Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Brandon Smith or Turpin
Rudolf
Naden or Staggs
Piakura

There ya go.
You still have a hard on for B Smith, really??? I’ve been saying everyone needs to stop thinking B Smith is a top grade hooker because quite simply he just isn’t! I think that game against Parra last week proved my point, the guy created nothing from dummy half for the Storm and was absolutely gassed before halftime FFS! Open your eyes bro.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You still have a hard on for B Smith, really??? I’ve been saying everyone needs to stop thinking B Smith is a top grade hooker because quite simply he just isn’t! I think that game against Parra last week proved my point, the guy created nothing from dummy half for the Storm and was absolutely gassed before halftime FFS! Open your eyes bro.
Agree. He isn't the type of hooker we need. He isn't a hooker imo. Would be very disappointing if he was our 9

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need to focus on the young players that haven't come through yet and also recruit upcommers. We pulled out players like barba, finucane, Jackson, tapau and klemmer through the system and noone has heard of them back then besides barba shined the most in the system. We should not only think of the short term but also the long term of the club.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Dot get the monkey reference, did you mean money as in on the money?

he may or he may not return. 2 years is a long time. But Khoury was the one that wanted him re-signed, the ones who decided against him are gone.

Khoury knew he would likely be the chair at that point because plans were afoot to turf the aussies, and he told dean that he wants him back eventually, and at some point after that was revealked to me to be as a defensivre or lower grade coach.
Board movement has got nothing to do with ethnicity and your making it sound like the club is run by some mafia outfit, the reality is, there’s a mix of culture and the board is voted based on best man/woman for the job, the end. There’s always someone trying to link the Club to ethnic stereotypes and it’s a myth...

wouldn’t surprise me to get Pay back in some capacity, he’s desperate for a gig and would be suited to a lower grades role with his experience coaching Junior NSW squads.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There's plenty to be optimistic about for next season and even for the back end of this season. People just need to remain patient, ride out this bad stretch and wait til we get rid of more dead wood.

For most of the first half against Penrith and Newcastle we looked competitive and showed some positive signs. Obviously we fell apart in both games, but the new rules are making it hard for any overmatched team to make comebacks and once we get a softer draw, we'll start seeing better results.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I am still hoping we improve this season.
However our forward pack is a joke.
Burton & JAC won't do shit to the overall performance with that cream puff pack.
PRIORITY must be a high quality 9 and two big motherfuckers who can bash the defensive line, bend it & get some offloads.
There's none of them around however so....

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Hey fellas look I'm only new here but I chuck it out there I'm a roosters supporter always have been. BUT even though I grew up in a working class family in Paddo we moved to Ashfield and played my juniours for Wests at pratten park.

Now I don't have this hate for the dogs and man it pisses me that so early folk are banging on about the spoon. You guys won't get the spoon. Let's leave that for Kevvies blokes. FFS it's only been 2 rounds, need combos to set in and work, and a shitload can happen through the season.

I have a real soft spot for the (Berries), Parra and Wests and wanna see all them do a decent job this year.

Man I still remember the entertainers....that's what you blokes used to be and FMS it was bloody good to watch.

I reckon you got a goodin in Flanno.....trust me he makes Lam look like a reserve park player.

Anyways hoping you guys smash the crap out of Brisbane.........and hope the media piss off with this death riding you blokes.

Cheers
Once you have hung around on TK for some time you'll begin to understand that this is very much a negative place. Post a positive opinion about almost any player and you will get crucified, post a negative opinion and you will get likes. Once a poster gets a negative thought about a player they will bombard TK with posts about how shit they are. Expectation bias is very much in evidence, they will then look for every little negative thing they can find whilst completely ignoring anything remotely positive (eg; BeastMode has posted 25 negative times on Napa in the last 2 weeks and he will tell you proudly that it's not enough, he deserves more). That's just the way TK flows and you will get used to it after a while.

