We have not had a back line since

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Since the kennels two favourite players Keating and barba left we haven't had a backlime. Keating did 1/8th of the bad shit hodko and Reynolds do and copped it. You want to know the secret that held keatings success but hodko and Reynolds fail to capitalise at? When we do the simple wrap and graham passes it out, keatings runs directly at the line and draws in the opposing half or centre and created the gap for Morris or for barba to use the speed to gain the advantage. It's that simple, he had the speed and the balls to get in there. Now hodko does not have the speed nor the guts to run it at the line and Reynolds runs at the line and does not pass it or runs sideways and doesn't draw the man. Foran, Blake Austin, Sezer etc all have this. Outside of the kicking game that is basically the role of the halves. Execute that fcking back line play. Thurston was not executing it for the first three rounds and now watch him. He has it back. I have been saying this since 2012 but you scrubs couldn't handle it. On my phone so **** your paragraphs.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Keating's kicking game was so much better than Hodkinson's. He also had a better running game.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yh keating was no where near as bad as people point out...but the role he had to play was extremely simple but effective. Without Barba 2012, Reynolds would not be anything more than a park footballer.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Since the kennels two favourite players Keating and barba left we haven't had a backlime. Keating did 1/8th of the bad shit hodko and Reynolds do and copped it. You want to know the secret that held keatings success but hodko and Reynolds fail to capitalise at? When we do the simple wrap and graham passes it out, keatings runs directly at the line and draws in the opposing half or centre and created the gap for Morris or for barba to use the speed to gain the advantage. It's that simple, he had the speed and the balls to get in there. Now hodko does not have the speed nor the guts to run it at the line and Reynolds runs at the line and does not pass it or runs sideways and doesn't draw the man. Foran, Blake Austin, Sezer etc all have this. Outside of the kicking game that is basically the role of the halves. Execute that fcking back line play. Thurston was not executing it for the first three rounds and now watch him. He has it back. I have been saying this since 2012 but you scrubs couldn't handle it. On my phone so **** your paragraphs.
about time, someone who understands the game. thumbs up son.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Our forwards made our pathetic halves look like first graders. Put sezer or dare i say even sandow in the mix and we will win the comp.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Sezer's kicking game and calm head would be perfect for us. Canberra signed him for 500k. We should've given him that also to come back.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Keating wasn't a great half by any stretch but even i as one of his biggest critics look back on that time fondly because we actually scored points.

Hodkinson and Reynolds have gotten worse and worse this season and we haven't had a semblance of an attack since 2012.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sezer's kicking game and calm head would be perfect for us. Canberra signed him for 500k. We should've given him that also to come back.
Yep i cant believe we didnt make a play for him which scares me thinking des is keeping hokko ffs hope not

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hodkinson and Reynolds have gotten worse and worse this season and we haven't had a semblance of an attack since 2012.

From the 2012 GF where the Storm virtually shut us out because we refused to vary out tactics. our attack has struggld to score more than 12 points against quality opposition. Now we refuse to change our attack, as well as refuse to change the players responsible for directng it. De Ja vu of the 2013 season.
Schooled by the Dragoons......Fark me!

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
You've all forgotten the Ranga policy was the reason we had to get rid of him. His general play was not the real reason, it was just an excuse.

ArnieD

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I agree. Keating played more direct and had good speed off the mark.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
We haven't had a halfback since Brent Sherwin. Keating was terrible

bleedblue&white

go the berries
Reaction score
don't let time and a few defeats cloud your memories!!

Keating was absolute crap, no vision, no passing game and the worst kicking game in the comp (remember every kick for touch?? lucky to make 5m) his only redeeming qualities, decent defender and a good support player.

But ZERO creativity!

fiordog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
don't let time and a few defeats cloud your memories!!

Keating was absolute crap, no vision, no passing game and the worst kicking game in the comp (remember every kick for touch?? lucky to make 5m) his only redeeming qualities, decent defender and a good support player.

But ZERO creativity!

So you're the saying the difference between Hodkinson (right now) and Keating is Keating's speed? Fair call.

Malla

Reaction score
Keating was rubbish.

In context, you guys are referencing an unders line that Keating would run off his hooker as to why he is a better half than Hokko? Rubbish. He is a turn style in defence, his kicking game is horrendous and he couldnt run a bath let alone a footy team. The success we had in '12 was our forwards and Barba's success - that's it. Hokko is a great half, he is obviously lacking in confidence right now and just doesnt have that same touch as he did last season but it will come. Having off season knee surgery isn't an easy thing to get over.

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
I don't think I've ever watched a dogs game where I've said 'what that ****' out loud so many times as I did yesterday. Hodko is lost.

bleedblue&white

go the berries
Reaction score
I don't think I've ever watched a dogs game where I've said 'what that ****' out loud so many times as I did yesterday. Hodko is lost.
Ha!!! My wife ripped into me because all I said over and over was WTF for 80mins!!!

Looked like an under 8 side where the whole team just follow who ever has the ball and that's in attack!!

Status
Not open for further replies.