News 'We’ve got time': Bulldogs playing the long game after Manly drubbing, Kiraz

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
He's right, some of you simpletons have already written the entire season off!
As we should write it off, fam. In fact, I wrote it off before round 1.

Ciraldo is Barrett 2.0...we still can't avoid committing the most basic of errors.

We are finished...and not just for 2023....until Ciraldo gets the can, baby!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So the Nrl bunker put the HIA onto Kiraz about 10 minutes before half time when he was perfectly fine …. then they went on and made the ridiculous call on 10 in the bin for Flano with about 6 minutes to half time .. both calls when the game was in a 6 all arm wrestle, …

The blokes in the box are so blatantly bad they make the game look corrupt.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
tbf though we gave them a try from a kick fumble, intercept and 2 tries with a player in the sin bin which was bs
You need to defend better than that with a player in the bin these days, whether the binning was justified, or not.

We just suck, fam. Not one positive to take out of that performance...except for maybe Reed's effort. But even Reed's attacking options were one dimensional for the most part. Our awful team made him look better than he was.

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Sorry, not buying it - all i see is that they don't see any room for improvement and things will fall into place. You don't win games without effort and persistence no matter what.

You know what creates connection and good culture - playing with heart, not giving up and knowing that you tried your best.

"There is 20 odd rounds" If I were Ciro I would be laying into him for that comment, EVERY single round matters as does trying your best to get 2 points.

The only culture I see is one of mediocrity and losing, this is messed up.
Could not agree with you more.

The Bulldogs had better get this right immediately. It's absolute BS to talk about 20 rounds etc.

Very likely we lose to Melbourne this week and then Tigers in week 3 (because we can almost never win at Belmore).

That will put us at 0-3 and our season is basically cooked.

F**k this "we've got 20 rounds" bulsh*t and get on with it and start winning now, otherwise we will be looking at another year where we are effectively finished and out of finals contention after only several weeks.

Like you said every single round counts and for our players to talk like it doesnt is reflective of a mentality. At a micro level every single minute, every play and every tackle counts. Today's Bulldogs players just don't get this. I am no fan of Panthers, far from it but watching last years grand final they fought and scrapped and pushed for every little thing and every last millimetre in that game - Parrascum didn't know what hit them. Ciraldo was there so he should come down on the team like a ton of bricks with this casual "we've got plenty" of time BS and he should try and instil a better mentality in our team

chemdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You need to defend better than that with a player in the bin these days, whether the binning was justified, or not.

We just suck, fam. Not one positive to take out of that performance...except for maybe Reed's effort. But even Reed's attacking options were one dimensional for the most part. Our awful team made him look better than he was.
u do realise we had kiraz off for a hia at the time of the sin bin which would of affected our defence more once the sin bin occurred having players out of position

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like to think we will put in a better performance this week but if we stick with the same squad unlikely we have got enough points in us to get within 20 of Melbourne.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
u do realise we had kiraz off for a hia at the time of the sin bin which would of affected our defence more once the sin bin occurred having players out of position
I don't care. It's part of the modern game....you need to plan for this sort of thing. There are NSW Cup sides that would have beaten us, fam.

Look, things went against us, but we were still extremely poor. Good teams overcome adversity. They certainly don't continually invite the opposition into attacking opportunities by conceding amateur hour penalties and dropping the ball repeatedly.

If the players want to be better they should shut their mouths, train hard and work to be better....enough of these media interviews begging fans for more time. They've had seven years.

The thing about failures is, they always have an excuse. We have a team of flops....which is why it irks me so much when people single out the 'gun. It takes pretty much a whole team to play this poorly.

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Some supporters have been blaming the refs and back luck for the past 7 years. Sounds like t baz press conferences.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Some supporters have been blaming the refs and back luck for the past 7 years. Sounds like t baz press conferences.
Exactly, fam. I am one of the fans who do think we end up on the end of more bad decisions than most. But good teams overcome that sort of thing....and honestly, n top of Burton's shocker, our discipline and ball handling was horrendous....like, wtf did we do all off season, apart from shoot a web series? lol

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He's right, some of you simpletons have already written the entire season off!
To be honest only few boofheads on here have written the whole season off, but the second trial and then round 1 offered plenty to be concerned about. Our defence still appears to be all over the shop and any side with Flange in it looks like no-one knows each other..

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need someone to stand up and lead by action. Pretty much like kaufusi did for the fins.
Give Mahoney his dues he tried his guts out but nothing inspires teams like bashing the opposition forwards or a back creating something out of nothing.