The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What ever happened to deathspell?

He only reminded everyone he was a lawyer every single post

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All good, I saw a solicitor, he's helping me out.

Had a guy jump infront of my truck to commit suicide, sat on the side of the road for 5 hours on the gold coast with the cops while they scraped him of the road and di all their forensics, my company had me drive the truck (a bdouble fuel tanker.. aka bomb on wheels) back, wash of his remains, then hook up to another prime mover and do figure 8s around the yard to see if the new truck and freshly washed trailers were compatible.

That's only half the story....

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Had a guy jump infront of my truck to commit suicide, sat on the side of the road for 5 hours on the gold coast with the cops while they scraped him of the road and di all their forensics, my company had me drive the truck (a bdouble fuel tanker.. aka bomb on wheels) back, wash of his remains, then hook up to another prime mover and do figure 8s around the yard to see if the new truck and freshly washed trailers were compatible.

I hope that you are being provided some counseling. Even if you don't feel like you need it, this might be affecting you more than you know.

A couple of blokes I worked with in the past found a truck crashed on its side and the driver impaled through the shoulder with a star picket. Took one of the blokes a year before he realised that he was having nightmares about it before he got some counseling. Your situation is not the same but I can't imagine that we're all well equipped to deal with something like what you went through and not have some trauma to cope with. Being tough and stoic might seem like the right path for you, but I suggest you find a professional to talk through it with. Might help avoid some long term issues that you can't foresee right now.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope that you are being provided some counseling. Even if you don't feel like you need it, this might be affecting you more than you know.

A couple of blokes I worked with in the past found a truck crashed on its side and the driver impaled through the shoulder with a star picket. Took one of the blokes a year before he realised that he was having nightmares about it before he got some counseling. Your situation is not the same but I can't imagine that we're all well equipped to deal with something like what you went through and not have some trauma to cope with. Being tough and stoic might seem like the right path for you, but I suggest you find a professional to talk through it with. Might help avoid some long term issues that you can't foresee right now.
Thanks mate, yeh I went back to work for 2 weeks but fell apart miserably.

Since then I've been in and out of mental health hospitals and my weeks a chewed up buy psychiatrist, psychologist, and GP visits.

All good though, just gotta take it as it comes.

Thegoldtoothrat

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Thanks mate, yeh I went back to work for 2 weeks but fell apart miserably.

Since then I've been in and out of mental health hospitals and my weeks a chewed up buy psychiatrist, psychologist, and GP visits.

All good though, just gotta take it as it comes.
If your in a hospital for mental health for more than 2 weeks. The government will provide you with up to 6 free psychologist appointments and you can apply for sick benefits while you recover. Your employer should let you take sick days or even workers comp case can be opened. If not see your union delegate even if your not a member they will help if your employer is treating you poorly. All the best mate. Everyone needs help at some point in thier life. Government jobs like a police officer get paid stress leave in these circumstances.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Fuck me. That's heavy! Hope yourcoping ok??!!

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Best bit of advice I can give is to totally avoid psychologists. I speak from personal involvement.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Learn coping skills
I had a guy jump in front of me in Balmain opposite the town hall hotel and I started filming it and this guy got annoyed.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuck me. That's heavy! Hope yourcoping ok??!!
Cheers mate, yeh I'm doing alright, this sort of stuff effects people in different ways, I'm lucky I've got a fairly positive mindset and a good support network around me, and live in a country where there is professional support for this kind of stuff.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cheers mate, yeh I'm doing alright, this sort of stuff effects people in different ways, I'm lucky I've got a fairly positive mindset and a good support network around me, and live in a country where there is professional support for this kind of stuff.
Glad to hear it mate. Take care of yourself.