We are the Canterbury Bulldogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterP

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We all need to settle down and stop dividing ourselves more apart, on one side we have support for the old board & the other side we have support for curren board. This is not about the board anymore, it's about us FANS we need to stick together as one & not worry about political side of things. I don't care about Dib, Raelene or Anderson's but what I do care about is the blue and White Jersey & all the Bulldog friends I've made throughout those years. This is why we are all on this forum because we care about our Bulldogs, it is what is at the moment and we keep losing games and it hurts but along the way I'm gaining Bulldog friends at the games, at work, at the leagues club and even on this forum. Through these tough times I've met some good Bulldog supporters & we are going to remember these moments when we are back up top where be belong and celebrating in the streets of belmore.
We are the Canterbury Bulldogs.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We are the Canterbury bulldogs..!!!

One day we will rise again an be the top of the table force we once were.. until then we can’t do sweet fuck all but we are getting very impatient and with that Comes negativity which is a given.

I think we have all been patient enough an it’s time tostart seeing big improvement and wining ALOT more games than we are!! Because it’s a JOKE!!

I stand by this club that I’ve supported since I was a child and I always will no matter what!! I will never support another team ever.... But talk is cheap!!

We just want results.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
The Andersons sailed on in on a magic carpet with delusions of grandeur thanks to "The 3 Amigos" completely shitting the bed.

Promises thrown around left, right and centre, yet several months in all they've done is:
- Destabilise the playing group.
- Piss the fanbase off.
- Send two of our players off to other clubs (whilst we foot a significant part of the bill).
- Appoint their friends/accquaintances in various positions of power within the club.
- Recruit fuck all.
- Talk, talk and talk...

Although that said they've been very quiet of late.

Success starts with action, not words.

So far we have fuck all recruited for next year, strings of lies about our cap situation, and the only thing we hear from the board is "it's the previous boards problems".

So yes, success starts from the top.

They need to pull their fingers out.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
These are my thoughts on our current board and previous board

Previous board - gave Des too much control and didnt intervene enough when wrong decisions were made by him. The club was strong for the majority of their tenure being able to attract star players. We made 2 GFs and finals for 5 years straight and had some great times from 2012-2015 especially.

Des has his strong points and weak points. I think hes a good coach in the strict meaning of the word. Our defence was strong. He built a strong team culture and the players gave it their all and fought hard alot of the time even though they were inferior on paper. The 2014 finals run was awesome. The 2015 Finals win against St G was awesome. 2012 we needed that GF win but he was outcoached in that game. But the change from Moore to Des was chalk and cheese, it was a massive improvement.

He brought some really good kids up like Jacko Klemmer Finucane Reynolds only to let some of them leave, and kept Lichaa while letting Cook go. That was a DUD call. Same with the myth that was TRex who should have been punted early on. And there are many similar examples that have been done to death here.

Des clearly has big problems when it comes to recruitment/retention and salary cap management. This may not make him a bad 'coach' of rugby league players, but its now an essential part of the game for a coach, unless you have a great front office or recruitment team that can do it for you. All in all Dessies time was up , the place got stale and I was happy for a change.

Current coach. I still cant make a call on Pay. He has rookies running around and hes a rookie himself as coach with no track record. I was happy for him to have a shot. BUT IF I HAD KNOWN last year we were going to go through a massive rebuild this year I WOULD HAVE WANTED A COACH WITH A TRACK RECORD OF REBUILDING. No-one knew last year we were heading for a rebuild this year and what looks like the coming year(s). That all happened on the back of the board elections.

Now onto current board. I dont know how successful they will be and how capable they are. The major figures that have control of the footy club in CA and his wife dont really have a track record of running a footy club and rebuilding a club. CA was a great coach in the 90s. Lynn was involved in the 90s at our club then the Titans who have been abit of a rabble themselves, she also has experience with paralympics which suits our current attacking style.

Jokes aside I wish them the best and I hope they know what they're doing. I think the lack of TPAs will hurt our club attracting good players, and I dont think investing in kids is the best way to rebuild. The job is difficult and complicated. If they do well and we see some light out of this shitty tunnel in the next 2 years they will get re-elected. If this situation doesnt improve and the rebuild project isnt successful we will probably have a new board in feb 2021.

I think a massive misconception on the kennel is support for the old board means not supporting the current board and vice verse when both can be mutually exclusive.

Il make a decision on the current board and coach in a years time when they had a fair crack at it. But as it stands i cannot be blindly confident until I see some positive results.

My feelings are that we arent in an ideal situation on or off the field with the lack of experience we have (see my other thread). Our club needs a Gould type character is CA that man? Lets hope so, otherwise we will struggle and this rebuild project thats commenced will take alot longer.

Back onto the coach.
There is a big difference for eg in the job rookie coach Seibold has at Souths walking into a club with settled halves, the 3 Burgess bros killing it upfront, Gagai and Inglis at centre etc and the job rookie coach Pay has at rebuilding a team of kids. Both are rookie coaches but both have very different task on their hands.

Pay may be a good rugby league coach but his job now is to rebuild a FG team from having a handful of quality NRL players. He has a massive job which now involves great recruitment and at its forefront and crucial decisions all around.

Who knows how he will go? Ditto with new board.

I hope everyone at our club is judged on their results in a fair time frame & not on agendas and bias etc. My opinion on Pay & the current board will be based on results , the proof will be in the pudding & I wish them all the best.

Last edited:

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
After every loss my mates that support opposition teams would give me shit but now they just feel sorry for me

That’s worse!

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
After every loss my mates that support opposition teams would give me shit but now they just feel sorry for me

That’s worse!
Same here mate, they pitty me now instead of belittling me.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Andersons sailed on in on a magic carpet with delusions of grandeur thanks to "The 3 Amigos" completely shitting the bed.

Promises thrown around left, right and centre, yet several months in all they've done is:
- Destabilise the playing group.
- Piss the fanbase off.
- Send two of our players off to other clubs (whilst we foot a significant part of the bill).
- Appoint their friends/accquaintances in various positions of power within the club.
- Recruit fuck all.
- Talk, talk and talk...

Although that said they've been very quiet of late.

Success starts with action, not words.

So far we have fuck all recruited for next year, strings of lies about our cap situation, and the only thing we hear from the board is "it's the previous boards problems".

So yes, success starts from the top.

They need to pull their fingers out.
It’s betteR off fast tracking the players leaving early then to drag it out and get no where, they have taken more Action than most boards and I guarantee if you went through previous posts we all wanted woods and mbye gone for their high salary cap payments , who do you suggest we use to fill in the blanks until then genius ? No solutions from you what so ever, atleast this board has the balls to make the call. It’s been one season of downs but what did you expect ?

The pros outweigh the cons

Status
Not open for further replies.