We’re on the same page’: Trent Barrett unfazed by Bulldogs boardroom drama

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He could of been holding off signings until he confirmed if it was going to be 30 spots next year or less

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I really hope he coaches this mob to play positive footy next season as it looks like this depressing negative style of footy is now in the blood of some of these players.
Started with hasler continued by pay and finished off by Georgallis, yuk!!
I hope he flogs the fuck out of them in the off season and gets our fitness levels where they need to be.we are embarrassing.we are only good for 60 minutes.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well its obvious he is doing positive things out at Penrith. Facts in their win rate so far this year. Everyone needs to be doing their part for them to be notching up the wins so I cant see how he could possibly be doing a bad job.
He knows footy. He speaks professionally in regards to footy and doesnt dribble shit. Penrith players speak highly of him.
The old vid posted in the thread where he was first announced Bulldogs coach, he speaks about the importance of fitness. His demeanor was that it goes without question you need to be fit to have a chance (jeez, who'd have thought).
Positive signs so far I reckon. I think his signing is a positive.
My worry is our club.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the fact they have got Furner as assistant. Clubs where he has been assistant in the past have done well. I think that was sadly lacking with Pay

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope he flogs the fuck out of them in the off season and gets our fitness levels where they need to be.we are embarrassing.we are only good for 60 minutes.
If that, they look done by halftime most weeks

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
What's the latest with the coaching team!?

You may have noticed that Dean Pay did really well with our back rowers. As he was a back rower himself.
Hoping Trent can shore up the spines like he did at Penrith.

I like the Don Furner appointment for the forwards. We should get anitehe high profile former coach( like potter) as they generally have better experience than an up n comer. As barrett was with Penrith
We then round off the squad with a cheaper yet competent coaching signing like Lee Malkoun, who will be great with the youth and the locals, that way we can fit a few stars in the coaching cap.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
We should get anitehe high profile former coach( like potter) as they generally have better experience than an up n comer.
Potter has already been announced as coach of the Mounties Canterbury Cup team which will be our NRL feeder side for at least the next two years.

Calibra

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I guess in 3 weeks time we can dig further into it but after two games of no points and showing nothing in attack and defence we are in bigger trouble than last year... didn’t think that was possible...

BG73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I reckon it’s because so many in the squad are aware they have no future at the club, under pressure the effort and commitment isn’t good enough.

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I reckon it’s because so many in the squad are aware they have no future at the club, under pressure the effort and commitment isn’t good enough.
The would be the move stupidest move the players can do, if they want a contract elsewhere they will diminish their chances

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
TBAZ is awesome . I have faith in him coaching our doggies . Love the guy.. just has to prove me right in 22.!!!