Opinion We don't have a 12!

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know I am throwing myself at the mercy of the keyboard warriors , but I would
Love to see us trial Okunbour in the back row. Played all his juniors there and could be that game breaker for us. I don't think he is a bad tackler but is a bad decision maker in defence. The decision making process won't be anywhere near what it is in the outside backs playing back row. With the season gone any way let's try something and see if we can manufacture a cheap solution. If it doesn't work so be it .

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know I am throwing myself at the mercy of the keyboard warriors , but I would
Love to see us trial Okunbour in the back row. Played all his juniors there and could be that game breaker for us. I don't think he is a bad tackler but is a bad decision maker in defence. The decision making process won't be anywhere near what it is in the outside backs playing back row. With the season gone any way let's try something and see if we can manufacture a cheap solution. If it doesn't work so be it .
He used to play second row. But he can't tackle and is already weak at wing, how is he going to be a forward.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Luki contract finishes at the end of 2025. Fuck him. We can sign Nani only for 2024 and onwards...
True... I think if Lecuiano Leilua had his time over again we could have had a chance at signing him.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
11. Topine
12. Kikau
13. Morrin
If this backrow worked out we could save some coin to boost our spine.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Topine is too small to play on an edge. You need your edge backrowers to be able to punch holes in the defence. He doesn’t have an offload either

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
RFM
Jacko
Doorey
Topine

Until more cap is freed up.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I wouldn't be extending Vaughan either. He's been decent but I think we could use his salary cap space better elsewhere.
Means you need to buy another Prop.... What can u get for 400k?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Means you need to buy another Prop.... What can u get for 400k?
don't need to spend big on another prop. King and Sutton starting. TPJ (big minutes, a bit of edge) and Patolo bench. I much prefer Jackson in the middle so either lock or prop for him. I'd be going hard for Matterson but might be too expensive.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
don't need to spend big on another prop. King and Sutton starting. TPJ (big minutes, a bit of edge) and Patolo bench. I much prefer Jackson in the middle so either lock or prop for him. I'd be going hard for Matterson but might be too expensive.

Depends if Sutton can do Vaughans job... Also depends on whether Thommo is staying or going? Also depends on who the coach will be.

Would be nice to see

Thommo
Mahoney
TPJ
RFM
Kikau
Jacko

Sutton
Patolo
King
Waddell

but i dont think that will happen.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Depends if Sutton can do Vaughans job... Also depends on whether Thommo is staying or going? Also depends on who the coach will be.
I'd be pushing Thompson towards the door too.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

Would be nice to see

Thommo
Mahoney
TPJ
RFM
Kikau
Jacko

Sutton
Patolo
King
Waddell

but i dont think that will happen.
I'm thinking

8. King
9. Mahoney
10. Sutton
11. Kikau
12. RFM
13. Jackson

14. an outside back, Toia or Averillo (depending if starting fullback or not)
15. TPJ
16. Patolo
17. Topine

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He used to play second row. But he can't tackle and is already weak at wing, how is he going to be a forward.
I disagree with you that he can't tackle and have the stats that back it up . He had the best tackle efficiency of any of our wingers and centres this season at 90%. His issue out wide is decision making and not the actual tackling. Playing back row limits him from having to make decisions. Don't mix the 2 up

Last edited:

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I disagree with you that he can't tackle and that stays back it up . He had the best tackle efficiency of our wingers and centres this season at 90%. His issue out wide is decision making and not the actual tackling. Playing back row limits him from having to make decisions. Don't mix the 2 up
Don't argue with Omar mate, the guy knows his shit.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Max King can probably play 60+ minutes. He doesn’t get tired at all. I know this from fantasy but King played 54 minutes and tackled for 40 and had 124 run metres. Another fully healthy pre season with hopefully no fat fuck Ferris along with his religious beliefs contributing to being healthier as a person to him, i can see a huge breakout year for King.