News 'We’ve got time': Bulldogs playing the long game after Manly drubbing, Kiraz

Reaction score
we still appear to be lacking in intelligence which is a handicap that has plagued us for many years now.
when the conditions are hot it's basic 101 that possession is paramount towards energy saving, yet we show an utter disrespect towards building any possession which obviously leads to the game unfolding as it did. i expected the coach to be more smarter about this, extremely disappointing to see his failure to get small details like that into the gameday execution

judyisapunk

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We need someone to stand up and lead by action. Pretty much like kaufusi did for the fins.
Give Mahoney his dues he tried his guts out but nothing inspires teams like bashing the opposition forwards or a back creating something out of nothing.
TPJ has the ability to turn a game with his aggression but if he's to be fired up week in week out he needs his team mates to go with him.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
TPJ has the ability to turn a game with his aggression but if he's to be fired up week in week out he needs his team mates to go with him.
Bloke is as unfit as can be, there is no surprise when he gets injured all the time. Plus there's a way to do it without being a thug and being suspended doing it. Kaufusi a great example last weekend.

judyisapunk

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bloke is as unfit as can be, there is no surprise when he gets injured all the time. Plus there's a way to do it without being a thug and being suspended doing it. Kaufusi a great example last weekend.
He was last year but he looks in good shape now.. obviously we're yet to see him play so it remains to be seen just how fit he is.

Yeah Kaufusi was awesome, but keep in mind if Storm weren't a protected species he'd of spent much more time on the sidelines.. he has a rap sheet as long as Santa's list.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We must be the only club that had World Cup players with a short pre season, and new players that requires time for the team to gel

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need someone to stand up and lead by action. Pretty much like kaufusi did for the fins.
Give Mahoney his dues he tried his guts out but nothing inspires teams like bashing the opposition forwards or a back creating something out of nothing.
The problem is we don't have anyone half as tough or imposing as Kaufusi.

hackenbush

Kennel Established
Reaction score
For once I would like an objective reply from players....
...today we played shit, ... needs to address deficiencies during the week if we are to win, ... most of us will need to improve on that oerformance.
An honest appraisal would be more welcome the fans. Bellamy would never mince his appraisal after a loss or look for excuses.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Our defence was good tbf, repelled Manly for multiple sets on our line and overall they didn't really look like threatening. We were even getting in Toms face early and limiting his impact on the game and even forced him into errors.

Everything else was a complete disaster. Burton alone is down for 4 errors but that's easily more than doubled when you include all the other dumb shit he did like throwing hospital balls to multiple players, not kicking, failing to dive on loose balls, etc. We then got hammered in set restarts, conceded multiple repeat sets from DCE, etc. We were fucking gassed and Manly only ended up crossing for their second after a ridiculous sin bin and HIA to Kiraz that pretty much fucked our right edge defence.

I think we can bounce back if we cut down even just half of the dumb errors. Props are an obvious issue, as is our attack. Attack just looks like more cookie cutter panther shit. Very flat, very left edge dominated, right edge gets very little ball. I don't get the obsession with this absolutely hate it. We don't even have the chemistry or class to pull this off in the first place. The stupid take from all this is that our only line break against Manly came from the right edge after a couple of quick darts at the defence, nothing fancy. Just simple footy with player pushing up in support that eventually created the space for the break to be made. But na, obsess over the left fucking edge all fucking game. I think I just talked myself out of believing we can turn this around by the end of this paragraph :sob:

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was last year but he looks in good shape now.. obviously we're yet to see him play so it remains to be seen just how fit he is.

Yeah Kaufusi was awesome, but keep in mind if Storm weren't a protected species he'd of spent much more time on the sidelines.. he has a rap sheet as long as Santa's list.
Good shape..nek minute injured. He’s a 900k injury prone crab. Sorry don’t rate him and I hate the price not even worth 400k and he’s on 900k somehow.

Kaufusi at least knows how long he can push the envelope

judyisapunk

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Good shape..nek minute injured. He’s a 900k injury prone crab. Sorry don’t rate him and I hate the price not even worth 400k and he’s on 900k somehow.

