We got reffed out of the game!

LoneWolf

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Agree to some extent but I think there was 16 points scored from our mistakes .
2 Cotric drop balls
1 Allen drop ball + set reset

This team will be an improvement from last yr but you can already see there’s too many passengers

Our go forward was an issue tonight and will be all year

Defense: appalling . Soft tries have them lead and ref took over from there

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The refs knew what they were doing early on
Mate we were awful,20 mins in we were gassed,our forwards with the exception of heatherington,were completely dominated,I’m trying to find positives from the game,cotric Flanagan tried hard,the only good thing,there’s next week.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
You got to stop abusing me and living in denial.
We were outplayed, simple. We were scattered, we couldnt hold onto the ball or get back to our mark.
i saw it with my own eyes.
Just accept reality and stop creating your own comfort zone of it being some conspiracy by refs against the dogs. This isnt like the stolen trump election, this is just bad play.
i called it this morning in my other thread. It just played out.
We didn't get outplayed, the naughts would of lost to all the other teams tonight apart from maybe the Broncos.

You actually need to play to be outplayed.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
All you want from the ref is equal treatment, no one in their right mind can say Cummins did that tonight, appalling display of reffing one team. Despite lack of possession we scored 3 tries, which last year was big deal.

Having said that, we made too many mistakes and didn't muscle up, also the lack of familiar combinations was pretty clear.

Reserve judgement, plenty of good signs, I don't have us winning in the first 5 rounds. But after that, with Thommo back, the forwards starting to get to grips with what they need to do, and combinations starting to form, we might start to see more.
Yep. First time together in the big game.
Up against a team of bigger forwards and probably the best half in the game.
Too many simple errors, handing possession back in our own half.
The Knights had almost 70% possession in the first 20 of the second half, and that made a difference.
Despite that, there were good things to take from the game. Flanagan has already made a difference; and we looked better in attack when we had the ball in their half.

Barrett did say it would be shaky in the early part of the season. If he doesn't do a Pay, and make immediate wholesale changes, we might develop into a competitive side this year.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
forget about the set restarts and the cover up by giving some free ones to us, the smoking gun is the slap out ruled as a knock on
And a slap out by a second player in the tackle results in a Knights try in the corner. I didn't know two man strips were part of the new rules.

Knights had their hands all over the ball every tackle.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yep. First time together in the big game.
Up against a team of bigger forwards and probably the best half in the game.
Too many simple errors, handing possession back in our own half.
The Knights had almost 70% possession in the first 20 of the second half, and that made a difference.
Despite that, there good things to take from the game. Flanagan has already made a difference; and we looked better in attack when we had the ball in their half.

Barrett did say it would be shaky in the early part of the season. If he doesn't do a Pay, and make immediate wholesale changes, we might develop into a competitive side this year.
The Knights might make the 8, depending on injuries, but can't see them doing much, the strong teams already know how to carve them up based on the Dogs tries and line breaks tonight.

While we all want to see our beloved Doggies killing it, and will hope for the best, the reality this season will likely be an improved attack (already visible) and a half dozen or so decent wins to celebrate.

Bulldog Wrestler

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The refereeing was bad, really bad, and didn't help. But we were our own worst enemies also. I'm sure a certain amount of it is so many new players trying to blend into a cohesive unit. That will improve once they get more games together.

On a side note, the gleeful bias of the Fox commentary was nauseating.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
The refereeing was bad, really bad, and didn't help. But we were our own worst enemies also. I'm sure a certain amount of it is so many new players trying to blend into a cohesive unit. That will improve once they get more games together.

On a side note, the gleeful bias of the Fox commentary was nauseating.
So was the mouth breathing crowd every time we had the ball.