Opinion We ain’t as bad as people and fans think

Doggies2035

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Here is my argument although I believe some players should be dropped and replaced here is why I think the dogs ain’t as bad as people think!

Round 1 - We played knights as a completely new team with the refs not giving us one penalty that whole game and in wet weather football at the knights home ground. When it’s wet weather it’s anyones Game

Round - 2 played the panthers the best team in the comp in wet weather football and played with another slight changed dogs side with a 70% full stength team if you guys remember we only had a penalty 70mins of the game

Round 3 - this one I haven’t got a excuse for just played bad

Round 4 - played arguably the second best team in the comp in rabbits and after 15 mins of the game the ref was giving Souths all the calls

Round 5 - we played storm and showed we have improved slowly with some players coming back again possibly the third best team in the comp

So basically we played 3 teams in the top 4 and the other 2 we had all the calls against us and in wet weather football! So we shouldn’t blame Trent yet as we haven’t played the other teams yet we play cowboys this should be a test to see where the dogs are at

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Surely we're going to get better as the season goes on (when the season is out or reach), but the massive difference we're looking for is going to come from our 2022 recruitment - JAC, Burton + we need much more. We needed to be more competitive against the Knights in the second half and the Broncos game was a disgrace. Games/results like this will put us in contention for the wooden spoon, no need to sugar coat it.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are shit period... players all off contract and not even playing to prove they deserve a upgrade... it’s depressing and boring footy. Our defence is non existent

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ref excuse is a cop out , those same sides their fans will say the same . We all look at the game with our teams colours googles .
good teams or not . Fact was 3 games zero points scored, coped 50 against storm .
‘being competitive 20-40 minutes should be a given for any team in the comp no matter how bad

you can’t progress and improve unless you acknowledge how bad you are

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We just have a few players not putting in at the moment,pretty disappointing
Happy to pick up a pay cheque and that’s about it.
Look at young Topine when he comes onto the field busting his arse to do good for our team and club.

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Eh sort of agree mostly don’t I think the new rules are made for blowouts and aren’t helping I also think our forwards have taken a pretty big step back and our players either haven’t adapted well to new structures in place of the structures aren’t working

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Eh sort of agree mostly don’t I think the new rules are made for blowouts and aren’t helping I also think our forwards have taken a pretty big step back and our players either haven’t adapted well to new structures in place of the structures aren’t working

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Ballsy to post something like that amongst all the doomsdayers mate but good on you. There was a bit to like about the attack yesterday. The defence not so much. A lot of work for D Furner to do there.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Biggest issue as far as I can see is that when fatigue sets in and we're defending the players seem to feel that just getting back to the defensive line is fine. No need to adjust where in the line you are if it's very compressed and there are gaps out wider on either side and we don't tend to slide that well.

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are below par agreed I’d also like to point out that the six again rule has completely blown away weaker teams as we all know in days gone by weaker teams could hang in longer perhaps pull of an upset yeh sure get penalised heavily but it gave you a chance to get a breather and set your defence you say pay was better defensively no six agains in the pay era we forgetting that

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We're about as bad as we think. It's pretty obvious. But hopefully we can take the momentum of the second half and the fact that we finally scored points as confidence going into our must win game against the Cowboys.

It would help if Baz would pick the right team.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Here is my argument although I believe some players should be dropped and replaced here is why I think the dogs ain’t as bad as people think!

Round 1 - We played knights as a completely new team with the refs not giving us one penalty that whole game and in wet weather football at the knights home ground. When it’s wet weather it’s anyones Game

Round - 2 played the panthers the best team in the comp in wet weather football and played with another slight changed dogs side with a 70% full stength team if you guys remember we only had a penalty 70mins of the game

Round 3 - this one I haven’t got a excuse for just played bad

Round 4 - played arguably the second best team in the comp in rabbits and after 15 mins of the game the ref was giving Souths all the calls

Round 5 - we played storm and showed we have improved slowly with some players coming back again possibly the third best team in the comp

So basically we played 3 teams in the top 4 and the other 2 we had all the calls against us and in wet weather football! So we shouldn’t blame Trent yet as we haven’t played the other teams yet we play cowboys this should be a test to see where the dogs are at
I hear you and we have had some tough teams but weather and ref excuses is loser mentality to me.
Its not about winning, its about improving.
Atleast Baz tried something different with DWZ to fullback. Im not saying it was a masterstroke but the fact that we werent trapped in our half all game plodding out of our own end was better to see.
Avo was more involved, I dont know if this was Baz's doing. Its what we expected game 1. Hopefully he takes confidence from this and he builds on it.
Napa is a wasted spot and has been sinse his return. We know it, Baz knows it, poor ***** in 3rd world countries that have never seen a football know it. Plz Baz, fuck him off to reserves and replace him with Lewis or whatever.
Flano zero improvement in 5 games. He has to execute last tackle options/kicks, thats his job and he hasnt. It places so much pressure on the team.
I just want to see improvements, regardless of whether we get the spoon or not.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
LOLLLLLL WHATTTTTTTT! We’re worse then we think and score lines over the course of the season will show that

MariaZ

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We are below par agreed I’d also like to point out that the six again rule has completely blown away weaker teams as we all know in days gone by weaker teams could hang in longer perhaps pull of an upset yeh sure get penalised heavily but it gave you a chance to get a breather and set your defence you say pay was better defensively no six agains in the pay era we forgetting that
You are spot on! When you have a young player like 19 y.o Topine who says the game is fast really fast, how are players like Hoppa (who has good ball skills) or Jackson suppose to keep up with the speed! IMO This six again rule has changed the concept of the game.