Go Dogs

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Once you have hung around on TK for some time you'll begin to understand that this is very much a negative place. Post a positive opinion about almost any player and you will get crucified, post a negative opinion and you will get likes. Once a poster gets a negative thought about a player they will bombard TK with posts about how shit they are. Expectation bias is very much in evidence, they will then look for every little negative thing they can find whilst completely ignoring anything remotely positive (eg; BeastMode has posted 25 negative times on Napa in the last 2 weeks and he will tell you proudly that it's not enough, he deserves more). That's just the way TK flows and you will get used to it after a while.

Go Dogs
Lets test this theory out.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
B. Smith's one of my favourite players in the NRL. I think he is a top hooker. He's playing at lock weight, up to 10 kgs heavier then what he'll be playing at hooker (why he's gassed/can't play 80). He does everything with intensity, 0-100. His playstyle is to run (better than anyone else in the NRL imo) but that doesn't mean he can't pass out in front at pace or get length on his passes which we've already seen he can. I've also seen him kick 40/20's so he does have a kicking game. His playstyle alone will inspire and lift our team (also his character). Go re-watch B. Smith's international/rep games (by the way he's first picked in those teams, not good enough for the worst NRL team after 2 rounds tho...) and then tell me to open my eyes again. He also had gladiator like performances at hooker last year for the Storm in his limited appearances at hooker. He can only get better with a full pre season at hooker and playing the role consistently. Then to add to that go look at what's available, the only other option is Turpin. No brainer. Until he's signed somewhere I won't stop saying/suggesting him, he's simply the best option and a quality to elite one at that.

Last edited:

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think we're lacking a couple of forward leaders in the current team. Hopefully Thompson returning will give us a decent boost in that regard. But it's a long season and we'll hopefully see a few of the underrated players we have step up and exceed expectations. But moving forward we'll no doubt see at least a couple of big signings for next year. I really think that aside from a few experienced signings we'll wind up doing well with players ready to emerge in the NRL and make a name for themselves. Seems that Barrett is pretty good at bringing these signings to the club.

I'm not ready to jump on the idea that we'll perform poorly all season. It's been a shit start. But refereeing hasn't helped a side that has 75% new players in the spine that haven't played together before. As the team around them learns what to expect, hopefully they'll get better at taking advantage of it. Having the weight of possession against us hasn't helped the forwards to do much in attack. Not only does the extra defence wear them out, but fatigue in wet weather starts sooner which has exacerbated the imbalance of possession. I'm not fully sold on Barrett as a master coach. But the players seem pretty sold on him which can go a long way. We just need to get some confidence to get the ball rolling.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
2021 hasnt started off well for the bulldogs but this should not mean we turn our backs on our board nor the club.
I can assure you they have worked tirelessly to secure marque signingings for 2022 so I ask you to be patient and supportive as its only round 2 and I do believe we will turn things around as the season progresses.
We must stick together and back our board/coach and their decisions as they are heading in the right direction!
And no one would , as doggies supporters you stick around through good and bad,you bleed blue and white , you ride the highs and lows .. it really goes without saying and is unspoken , to even think anyone would is Just very insulting to this great club we all love .!! End of.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree. He isn't the type of hooker we need. He isn't a hooker imo. Would be very disappointing if he was our 9
Jake Turpin from Brisbane could be a better bet and one that wouldn't cost North of 750k a season like Smith would. He'd be half the price and we could use the extra cash to bolster our props.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I think we're lacking a couple of forward leaders in the current team. Hopefully Thompson returning will give us a decent boost in that regard. But it's a long season and we'll hopefully see a few of the underrated players we have step up and exceed expectations. But moving forward we'll no doubt see at least a couple of big signings for next year. I really think that aside from a few experienced signings we'll wind up doing well with players ready to emerge in the NRL and make a name for themselves. Seems that Barrett is pretty good at bringing these signings to the club.

I'm not ready to jump on the idea that we'll perform poorly all season. It's been a shit start. But refereeing hasn't helped a side that has 75% new players in the spine that haven't played together before. As the team around them learns what to expect, hopefully they'll get better at taking advantage of it. Having the weight of possession against us hasn't helped the forwards to do much in attack. Not only does the extra defence wear them out, but fatigue in wet weather starts sooner which has exacerbated the imbalance of possession. I'm not fully sold on Barrett as a master coach. But the players seem pretty sold on him which can go a long way. We just need to get some confidence to get the ball rolling.
True 79.

