doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
No we have the players in isp ,renouf t ,francis t,ogden

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Drop tolman, bring in tualau, jmk to 6 frawley can go sell shoes, not the end of the world, but our line speed in defence needs work.
Rfm outstanding tonite.
There was a lot worse players than frawley out there tonight i saw him make two mistakes but didnt see him miss any tackles set two tries up and scored one

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
One that will be $0 this year. We have no cap left.
How do we have no cash?
How much did we sign suli for?
He left and replaced him with King
Surely not on the same coin

To me that = cash we have room for a mid season signing

dog on guard

mighty doggies
Reaction score
what a thread lol you would have 1 of your highest payed players in eastwood @ $800,000 a season in the reggies
the nsw cup bulldogs got smashed by wests if anyone thinks on form guys like omaunga , ogden ,are nrl ready well they
are no where near it , nu brown he would make my bench as i thought he went good in a beaten side yesterday
cleeland went good 2 but came off injured with a foot problem & is off for scans today

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lack of pace in the outside backs is a real concern.......if we resign the Morris twins then that will do me...and Montoya is also too slow....Lack of pace has been a major issue for many years

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Pay also needs to improve his rotations as they were pretty tonight.
Correct. Our 3 middle forwards off together for to long. Melb were on the pace after a good pre season hit out. Dogs had 40min and woods didn't play from memory. Still a ot of positives from lat year.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Decent players don’t get released mid-season.
This is a selection issue not a roster issue. We have plenty of impact in the club. Just need to set aside the reputations and pick the best players for the job.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Greg Bird is way past it. Catalans are struggling big time in the super league and he's not helping them at all imo.
Sadly I think we are stuck with these blokes... until their contracts run out as no one will take em' even if we chip in. Won't crucify Pay for it though, he's just making the best of the shit he was given.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Eastwood and Elliot were ordinary - BUT so were the possible replacements in NSW Cup. Martin is a NSW Cup standard player - all be it a reasonably consistent one. Tualau has a few good carries but atm is only good for very short stints, Ogden probably needs more time in NSW Cup. Fine was good last year in NSW cup. Toomaga - seems to plod through most games. Apart from the bench a lack of relative speed /strength in outside backs seems to be another problem area. RFM and Foran were terrific night. Should be a lot of $$$ to spend for 2019.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Eastwood and Elliot were ordinary - BUT so were the possible replacements in NSW Cup. Martin is a NSW Cup standard player - all be it a reasonably consistent one. Tualau has a few good carries but atm is only good for very short stints, Ogden probably needs more time in NSW Cup. Fine was good last year in NSW cup. Toomaga - seems to plod through most games. Apart from the bench a lack of relative speed /strength in outside backs seems to be another problem area. RFM and Foran were terrific night. Should be a lot of $$$ to spend for 2019.
You don't need long stints from your bench forwards so i'd be far more confident with someone like Tualau on there. A 10-15 minute stint on either side of halftime is all that's required from a bench player, yet Tolman seemed to be out there for ages (can't find the minutes).

Tolman, Elliott and Eastwood were all just ineffective once they came on. Eastwood was a fat fuckinf useless **** that done nothing while Elliott and Tolman just got smashed by the defence in attack and defence. Both Eastwood and Elliott only had 1 run over 8m while Tolman had 2, that's pathetic coming from players off the bench.

Mozzie

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Tolman was out there for big minutes because whether we like it or not he has a big motor. Eastwood and Elliot seem gassed after 10 minutes. I agree with some others that most of the NSW forwards are not yet ready for 25mins off the bench. Plus it wasn't our hit ups that was the problem it was our defence at times which will improve as we gel better but Eastwood especially needs to get fitter.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Tolman was out there for big minutes because whether we like it or not he has a big motor. Eastwood and Elliot seem gassed after 10 minutes. I agree with some others that most of the NSW forwards are not yet ready for 25mins off the bench. Plus it wasn't our hit ups that was the problem it was our defence at times which will improve as we gel better but Eastwood especially needs to get fitter.
Tolman's motor is stupidly overrated. He isn't effective enough so who gives a shit how long he can stay out there. Tell Klemmer to lower his intensity and run like Tolman and he could play 80.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most disappointing for me was that our ISP team went from looking like a fairly good NRL side to a very average ISP team in just 2 weeks, which means that the depth we all thought we had we now have very little if any.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Most disappointing for me was that our ISP team went from looking like a fairly good NRL side to a very average ISP team in just 2 weeks, which means that the depth we all thought we had we now have very little if any.
The ISP boys did look totally off for whatever reason. Constantly falling off tackles, submitting in attack, no real intensity and just lack of focus. Dunno if it was down to being unfit, complacent because of the win in the last trial or just being completely outclassed by a much better team.

Wokball

Waterboy
Reaction score
Dumping Toleman isn't the answer.
I know he won't bust the line but he won't miss a tackle either.
Eastwood disappointed me last night as did Hoppa in his lack of line speed.
Hoppa is quite a strong and intelligent defender as are most guys who've played fullback.

If I was to bring someone in It'd be Ogden.
This guy is so ferocious he twice lifted Klemmer off the ground in a training drill to which the entire squad winced.

If Dean Pay gets into this guy's head leading into the Roosters game then I cannot see them handling him.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
How do we have no cash?
How much did we sign suli for?
He left and replaced him with King
Surely not on the same coin

To me that = cash we have room for a mid season signing
Not enough money for anyone of note, if there are leftovers from Suli after upgrading JMK. We arent the roosters, we cannot free up a few hundred thousand and then buy a million dollar player with it.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
You don't need long stints from your bench forwards so i'd be far more confident with someone like Tualau on there. A 10-15 minute stint on either side of halftime is all that's required from a bench player, yet Tolman seemed to be out there for ages (can't find the minutes).

Tolman, Elliott and Eastwood were all just ineffective once they came on. Eastwood was a fat fuckinf useless **** that done nothing while Elliott and Tolman just got smashed by the defence in attack and defence. Both Eastwood and Elliott only had 1 run over 8m while Tolman had 2, that's pathetic coming from players off the bench.
I think you are right - Tualau would offer much more if used in short stints - I don't understand the need for 30 plus minutes rests for your better players - surely Woods, Klemmer Fualalo are ready to go after a 15 to 20 minute break.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We need a mobile, aggressive Lock. Fualalo and Tualau should be our prop rotation

Status
Not open for further replies.