We need a more talkative captain.

Magic Arrow

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is not a thread to hate on Josh Jackson’s playing ability or whether or not he should be in the squad. That’s already been argued to death all over the forum. I love Josh and all that he means to the club. However he doesn’t argue the points with the ref. We were being held down all game and got no calls for slow play the balls. We need a captain that speaks to the refs and call them out. We get the bad rub of the green way too often. I don’t know who I’d want to replace him but we seriously need another James Graham/Michael Ennis out there arguing our case.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
This is not a thread to hate on Josh Jackson’s playing ability or whether or not he should be in the squad. That’s already been argued to death all over the forum. I love Josh and all that he means to the club. However he doesn’t argue the points with the ref. We were being held down all game and got no calls for slow play the balls. We need a captain that speaks to the refs and call them out. We get the bad rub of the green way too often. I don’t know who I’d want to replace him but we seriously need another James Graham/Michael Ennis out there arguing our case.
Last time we did he had to put his hands behind his back to dare address the ref

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah but we dont have a solid game managing player to take the captaincy so what yu gonna do.
I dont care if we won the challenge, challenging 1 min into the game is stoopid...

Froggo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Jackson has been a rock for the Dogs. Time to move into a non playing role. Next captain needs to be a talker and someone refs respect.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I reckon jac is a better option even from the wing

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m not saying Jackson is the answer but Graham and Ennis did themselves no favours getting in the refs grill. The old bent finger from Graham. The Refs hated us even more in those days.
Andy Ryan had good captain qualities. Seemed more strategic with when and how to manipulate the refs and when to just get on and play the game.