We desperately need another half!!!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The amount of times ive seen you post negative things.
I didnt start the tread but I can agree we still need a dominant half and also still need a top
Shelf hooker.
Stoked we won but the knights were way off and it was a shit wet weather game.
Don't infect me with your negativity.

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
They couldn't shut out the game,kicking game was terrible last 15, gave Newcastle territorial position

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
We need to recruit at least two halves.

Wakeham isn't up to scratch, Lewis is a Reserve grader and Cogger isn't a FG half either. Plus Foran might move on. So ideally we'd recruit Burton and someone else.
Correct need to sign two.
Lewis is the only half signef for next season.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lewis and wakeham have been super average this year i feel foz/cogger need to be tried
Wakeham is milford 2.0.
Katoa was great off the bench, newy big pack couldnt handle as well strong smaller body.
Cogger and katoa should be in the side before wakeham!

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a feeling that Cogger might not get a run for whatever reason.
With only 9 games to go time is running out very fast.
He hasn’t played enough to cast a fair judgment.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We desperately need a hooker

JMK tries but he is just not a FG hooker

His delivery (pass from dummy half) was laboured and not hitting the chest enough of our halves

His option taking near the line is predictably poor with regards to hitting settlers (Tolman on 4)

Just doesn’t have the natural game of an acting half

He’s a good utility option but my priority would be to buy a genuine 9

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wakeham is milford 2.0.
Katoa was great off the bench, newy big pack couldnt handle as well strong smaller body.
Cogger and katoa should be in the side before wakeham!
Yes katoa was playing really aggressive I wasn’t sure who it was at first

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need to recruit at least two halves.

Wakeham isn't up to scratch, Lewis is a Reserve grader and Cogger isn't a FG half either. Plus Foran might move on. So ideally we'd recruit Burton and someone else.
Spot on about our halves. One is busted and the other 3 are duds. They have no natural ability and require babysitting during the game else they'll screw up. Clearly whatever training they do doesn't work under game pressure. Get rid of all 3 when their contracts expire and if Foran doesn't accept the reduced offer then get 2 new recruits.

Isaac

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Foran may or may not get another contract, but if the club has ne desire to trial Averilo in the halves, (he is our long term fb IMO) then we desperately need to sign a quality half, 2 if Foran is not re-signed.
Wakeham has not progressed in fg whatsoever. He has been terrible!!! He should not have been on our bench today, and should not have played the final 10 mins. Especially when trying to hold on to a small lead i wet conditions. At least Lewis can defend for that period.
With no opportunity for Biondi-Odo in reserves tbis year, there is no telling how good he could become, so we need to buy a quality half no matter what. Unless Barrett decides to play Foran and Averilo in the halves.
Mate just appreciate the win. The boys did amazing. We don’t need a half. All we needed was a coach and Georgillias is doing good for what’s available. It’s a young side, we play better under Georgillias. I can’t default anything. Yeah Wakeham fucked up on one kick. But the knights have a experienced side, and apply pressure. Lewis played good his defensive efforts are great. Barrett will definitely put him at lock next year. Meaney as absolutely awesome at fullback, his so calm and improving every game.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I Dont think they will get another Half.
I think Baz will work with what we have to start with as these guys we have will benefit with having Baz as Coach
We have a few young potential halves at the club that need a coach like Barrett to com along.... Surely we will find our halves in the next couple of years.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mate just appreciate the win. The boys did amazing. We don’t need a half. All we needed was a coach and Georgillias is doing good for what’s available. It’s a young side, we play better under Georgillias. I can’t default anything. Yeah Wakeham fucked up on one kick. But the knights have a experienced side, and apply pressure. Lewis played good his defensive efforts are great. Barrett will definitely put him at lock next year. Meaney as absolutely awesome at fullback, his so calm and improving every game.
For the record, I created another thread titled, what did you find most pleasing about today's win? I'm simply pointing out that we need a quality half to get us back in contention.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
BBO and Burton with Avo at FB. They will be our halves in 2022.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wakeham nearly cost us the game today on a few occasions. I know he is still learning but it was basic things that went pear shaped and I don’t know that he is a better option then
Lewis like everyone keeps saying

Mozzie

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Gees guys, Everybody knows that Lewis won't be playing half next year but for 60 mins while he was on the field he only made a couple of mistakes and he did have a hand in one of our trys. So give a little credit where its due.