We are now in the desperately needing a premiership state

Status
Not open for further replies.

theking

New Pup
Reaction score
Well. A lot of things have been established. Bulldogs can make a grand final (2012 2014). Bulldogs haven't won in over 10 years. The NRL won't give us favours and NRL fans who follow a team not called Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs will kick us when we lose, call us grubs/cheats/any other name to disgrace us. Therefore, the only thing to resolve this, and stick it to the NRL and stupid, bandwagon fans is to WIN THAT TROPHY.
As a bulldog fan who is 20 and spent three quarters of his life going for the blue and whites, I can say this is the first time I've felt depressed. We've lost for a decade. Annoying clubs such as Roosters, Souths, Melbourne, Manly have won comps since our last time........ I didn't mind St George or West Tigers winning the comp during that time. But bulldogs, we call ourselves a proud club. Can we show that in 2015, the 80th year? Overcome the NRL for fining us for absolute bullshit, overcome the 15 teams that hate us. Because we need to.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
We will win it next year, relax and enjoy the ride.

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Agreed until you said you didn't mind St George winning it.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
:clap2: :thumb:

Solid first post!

Welcome to The Kennel ... and completely agree with you.

Reaction score
I don't remember St George winning one lately.

GRKDOG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Oh you mean when it was handed to them because the Storm were kicked out.
This.

As much as dragons fans hate to admit it. They all know it was a claytons premiership. It will always have a * in the record books.

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Well. A lot of things have been established. Bulldogs can make a grand final (2012 2014). Bulldogs haven't won in over 10 years. The NRL won't give us favours and NRL fans who follow a team not called Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs will kick us when we lose, call us grubs/cheats/any other name to disgrace us. Therefore, the only thing to resolve this, and stick it to the NRL and stupid, bandwagon fans is to WIN THAT TROPHY.
As a bulldog fan who is 20 and spent three quarters of his life going for the blue and whites, I can say this is the first time I've felt depressed. We've lost for a decade. Annoying clubs such as Roosters, Souths, Melbourne, Manly have won comps since our last time........ I didn't mind St George or West Tigers winning the comp during that time. But bulldogs, we call ourselves a proud club. Can we show that in 2015, the 80th year? Overcome the NRL for fining us for absolute bullshit, overcome the 15 teams that hate us. Because we need to.
We will again and sooner than u think.. However i cant stand St Merge and cringe at the thought of dragons fans rejoicing in preimiership glory much like the Beagles and bloody Parra...

wests no problem as they second team if we dont make finals... Souths good luck to them, they had a really rough couple of decades.

Were building a Premiership team and next year looks ominous..

Just keep the faith bud..proudtobeabulldog..

Last edited by a moderator:

cLEBrity

Mujnoon
Reaction score
any mofo who puts my club or team down I hammer straight back. there people I don't even talk to anymore cos of sticking up for my club,
stuff the haters mate we WILL win one soon.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I think we need to wait something like 42 years before we win one and get the whole NRL/media on board lol

But seriously I reckon we do need to win some soon and Des is getting us closer with consistent finals displays so yeah just wait alittle longer its coming!

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
halves,FB,hooker

both years we've had a problem with one or all of these spine positions. Our ability to even make the GF in spite of ourselves has been a testament to the club. If we can go into one with no ?? around the players in these positions I pity the team we play in the big one.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I think we are a few years away from winning it. I'm not convinced of our chances next year because a lot of teams who faultered at the end will be back next year with just as much hunger and desire as us to try and win the competition. Not to mention clubs who will be more competitive with new coaching staff: Broncos and Wests.

We have done well to make two grand finals, but it was disappointing that we didn't walk away with at least one premiership. We used to boast to sh*t clubs like Parra that we at least win a comp every 10 years. Suffice to say that statistic is history.

I'm happy with the way the club is moving forward but if there is one area we need to improve in, it's our recruitment and talent scouting which has let us down in a big way in the past 3 seasons. Sure we made the grand final but look at our squad on paper, there's not many players that would make the Bulldogs all time greats list.

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This.

As much as dragons fans hate to admit it. They all know it was a claytons premiership. It will always have a * in the record books.
I don't see how it has anything to do with the dragons though, Melbourne were cheating and rightfully stripped of their points and banned from that year, dragons won it with an average side fair and square so as much as I hate them, you can hardly take any umbridge with their winning the premiership that year

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I was a bit worried when i saw it was a first time poster making a thread as their first post. Its refreshing that it wasnt BS or rumours like others who post threads so soon after joining.

This thread is proof to other users that we dont just delete threads because a new user made it. Its all about the content.

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
Here's how I see next year playing out:

Major players:
Rabbitohs
Roosters
Manly/Storm (whoever deals with the aging roster better)
Us
Panthers (either here or mid)

Mid-eight threats:
Panthers (either here or upper)
Storm/Manly (see above)
Cowboys
Maybe Broncos

Lower eight/mid-table:
Eels
Dragons
Tigers
Knights/Sharks

Everyone else

Last edited by a moderator:

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's how I see next year playing out:

Major players:
Rabbitohs
Roosters
Manly/Storm (whoever deals with the aging roster better)
Us

Mid-eight threats:
Storm/Manly (see above)
Cowboys
Maybe Broncos

Lower eight/mid-table:
Eels
Dragons
Tigers
Knights/Sharks

Everyone else
Roosters will be very hard to beat next year I reckon. They have lost mini but with rts going to FB and the addition of
Ferguson and possibly Boyd their back line is phenomenal. Forwards are all rep players or soon to be rep players. Origin will hurt them though.
It was obvious the motivation was lacking this year. The same will be seen with souffs in 2015 compounded by the loss of burgess & teo.
Penriff will only be better for 2014 and have real strengths in their spine and they will have a lot of missing players back on board.
The dogs? Made the gf after looking horrible towards the end of the season. Any idiot who doubts des ability as a gear coach will now be put in their place. We have strengthened our strike power out wide and our forwards need no improvement but they will be even better this year. If liccha finds his feet quickly and our halves get confidence back we are as good a chance as any.

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
Roosters will be very hard to beat next year I reckon. They have lost mini but with rts going to FB and the addition of
Ferguson and possibly Boyd their back line is phenomenal. Forwards are all rep players or soon to be rep players. Origin will hurt them though.
It was obvious the motivation was lacking this year. The same will be seen with souffs in 2015 compounded by the loss of burgess & teo.
Penriff will only be better for 2014 and have real strengths in their spine and they will have a lot of missing players back on board.
The dogs? Made the gf after looking horrible towards the end of the season. Any idiot who doubts des ability as a gear coach will now be put in their place. We have strengthened our strike power out wide and our forwards need no improvement but they will be even better this year. If liccha finds his feet quickly and our halves get confidence back we are as good a chance as any.
**** i completely forgot about the panthers

post edited to add them

Status
Not open for further replies.