Kaufusi at least knows how long he can push the envelope
Injuries unfortunately are part of the game.. But I'm certainly not implying that he's worth the money, I'm just saying that he has it within him to turn games, unfortunately just not consistently.

Yeah it helps when you play for a team who is not under the microscope. I don't blame the refs for our losses, and us sucking, but I do know we get pinned for every 50 50, something Melbourne do not.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Injuries unfortunately are part of the game.. But I'm certainly not implying that he's worth the money, I'm just saying that he has it within him to turn games, unfortunately just not consistently.

Yeah it helps when you play for a team who is not under the microscope. I don't blame the refs for our losses, and us sucking, but I do know we get pinged for every 50 50, something Melbourne do not.
He’s had it his whole career so sorry if I don’t buy the oh he’s in great shape thing. I don’t feel he does have it to change this. Some players want success and others think they can waltz around, and the latter are overpaid and useless most of the time.

It is so easy to blame the team but you don’t get suspended with nice solid hits.

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
“You can’t put all your eggs in one basket in round 1”.

Ah, that’s not really how this statement is meant to be used….

judyisapunk

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He’s had it his whole career so sorry if I don’t buy the oh he’s in great shape thing. I don’t feel he does have it to change this. Some players want success and others think they can waltz around, and the latter are overpaid and useless most of the time.

It is so easy to blame the team but you don’t get suspended with nice solid hits.
Tevita was much better disciplined last year than he's ever been. And that's the issue of being in a bottom team.. if you put Tevita in the Panthers they could just use him for impact, where as we are making the same mistake as we did with Napa and trying to make him the player that he's not, simply to compensate for not having genuine quality props.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our defence was good tbf, repelled Manly for multiple sets on our line and overall they didn't really look like threatening. We were even getting in Toms face early and limiting his impact on the game and even forced him into errors.

Everything else was a complete disaster. Burton alone is down for 4 errors but that's easily more than doubled when you include all the other dumb shit he did like throwing hospital balls to multiple players, not kicking, failing to dive on loose balls, etc. We then got hammered in set restarts, conceded multiple repeat sets from DCE, etc. We were fucking gassed and Manly only ended up crossing for their second after a ridiculous sin bin and HIA to Kiraz that pretty much fucked our right edge defence.

I think we can bounce back if we cut down even just half of the dumb errors. Props are an obvious issue, as is our attack. Attack just looks like more cookie cutter panther shit. Very flat, very left edge dominated, right edge gets very little ball. I don't get the obsession with this absolutely hate it. We don't even have the chemistry or class to pull this off in the first place. The stupid take from all this is that our only line break against Manly came from the right edge after a couple of quick darts at the defence, nothing fancy. Just simple footy with player pushing up in support that eventually created the space for the break to be made. But na, obsess over the left fucking edge all fucking game. I think I just talked myself out of believing we can turn this around by the end of this paragraph :sob:
This sums up that game perfectly … the question now is how CC processes all that and handles the team this week so we get the opposite results against the Storm and moving forward.

The best mate Koombiya stuff was all good for the off season getaway bonding camp, but how is he at the behind closed doors Bellamy style burst a blood vessel kick ass yelling match, because the way that team played, they needed a Royal ass kicking and then a week out on the field drilling them over and over on the simple things until it becomes muscle memory.

If he thinks the old we’re rebuilding, it’s going to take time, we were good in patches, our D was good and we need to lift here and there and be more at one with each other is going to work, he’s in for a rude shock.

That team needs to be on the field all week dripping sweat and working on the fundamentals and how to attack on both sides of the field …

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
calling on fans to be patient
insisted that the long-term project was just beginning
We’ve done a lot off the field on being connected and bringing a good culture to the club
Fans should look at that and the positives. We’ve got time
Trust,” was his message for the fans. “We’ve got a really good system in place
We’re a new squad

7 years and the same quotes from players and coaches. These ***** treat us like we're stupid.