake that is chewing up some decent cap space. Flog him off asap and bring in some fresh talent that actually has impact