"We make semis. We play top four and we're knocking on the door of winning comps."

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
"We make semis. We play top four and we're knocking on the door of winning comps." These are the words of Andrew Bobcat Ryan as he reflects upon his arrival at Belmore in the early days of his career. He came to us from Parramatta where they hoped to play in finals, they hoped to play finals footy.......where we expected to play finals footy, we expected to be in the top four and winning Premierships was our goal. Not like this past season where we were happy enough just to evade the wooden spoon.

We look at clubs like the Roosters, the Storm, with envious eyes.....clubs that have a strong success record, but what we fail to realize is that, this is who we were. This is what they took from us, the belief that they can and will be successful. Somewhere along the line our club seems to have forgotten this simple mantra "We make semis. We play top four and we're knocking on the door of winning comps." Mediocre performances, accepting mediocrity has never and should never be apart of our Bulldog fabric.

With Trent Barrett and his team leading the way in 2021, I can only believe that as a whole..... club, team and fan base that we will make the semis, that we will play top four and that we will be once again be knocking on the door of winning comps. Let all our current and new recruits adopt this as their gospel truth and BELIEVE....that this is who we are.

Last edited:

The Dogfather

Kennel Established
Reaction score
"We make semis. We play top four and we're knocking on the door of winning comps." These are the words of Andrew Bobcat Ryan as he reflects upon his arrival at Belmore in the early days of his career. He came to us from Parramatta where they hoped to play in finals, they hoped to play finals footy.......where we expected to play finals footy, we expected to be in the top four and winning Premierships was our goal. Not like this past season where we were happy enough just to evade the wooden spoon.

We look at clubs like the Roosters, the Storm, with envious eyes.....clubs that have a strong success record, but what we fail to realize is that, this is who we were. This is what they took from us, the belief that they can and will be successful. Somewhere along the line our club seems to have forgotten this simple mantra "We make semis. We play top four and we're knocking on the door of winning comps." Mediocre performances, accepting mediocrity has never and should never be apart of our Bulldog fabric.

With Trent Barrett and his team leading the way in 2021, I can only believe that as a whole..... club, team and fan base that we will make the semis, that we will play top four and that we will be once again be knocking on the door of winning comps. Let all our current and new recruits adopt this as their gospel truth and BELIEVE....that this is who we are.

I think Steve Hansen will be pushing this mentality. He knows what it takes to win and has established one of the best cultures at the All Blacks to create one of the most successful teams in sporting history. Im sure alongside the mentality of ‘making up the numbers’ wont be good enough and the club will expect every player to be pushing for top 4.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think Steve Hansen will be pushing this mentality. He knows what it takes to win and has established one of the best cultures at the All Blacks to create one of the most successful teams in sporting history. Im sure alongside the mentality of ‘making up the numbers’ wont be good enough and the club will expect every player to be pushing for top 4.
The place definitely needs a reset they have been playing not to lose for too long. It’s time to play to win again.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
There's parts of what the previous administration did that made sense but plenty that didn't. Building junior pathways etc, that's great and we're all for that but the rebuild never needed to take this long and it will still continue for a few years to come.

We've turned the corner but we're not totally there yet.

One of the best things done was getting rid of dead wood in the back office like assistant coaches. There's plenty of people in those jobs who accepted the crap dished up in the past few years, so glad that they're gone.

repolski

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Where’s all the people on here who were making excuses for the Andersons?
I’m here. I will always appreciate the Anderson’s strong commitment to our club. I will never denigrate Chris Anderson after all his efforts as a player and a coach. He is a great and will always be a great. Lynne is the daughter of the great bullfrog- she tried her best under very difficult circumstances but has been replaced and that is life. Now let’s see how it goes in 2021 and beyond. I am hoping it will be the start of a great era for the club.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Where’s all the people on here who were making excuses for the Andersons?
I'm sure they will still pop up here and there with the same rubbish, probably get the "they signed Baz" or "they got Laundy over" bs spin.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Dogs success has always come from taking one game at a time; and not getting ahead of ourselves.
Just focus on winning the next game, and the rest will happen.

Dog gone

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
New to the kennel ,grew up in western suburbs blacktown area and my whole family followed the dogs as does mine now didn't have a choice i suppose. My dad took us to belmore for most home games and we had a ball sliding down the hill on cardboard, trying to catch the kicks for touch amongst all the other kids doing the same thing and watching the kicks for goal at the northen end of the ground going on the train tracks,even seem one hit a train oneday and a train run over one aswell great memories. I live in Qld now but love the doggies forever even though wev'e had quite a few lean years to say the least, i think we are now finally heading into some good years comming up. Trent seems to know which areas need improving and is making the right decisions to make it happen as is the new board. So here's to good times ahead my fellow doggies brothers and sisters Go you mighty bulldogs show em what we're made of true grit and never give up attitude go boys

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: Even des’s era was a joke!
I hate what the nose whistler and his entourage did to our club in terms of development, recruitment and forward thinking but he did get us playing finals footy, a MP and into 2 GF's, so credit where it's due.

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: Even des’s era was a joke!
And his perplexing signings, back ended contracts & roster mismanagement by administration & those involved has haunted us till this off season!!
Hopefully there has been a collected learning from it so our great club & supporters never have to go through an embarrassing era like this again!

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate what the nose whistler and his entourage did to our club in terms of development, recruitment and forward thinking but he did get us playing finals footy, a MP and into 2 GF's, so credit where it's due.
We have been suffering from those years to this day! Fuck Des & his bad signings & decisions! He was only interested in immediate success & was happy to sacrifice our future to achieve what he did!!