We desperately need another half!!!

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Which dickheads start these topics?

Wakeham has only played 10 NRL games and that is enough to judge him?

The experts say, a halve needs atleast 100 games under his belt.

If there is any halve which is not good enough, that is LL. He is getting worse every game he plays.
Wakeham needs time
Lewis needs 10 kgs extra to play lock and hope for the best !!!

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Totally agree with your synopsis including that of Wakeham. However we signed him up for another two years.
I think the kid has talent, but he is incredibly raw, and he really needed another season in cup to mature and develop.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The fact is Lewis didn't closed the game against St Mergers last week, the same was happening this game.
Steve G had to bring Wakeham on hoping he could !
Yep pretty much around the same time in both games he couldnt get a clearing kick away and put us under pressure with a cheap deflection / falcon

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
If Foran stays or goes it won’t make a difference so long as we find a top shelf maloney equivalent to line up next to whoever wins the shooting match between wakeham, lewis and whomever baz brings along.

GreenTurd

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Averillo is wasted in centers, I really want to see him in 6 for a whole game

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need to sign Jackson Hastings for next year (if there's any chance he will work with Barrett again) and then sign Burton for 2022. Hastings is the best half / game manager available for 2021. Green is too old. Don't forget when we tried Cogger this year on 2 occasions inside the Opposition's 20 he threw passes to no-one. He's so average, along with Lewis and Wakeham. We should get rid of the 3 of them and go with Hastings, Burton and Jai Field (with Foran) - would be refreshing to see an attacking half who actually runs himself.

Last edited:

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I don't think any of the young halves that have been used have shown any real promise tbh. I don't think we have any choice other then to sign someone.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Wakeham will thrive under Barrett imo.
He’s talented he’s shown what he can do when he played for Fiji, just needs the right guidance and needs to be kept in fg to gain experience.

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burton is a must, Cogger, Wakeham and Lewis not good enough, if we dont invest in a halfback for next season with the money we have, it would be a joke.

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Averillo is wasted in centers, I really want to see him in 6 for a whole game
I agree. I watched the game yesterday with some ex first grad halves. They all said same thing. You need a running half and a dominant organisation half, Averillo is a running half not a center. Wakeham is good. But overplayed yesterday. He willl come good. He’s not in Fozs league yet but has the potential to be. He’s tough and takes on the line. Put Wakeham and Averillo together it will work but may take some time.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
After this win Cogger probably won't get a run in fg at all, Foran isn't the answer if he doesn't take the pay cut, I don't understand why persist with Foran if he's not going to be here next season.
Double edges saw. Im not a fan of keeping him but without him we dont win games. He is the only ballplayer we have with footy smarts and skillset that are of an experienced player.

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
We need a dominant player that's going to close games out,versus st George and Newcastle we nearly lost both ,we should of won both

Samuel

New Pup
Reaction score
I know its a pretty obvious thread, and there has been plenty of talk about our interest in Burton, but Lewis' consistent mistakes, and wakehams shocking effort to close out todays game very much prove we need to recruit.
He come on for 15min.... Needs to be given time to settle in.. especially in those confistion.. Cant come on and just close the game out