Probably even Bellamy and Bennett didn't start out as world beaters.

Then look at the rosters they've had.

Baz might not reach those heights but its clear we have a plan in place for the future.

We're all feeling disappointed and flat about the perceived lack of effort. We all knew in our hearts and heads that we wouldn't win many of these first 5 games, while we found our feet with new combos.

On our FB sites it's being said the club are very concerned with the negativity and that it is affecting the club.

Maybe we should put any critiscism into perspective of our true position.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
2021 hasnt started off well for the bulldogs but this should not mean we turn our backs on our board nor the club.
I can assure you they have worked tirelessly to secure marque signingings for 2022 so I ask you to be patient and supportive as its only round 2 and I do believe we will turn things around as the season progresses.
We must stick together and back our board/coach and their decisions as they are heading in the right direction!
The majority of people on this forum understand,that after 4 years of mismanagement,and finishing down the wrong end of the ladder,was never going to b an easy fix,this is the year the rebuild commences,the light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter,and there are some promising signs,apart from a couple of doomsayers that are forever looking for excuses,to put the club down,most of us will always stick solid.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I will never turn my back on the club, but in the same respect it's been a very frustrating 6 years..

Every year we live in hope that the nightmare is over, yet it continues on and on.

You can't blame people for venting.. and I hope you are right.. but I'm over holding my breath..
I feel your frustration its been a loooooong six years but I think we are closer to turning the corner than we have been, but there is still a lot to do. all we can do is hope we keep heading in the right direction. I don't know if baz is the long term solution coaching wise but right now he's our best hope of attracting some genuine nrl players. said it from the start 22 will be the crunch year for baz. Hopefully the current squad gets less putrid as the season goes on.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
spot on smith is a lock all day every day,munster sprayed him a couple times on the weekend for his service or lack off it.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The majority of people on this forum understand,that after 4 years of mismanagement,and finishing down the wrong end of the ladder,was never going to b an easy fix,this is the year the rebuild commences,the light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter,and there are some promising signs,apart from a couple of doomsayers that are forever looking for excuses,to put the club down,most of us will always stick solid.
From my perspective it’s more to do with the individuals we had inside the club over many years which has brought the club to its knees. For a club like Canterbury to miss the finals 5 years in a row it’s devastating mate. We’ve had too many self interested and agenda driven personnel who have used the club’s turf to fight their wars against each other. Now for the record I’m not talking about the current board or Chairman Khoury who I respect and admire very much! The damage was done years ago! It’s a bloody long and hard road ahead that our brand and supporter base didn’t deserve to go through. We’re not Canterbury of the 1950’s, we’re modern day Canterbury with a great brand, a huge supporter base, a powerful leagues club that has our back, A1 training facilities and a proud history. Absolutely no reason to go 5 years with no finals appearance. We’re not the Tigers!

Last edited:

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
From my perspective it’s more to do with the individuals we had inside the club over many years which has brought the club to its knees. For a club like Canterbury to miss the finals 5 years in a row it’s devastating mate. We’ve had too many self interested and agenda driven personnel who have used the club’s turf to fight their wars against each other. Now for the record I’m not talking about the current board or Chairman Khoury who I respect and admire very much! The damage was done years ago! It’s a bloody long and hard road ahead that our brand and supporter base didn’t deserve to go through. We’re not Canterbury of the 1950’s, we’re modern day Canterbury with a great brand, a huge supporter base, a powerful leagues club that has our back, A1 training facilities and a proud history. Absolutely no reason to go 5 years with no finals appearance. We’re not the Tigers!
Agree with the comments u make,but we cannot ignore the self motivated agendas,that were present,during the last 2 boards,at our club,I spend a lot of time and money at our club,and I’m very much aware,of all the negativity that takes place.